1.    #1  
    I must say that this Maps program is complete trash. The quality of the map is horrible and it takes ages to load when scrolling through the map. I still cant find a way to zoom in and out of the map.

Also, when I use the GPS direction feature through the map, it can't read in which direction I'm heading in, so tells me to make U-Turns when I don't have to...
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Go to Menu -> Keyboard Commands

But I agree, Maps leaves a lot to be desired. It doesn't even rank searches by distance. I have to hit Next 9 Results three times to get something in my own city.
    you press I for zoom in and O for zoom out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    Go to Menu -> Keyboard Commands

But I agree, Maps leaves a lot to be desired. It doesn't even rank searches by distance. I have to hit Next 9 Results three times to get something in my own city.
    Yeah... I searched for something today and got results seven and eight miles away but not the results I knew were only two and three miles away...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  5.    #5  
    anyone have an better alternative to this program? I remember google maps for my 700wx was much better but I'm not sure if they incorporate the whole "my location" (using GPS) feature so that you dont have to type in where you are...
  6.    #6  
    About the zooming in and out of the "Maps", i was referring to when you "get directions" from my location to a desired destination, they bring up the directions in "text" and then give you the option to view the map of the route... Once you view the map i cant find a way to room in and out of that map to get a better detailed look of the side streets and such...
    Quote Originally Posted by soysauce23 View Post
    anyone have an better alternative to this program? I remember google maps for my 700wx was much better but I'm not sure if they incorporate the whole "my location" (using GPS) feature so that you dont have to type in where you are...
    Google Maps and Live Search both make use of the GPS. In GMaps use "Use GPS" instead of "My Location".