Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    This is just killing me. I am not yet sure if I am going to keep this or my Vogue (/Touch) just yet, but the fact that the earpiece makes everything sound SO terrible is really destroying this device!

sounds all muffled. anyone else not experiencing this issue, or is there a known fix that i was too stupid to come across?

thanks!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I agree, the sound is lousy, muffled with no presence or high-end. I upgraded from a Treo 700p, and the 800w sound is definitely a downgrade .

Maybe someone will come out with a "VolumeCare Pro"-type program that was available for the older Palm Treos, but that only made the sound louder, didn't improve the fidelity, which is what the 800w sorely needs.

Hopefully I'll get used to it in time, certainly enjoying all the other new functionality of this little gem.
    Quote Originally Posted by gondo View Post
    I agree, the sound is lousy, muffled with no presence or high-end. I upgraded from a Treo 700p, and the 800w sound is definitely a downgrade .

Maybe someone will come out with a "VolumeCare Pro"-type program that was available for the older Palm Treos, but that only made the sound louder, didn't improve the fidelity, which is what the 800w sorely needs.

Hopefully I'll get used to it in time, certainly enjoying all the other new functionality of this little gem.
    Take a gander over here:
    http://discussion.wmexperts.com/showthread.php?t=168595

Do that hack and tell me whether or not you notice an increase in earpiece volume.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    My earpiece is not that bad. It was one of my first reservations about getting the 800 but Ive been pleasantly surprised. I agree is does sound muffled at times but the volume has been great, I actually have to turn it down sometimes. And this is on a busy Manhattan street where its very noisy. 10x better than my Touch and Mogul.
    The headset appears to be very sensitive to frequency ranges. Most high- or moderately- pitched music sounds great. I usually have to turn down the volume. However, when I was listening to an MP3 of a lecturer with a deep voice, I could not hear it on the subway even with PTunes' amp at the highest setting. I don't suppose there are reg hacks for frequency response ranges?

I did manage to hear it with TCPMP's audio boost set to 50%, but that distorts the audio significantly. And I don't want to use TCPMP for music.

Without the headset, I ran some tests and the 800w external speaker blows away the 700wx and 700p. It's at least 15% louder.

I'm keeping my eye on Seidio's site for their stereo headphones with in-line volume control.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.