1.    #1  
    OK... this may sound a little too kiddish... but how do you do a soft reset on the 800? I am holding down the power button but all it does is turns the "phone off"... the device remains on...

Will I have to pull the battery out?
    there are some software programs you can install that do it, but out of the box, the only way i know is to remove/reinstall battery
    Treo 800w - Love the Phone Can Tolerate the Battery
  3.    #3  
    really? Wow.... that sounds real brutal....
    I wonder why they just didn't include a power off button...
    Do you happen to know the name of the software that will do it?
    Thanks a lot...
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    ilauncher by SBSH is one. Program launcher with soft reset function built in. Great ap.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    tMan is a free task manager app with soft reset functionality.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  6.    #6  
    Hmmm... So let me ask this... If I get on a plane... and the pilot asks to turn off all devices before take off (Not just the phone part off) ..... There is no way for me to power the device off... i will have to pull the battery out.... Correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting23ray View Post
    Hmmm... So let me ask this... If I get on a plane... and the pilot asks to turn off all devices before take off (Not just the phone part off) ..... There is no way for me to power the device off... i will have to pull the battery out.... Correct?
    Yes, the only way to fully turn off the device is to pull the battery but when a pilot says turn off all devices, airplane mode will be sufficient. You can verify this with the airlines.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Normally all they are interested in is making sure the radio is off and that involves holding the red button down to turn off the radio.