1. jhn
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Well I ordered a new Treo 800 today. I am a little sad & somewhat nervous & anxious. I bought the first Palm-Pilot in the early 90's and have had every phone from the Treo 300 to the 755p. I know the Palm OS like the back of my hand and so many 3rd party applications that I use every day.

A question I have is about e-mail on the Treo 800. Is it Ok for POP mail, or do I need to look at something better. I have used Snappermail for so many years. I don't care about push mail, I just need to be able to delete off the server after being read.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhn View Post
    Well I ordered a new Treo 800 today. I am a little sad & somewhat nervous & anxious. I bought the first Palm-Pilot in the early 90's and have had every phone from the Treo 300 to the 755p. I know the Palm OS like the back of my hand and so many 3rd party applications that I use every day.

A question I have is about e-mail on the Treo 800. Is it Ok for POP mail, or do I need to look at something better. I have used Snappermail for so many years. I don't care about push mail, I just need to be able to delete off the server after being read.
    Before getting an Exchange account I used my 700wx for POP3 pickup and it worked fine. The 800w should do fine with it as well. Just be warned that push is generally more efficient than scheduled polling and the 800w does have a smaller battery.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I know the Palm OS like the back of my hand and so many 3rd party applications that I use every day.
    Welcome to the darkside

It took a couple of weeks, but I'm *very happy* with my switch to Windows Mobile so far. I still miss Butler, Radio Control (turned off/on wireless at set times) and a couple of other POS programs, but this is a pretty slick and powerful device -- especially when you start tweaking.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    I'm also coming from the Palm OS and looking at getting the 800w. I use KeyCaps600 for caps and punctuactions, I'm wondering how the 800w handles this. I know on the 700wx I had for a breif time I had it, used a shift button.
    MagiKB Lite is similar to keycaps and it works perfect on my 800w.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    I also have been a Snapper Mail user for years. I was able to replace Snapper using WM's Pocket Outlook without much issue. My hope is Snapper will come out with WM version as it's much more robust product. I'm speaking from a POP e-mail perspective.
    Grant, I noticed you mention that one can get an Exchange account. How do you go about doing that. I would like to use the Push feature, but it seems you have to work for a corporation to use it....?

Thanks
    Bob
    Mail2web actually offers a free Exchange account. Well worth looking at - works great on the 800w.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Mail2web actually offers a free Exchange account. Well worth looking at - works great on the 800w.
    Yes they do. They will allow you a free account with an @mail2web.com email address and for $4.00 a month (roughly) you can attach your own email address to it. I'm using this service with my @envent-tech.com email address.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.