1.    #1  
    I apologize if this has been answered already but I looked and could not find it. Is there any way to migrate the SMS threads and Call Log history from the 700P to the 800W?

Thanks,
    Steve
    i used dashwire, when i migrated.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    As far as I know, there is no way to move the sms and call log with you from the p to the w. (Dashwire is great for moving w to w, but not p to w.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    As far as I know, there is no way to move the sms and call log with you from the p to the w. (Dashwire is great for moving w to w, but not p to w.)
    dang your right didnt even notice he said P
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    There was no 700W (sorry, couldn't resist)
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    There was no 700W (sorry, couldn't resist)
    But there was indeed a 700w. It came before the 700wx.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    DOH, have no idea where my brain was.
    gksmithlcw: 1 - NachoB: 0
    I would (personally) be happier if Palm would assign snappy names to each device like Samsung, HTC, and RIM do, and get rid of the antiquated numbering system which winds up confusing everyone.
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Your call log, try a program called Call2Journal. You will have to first get Call Log+ from Captura, install it, and sync your P. Then get Calls2Journal, install it on 800w.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Your call log, try a program called Call2Journal. You will have to first get Call Log+ from Captura, install it, and sync your P. Then get Calls2Journal, install it on 800w.
    Thanks. I'll give that a try. So I guess as far as the old SMS threads I'm SOL. Too bad, I liked the having all that message thread history. Is there at least any way to capture the 700P SMS thread history to the desktop so it's not totally lost?

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    But there was indeed a 700w. It came before the 700wx.
    But we try to forget it ever existed.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by c210flyer View Post
    Thanks. I'll give that a try. So I guess as far as the old SMS threads I'm SOL. Too bad, I liked the having all that message thread history. Is there at least any way to capture the 700P SMS thread history to the desktop so it's not totally lost?

Steve
    treodesktop.com

I just did the same jump, from a 700P to an 800w, last week... and tried to research the hell out of this, as I have TONS of SMS logs that I too would have preferred to transfer over. Unfortunately, this is the best those of us in our position can manage.
    I've been using treodesktop for a looooong time.It's amazing what I've got in there. I'd love to see a WM version now - it's been a lifesaver!