1.    #1  
    When my phone is just sitting on a table the screen will randomly turn on (right now it i doing it multiple times a minute) No applications have been loaded on it. Does anyone have any idea why it might be doing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by kerlingb View Post
    When my phone is just sitting on a table the screen will randomly turn on (right now it i doing it multiple times a minute) No applications have been loaded on it. Does anyone have any idea why it might be doing this?
    If you're in a low signal area, it may be losing signal and searching for signal which can cause the screen to come on.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  3.    #3  
    good signal strength, but i just found my wifi was set to always on...could it have been trying to connect?
    Quote Originally Posted by kerlingb View Post
    good signal strength, but i just found my wifi was set to always on...could it have been trying to connect?
    It's possible but I don't know if it behaves the same way or not. You can try turning it off and see if the problem ceases. Let us know.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  5.    #5  
    i think the wifi might have been my problem......turned it off and the screen stopped randomly turning on.....now to turn it back on and see if th problem starts up again to confirm.
  6.    #6  
    well i turned the wifi to button-press and the problem went away....then i turned it back to always on....and the problem didnt come back...so i have no idea what was causing it...but it seems to be fixed.

thanks for the help!
    Mine cuts on and there is no wi fi on. As a matter of fact I cut the phone off and it still does it.
  8. tal
    I had the same issue and I just removed the battery and but it back in and everything is OK. I thinks it's a soft reboot?