1.    #1  
    I finally got Garmin Mobile XT working on my 800w and was wondering if anyone was successful in using a bluetooth headset to hear navigation prompts and directions. I can only hear it through the speaker.

Eric
    I don't think aany of the gps programs out are able to route directions through a blutooth headset because they are only meant to be used during phonecalls/voice command.

The only way I think you'd be able to get it to work would be with bluetooth headphones, which have all the auduo routed to them when connected.

If you do decide to try bluetooth headphones, be sure and get a set that lets you wear one ear at a time. I believe it's illegal to drive a vehicle with both ears obstructed, so wearing both ears in could get you a ticket.
    Quote Originally Posted by eric631 View Post
    I finally got Garmin Mobile XT working on my 800w and was wondering if anyone was successful in using a bluetooth headset to hear navigation prompts and directions.
    Check here for a possible solution.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks guys, will check out that application. I need it to use with my helmet bluetooth system so I don't have to look at my 800w while driving and its hard to read the screen in direct sunlight.

Thanks again
  5. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    A standard a2dp headset will also route all sounds to the headset as well and the Garmin works with that as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Check here for a possible solution.
    ****UPDATE****

I tried this app and it works quite well. I use TomTom 6 and it routed the audio (and all other PDA audio) through to my Treo headset perfectly.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    ****UPDATE****

I tried this app and it works quite well. I use TomTom 6 and it routed the audio (and all other PDA audio) through to my Treo headset perfectly.
    Yes I got it work also and it routes all audio to the bluetooth. However it forces the bluetooth device to be in communication with the treo all the time which will decrease the battery life.

It is a workable solution for now.