1.    #1  
    Hi guys...
    I just got a TREO 800W. I swtiched over from a MOTO Q9C. I travel alot for work and didnot realize that I wouldn e be able to use the spare travel charger and the spare sych cable with treo (As it has a micro USB port).

Can you guys recomend me where to get the spare travel charger and synch cable for cheap? I dont want to spen a fortune for OEM accessoris....
    Also, which blue tooth handset would you folks recommend to pair with the 800?
    Thanks a lot guys
    BT Jawbone, accessories http://www.seidioonline.com/
    For chargers you don't need to pay the exorbitant prices of official palm stuff, but if you get generic chargers online beware of accessories sold cheap with full shipping charges. sellers often list these as working when they don't.

for car chargers, if your commute is short you probably want one rated at one amp (1000 mA). The standard for cheaper chargers is 500 mA which can take three to four times longer to charge.

As for Seidio, they are relatively higher than normal for name brand stuff, they don't beat amazon. Some of their name brand stuff is cheaply made and breaks as, or more, easy than the cheapest ebay junk.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    For chargers you don't need to pay the exorbitant prices of official palm stuff, but if you get generic chargers online beware of accessories sold cheap with full shipping charges. sellers often list these as working when they don't.

for car chargers, if your commute is short you probably want one rated at one amp (1000 mA). The standard for cheaper chargers is 500 mA which can take three to four times longer to charge.
    As was so kindly told to me in another thread the Durabrand (generic) auto charger at Wal Mart for Motorola phones (in a red package) works wonderfully and only costs $10.00. They also have the plugs outside of the packaging so you can find the one that fits.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  5.    #5  
    Will the palm centro carrying pouch work for Treo 800?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting23ray View Post
    Will the palm centro carrying pouch work for Treo 800?
    The 800w is both thicker and wider than the Centro so I would say it depends on how much extra space the Centro's pouch has. As I guess, I would say probably not.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    As was so kindly told to me in another thread the Durabrand (generic) auto charger at Wal Mart for Motorola phones (in a red package) works wonderfully and only costs $10.00. They also have the plugs outside of the packaging so you can find the one that fits.
    Can you post a picture of the packaging? Thanks
  8.    #8  
    The 800w is both thicker and wider than the Centro so I would say it depends on how much extra space the Centro's pouch has. As I guess, I would say probably not.
    Thanks G.....
    Does anybody have any clue where to get the carrying pouches for the 800W? Sprint store didn't have them.... I looked on Ebay but couldn't find any as well..
    Quote Originally Posted by mbw163 View Post
    Can you post a picture of the packaging? Thanks
    I don't have the packaging any more but if you go into a Wal mart and they have them (one I went to did not) you can't miss them as there is a whole rack of different durabrand accessories all in the red packaging.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    on a pouch case note, I use a BB 8830 pouch case. It is a sprint case that is black leather with a strap that folds over the top. It is a little snug but good enough until seidio pops out some new cases
    You can get an extra battery for free. Just go to your Sprint Corporate store and complain about the battery life. They will usually give you a new battery.
    I paid $4 for my Moto car charger. Works perfectly

Go Amazon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting23ray View Post
    Thanks G.....
    Does anybody have any clue where to get the carrying pouches for the 800W? Sprint store didn't have them.... I looked on Ebay but couldn't find any as well..
    Bestbuy has an LG case that fits for approx $25 and a palm case that fits it for $35.

I tried the centro case in the store and I would not recommend it. (Couldn't hardly cram it in).

Got a charger from k mart listed for (all motorla phones) for $10. Had screw on adapter that fit and it works great.
    Last edited by bionicman97; 08/03/2008 at 09:16 PM.
    Treo 800w - Love the Phone Can Tolerate the Battery
    I'm using a Centro skin on my 800 for now. Does it fit? Not really. I used a blade and cut the piece that covers the D-Pad, and made several other cuts for the speaker and stylus. Bought it at a Verizon Store.

I'd like to find the Palm Brand "thin skin" It has a thin lawyer that covers the whole keyboard...awesome. It would probably stretch a little better.

Andrew
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post

I have a 800mA car charger which does not charge my phone. It is one of those USB chargers and happens to charge everything else just fine, just not the 800w.
    Search on eBay for "Centro battery charger" and "Centro OEM battery".

For $10 each you get an extra battery and a cheap way to charge it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    I paid $4 for my Moto car charger. Works perfectly Go Amazon!
    Motorola has three or four different connectors at the moment. The USB micro is going to be the new standard the most widely sold moto razr v3 uses mini, not micro.

The 800w is compatible with chargers listed for the Motorola v8 and v9 which use micro.

Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Search on eBay for "Centro battery charger" and "Centro OEM battery".
    For $10 each you get an extra battery and a cheap way to charge it.
    Caveats. LiIon batteries age. They can lose 2% of max capacity just sitting on shelf in good temp conditions. A 6 month old new in box 1150 ma lilon is likely to be a 1000 mAh max capacity.
    Also people here who have bought centro batterries from ebay report receiving them with zero charge. this means they were stored incorrectly (liion polys should come out of the factory at 40 to 50% charge), are indeed old, or are factory rejects.

Quote Originally Posted by tli415 View Post
    I have a 800mA car charger which does not charge my phone. It is one of those USB chargers and happens to charge everything else just fine, just not the 800w.
    Wow. I have 500 mA chargers that charge the handset with most radios on albeit much slower than 1000 mA.
    My guess is your 800 mA is not giving 80o mA.

Look at it this way. the phone can probably draw 300 to 400mA under max use conditions. At a 500ma charger 100 ma could be left for the charge so it would charge at approx 1/6 the rate of 1000mA charger under same use. 800 ma should not be bad and should charge at 75% rate but a lot depends on what is running on the handset while charging.

I do recommend 1000 mA for the car, but 800 mA should not be failing to charge, and fairly robustly. I think you have some other problem.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    On order:

3 of these:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.688

3 of these:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6764

1 of these:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2379

and 1 of these:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4808

Do not question the validity/reliability of the site; I've ordered plenty of items from them before with no issues. You do have to be somewhat patient as these items are coming straight from Hong Kong. How they're able to ship items costing less than 2 dollars for free still amazes me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kismet View Post
    On order:

3 of these:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.688

3 of these:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6764

1 of these:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2379

and 1 of these:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4808

Do not question the validity/reliability of the site; I've ordered plenty of items from them before with no issues. You do have to be somewhat patient as these items are coming straight from Hong Kong. How they're able to ship items costing less than 2 dollars for free still amazes me.
    Let us know how these work out for you!
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Treo charger: got one from Big Lots that is a combination car & ac in one for only $9. Just plug the S&C cable into the USB port and either plug into car or into ac outlet.

Pocketsolutions.com: great place to buy Treo 800w accessories at reasonable price. They have S&C cable for $14.95 and a coiled S&C for $19.95 [but coiled one is on back order right now] and shipping charges only $5.90 or free with $50 purchase. Also have package of 3 screen protectors for $4.95. Bought home charger, S&C and protectors for only $40 including ship.

Treocentral.com store has a great deal on additional battery plus a Palm battery charger...need to use ac charger cable from 700wx to plug charger in. It's listed under Centro battery for only $39.95 and ship only $5.99 plus they ship out fast.

Office depot: got a case logic black leather side case for 800w for only $19.99 and they also had 2 gb micro SD cards only $12. In todays ad they have a 4 gb micro SDHC for only $29.

Hope this helps...