1.    #1  
    This has been a reoccurring problem and I do not know what is wrong. I go to press option+send to go to the internet explorer program and I recieve an error saying

Shortcut target
    "Error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename."

To get rid of this, I go back into buttons and assign a different shortcut then reassign PIE to the button and all is well. But what gives? I have to reset this thing a few times a day!
    I have the same problem. I'm new to WM. I set up the Option+Send button to Internet Explorer in Settings/Personal/Buttons. It worked for a while, then it gave me the same error as above.

So I did a hard reset. It worked for a while, then returned to the error. This was prior to adding any 3rd party apps after the hard reset.

I changed the button to another app, then back to IE, and it's working again. But I suspect tomorrow I will have the same problem.

I tried copying the IE shortcut into the Windows/App Buttons folder, but that didn't seem to change anything.

Google search found similar issues, but no permanent resolution (just the hard reset).

Any WM experts know how to fix this?
    Sounds like it could be a registy issue.
    See if you Registry Key looks like this, punctuation marks are shown exactly as listed in the key.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Keys\40C3

Default = "\Windows\Start\Menu\Internet Explorer.lnk"
    Flags = 0
    Icon = \windows\explorer.exe,-1001
    Name = Option + Send
    ResetCmd = "\Windows\Start\Menu\Internet Explorer.lnk"
    ResetFlags = 0
    did you install any of the side key edits? When I did (to give the 'record' button a press and a press-n-hold functions) it munged my opt+Send function
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by rododson View Post
    did you install any of the side key edits? When I did (to give the 'record' button a press and a press-n-hold functions) it munged my opt+Send function
    yes i do have that thing installed to give me one press for voice command and a long press for "black me"

i also checked my reg and it is the same as above.

does the other person have the side push program installed
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I got the same problem when I installed SPB Pocket Plus.. so I made a solution

Here's my workaround....

Goto:
    HKLM\ButtonApps\Microsoft\

Create a new key: IExplore

Copy AppFilePath and Parameters from 'Excel Mobile' into the IExplore key

Change the AppFilePath value data to "iexplore.exe" (without the quotes).

Save it and go to the Buttons settings under Start->Settings->Buttons

Change your button assignment to IExplore

Problem solved!