1.    #1  
    I'm having troubles with the Navigator Button.

Here's what I think happened:

I installed a program called tMan from freewarepocketpc dot net/ppc-download-tman-v0-9-9.html

It has options to rotate the screen, so I thought I'd try it. Nothing appeared to happen, so I disabled it from the menu. No biggie, right?

Well, later on, the next day or so, I see that when I try to use the "down" button, it moves the field selection to the left (when I'm in a menu that lets me), and when I click to go "right" the selection actually goes down, etc.

It's as if the Navigator Button is in landscape mode, but the screen is not!

I tried the rotate options again to see if I could fix it, but it didn't work.

I tried a soft reset, that didn't work.

I tried uninstalling it, didn't work.

I tried a soft reset again, didn't work.

So, when I want to go down, I have to press right on the button. Argh!

Can anyone please help me figure out how to fix this?
    I've never encountered that problem... I'm sure it is something in the registry but I've got no idea what keys control the directions of the 5-way.

Is there anything else misbehaving?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Wisebar does the same thing and I was unable to figure out a resolution. I had to hard reset and it fixed it. Luckly I had everything backed up before hand (when I didn't i just didn't save my system data settings....

HTC Home plugin did the same to me twice today before I figured out what was happening. Both times I had to hard reset. If someone knows a better way, I'd like to know.
  5.    #5  
    this really pisses me off since before tman my navigator was fine. how come no one has had this problem? and now I have to back up? so much for the crappy tman someone recommended without QC it first! the navigator is the MOST IMPORTANT BUTTON!
    Quote Originally Posted by md7997 View Post
    this really pisses me off since before tman my navigator was fine. how come no one has had this problem? and now I have to back up? so much for the crappy tman someone recommended without QC it first! the navigator is the MOST IMPORTANT BUTTON!
    Same here with Wisbar's rotate screen function....Hard Reset was the only fix....sorry.
    I've used tMan for nearly a year and I've never used that function because, guess what, I don't need to rotate my screen. Both of my PPCs have had square screens which didn't require rotating (700wx, 800w).

I recommended it based on the excellent results I've had with it over the past year and the wonderful functionality it provides.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  8.    #8  
    I used sprite backup will that be available after a hard reset to restore my old setttings ?
    I used sprite backup will that be available after a hard reset to restore my old setttings ?
    It is part of the ROM so, yes, it should be available after a hard reset.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

10. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    I'm not sure anyone cares about the rotate screen function but I thought I'd chime in that the one that comes with SPB Mobile Shell worked fine. It doesn't change the d-pad orientation at all which is probably why it doesn't screw things up.
  11.    #11  
    Again, I did a HARD reset and I thought the Sprite backup file was going to be stored in the ROM as Gksmithlcw suggested and when I went to restore it was not found in the location I saved within "personal" folder in My Documents. Just to let you know that it is NOT stored in the ROM.

I believe, don't count on me on this, but you have to back it up to your PC and then sync it in, not what Gksmithlcw suggested. I was going to do that, but I had problems syncing my device due to USB power interrupt issue on my laptop.

Great advice Gksmithlcw, nothing personal, but please when giving advice QC first, same goes for Tman! I should have read closer to your earlier post for the word "should"!
    uh, Sprite Backup IS stored in the ROM. Whereas your backup file is NOT. Thatl's kinda elementary.

Don't blame gksmithlcw if you misunderstood.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lepricon View Post
    uh, Sprite Backup IS stored in the ROM. Whereas your backup file is NOT. Thatl's kinda elementary.

Don't blame gksmithlcw if you misunderstood.
    Oh my... I guess I will just stop helping...
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Great advice Gksmithlcw, nothing personal, but please when giving advice QC first, same goes for Tman! I should have read closer to your earlier post for the word "should"!
    Dude, nothing personal, but if you don't understand that the backup files need to be saved onto a card or desktop, or that you don't need to "rotate screen" on a device with a square screen, perhaps you should just leave your device stock and stop messing with stuff you don't understand how to use.

In the case of Sprite, you could have simply taken the five minutes to go to Palm's and lookup how to use: http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...m_External2001

In the case of Tman, you messed with a setting no one posted about using. I'm glad Gk pointed it Tman...handy and useful little program (and free mind you) that allows me to easily close programs instead of minimizing.

If you are new here, you'll see many posts saying "YMMV" or your mileage may vary. There's no way anyone can know what's loaded on your device or what may conflict or what a reader's level of understanding may be. We all just try to put out there what we know and hope it's helpful. I see no need for you to bash Gk for his posts when your issues are all "operator error"

I've been a Palm OS guy for many years and though I'm learning, I'm finding folks on this side of the fence (WinMob) more than helpful as I flounder along tweaking my device.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    I posted a thread about my Dell BT keyboard. In it I asked if anyone knew of a program to rotate the screen. I can use the keyboard and 800w just fine side-by-side. But, if I want to place the 800w on the attached angled platform of the keyboard I cannot if I want to attach the power cable.

So, respectfully, I have a reason to want to rotated the screen.