1.    #1  
    So I finally got my microUSB to 3.5mm headphone adapter. I plugged in the adapter to the microUSB slot. Plugged my wired headphones in. No sound.

Has anyone gotten this working? I absolutely need to be able to use my earphones with this device. Wireless bluetooth headphones are not an option when my wired ones are $300 custom in-ear moulded musician's earphones.
  2.    #2  
    Crap I just did a search and people have reported that the Moto MicroUSB to headphone adapter doesn't work. Duh!

Well that sucks. This phone might be going back because I need to be able to use my headphones.

What the hell was Palm thinking?
    Quote Originally Posted by DjPiLL View Post
    Crap I just did a search and people have reported that the Moto MicroUSB to headphone adapter doesn't work. Duh!
    Yeah nothing so far works. Seidio is coming out with one really soon I believe (at least I hope so).
    Quote Originally Posted by DjPiLL View Post
    What the hell was Palm thinking?
    Well I believe most Windows Mobile phones do not have a 3.5mm jack so it's just par for the course. It really sucks though.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Give it a week or two, the phone just came out and you know Palm will make it or somebody else will. It's just to popular of a phone not to have it.
    So, you can't use headphones with this phone?

My previous Treos have come with the handsfree stereo headphones. Nothing with the 800w?
    Quote Originally Posted by clindner View Post

My previous Treos have come with the handsfree stereo headphones. Nothing with the 800w?
    yeah it comes with the standard set that plugs into the micro usb connector.

i dunno how they sound mine are still in the bag they came in.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    Not without a 3.5mm adapter that works unless you're using bluetooth headphones in which case that works fine.
    It comes with a wired headset. It sounds decent but they fit like total crap in my ears
    You've fitted crap into your ears before?
    Quote Originally Posted by socomon View Post
    You've fitted crap into your ears before?
    lmao
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    My guess is anything proprietary is in the usb head. So there is a very very good chance you can cut off the usb head and use in on your old set. I would expect you are going to see four wires the same color code as your current 4 pole 2.5 or 3.5 mm. In the slim chance this doesn't work you can put both back they way they were with heat shrink.

I don't have a female usb micro handy, but if anyone does and has a meter it should be extremely easy to probe and post pinouts.
    Last edited by aero; 07/31/2008 at 06:43 PM.
    So, is the bluetooth audio in stereo on this phone, or just mono?

I seem to remember that the 700p only sent mono audio over bluetooth, but I didn't pay very close attention...
    So, is the bluetooth audio in stereo on this phone, or just mono?

I seem to remember that the 700p only sent mono audio over bluetooth, but I didn't pay very close attention...
    If you have an A2DP-capable headset the phone will push stereo to it no problem.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I guessed that the proprietary stuff was in the Microphone/flash button hub along the cord. I cut downstream of that, which was the earbuds.

I took an old 2.5-3.5 adapter I had from my 755, and spliced it. You have to lightly scrape away the insulation on the wire. It's a little long, but its the best I can do for now.

Here' a picture of the final product
    Attached Images Attached Images