Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Today used the Live Search program for the first time other than playing around. I had to find a garden center about 35 miles from my house. I used the voice function with out a problem and created a route. The turn by turn directions were working perfectly with the map following my position until I sped up to about 70 mph. Then the data connection could not keep up. The map screen still showed my position via the placemark, but all data disappeared leaving only the refresh arrows on the screen. I was in a 1x area. Has anyone else had this problem?
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Yes I had this problem with 1x. Shouldn't be an issue with EVDO. The map refresh just can't keep up with the slow 1x speeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbc28 View Post
    Today used the Live Search program for the first time other than playing around. I had to find a garden center about 35 miles from my house. I used the voice function with out a problem and created a route. The turn by turn directions were working perfectly with the map following my position until I sped up to about 70 mph. Then the data connection could not keep up. The map screen still showed my position via the placemark, but all data disappeared leaving only the refresh arrows on the screen. I was in a 1x area. Has anyone else had this problem?
    lmao...

yeah 70mph + 1x + constant data pull won't work

Over EvDO (and especially RevA) it works just fine--still a work out for the phone though, so make sure it's plugged in

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Plugging it in was the first thing I did. I need a cradle to keep it in view, though. At times, it would not keep up even at 50 mph, but the signal strength was a bit low. I tried zooming out so it would not have to refresh as often, but that didn't seem to work. It is definitely not a replacement for my Tom Tom, but it is handy to be able to use it whenever.