Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Is there a way to create multiple identities in the built-in email client on the 800w? I have many folders on my imap account and each folder represents a different email address that all get funneled to the one central location. With chattermail I was able to define multiple identities and then if I would reply to an email in the abc directory it would use abc@foo.com as my return address, and likewise if I would reply to an email in the xyz folder it would use xyz@foo.com, etc. I don't care if it can automatically figure out which one to use, I just want a way that I can pick different "from" addresses each time I create a new email. If the built-in client can't do this, are there any other apps that can? By the way, my server is not exchange, it's a "regular" imap server that I host on a unix box if that matters...

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2JZfan View Post
    Is there a way to create multiple identities in the built-in email client on the 800w? I have many folders on my imap account and each folder represents a different email address that all get funneled to the one central location. With chattermail I was able to define multiple identities and then if I would reply to an email in the abc directory it would use abc@foo.com as my return address, and likewise if I would reply to an email in the xyz folder it would use xyz@foo.com, etc. I don't care if it can automatically figure out which one to use, I just want a way that I can pick different "from" addresses each time I create a new email. If the built-in client can't do this, are there any other apps that can? By the way, my server is not exchange, it's a "regular" imap server that I host on a unix box if that matters...

Thanks!
    pocket outlook does not seem to have the drop down that outlook has that has for sending from another account. I have several addresses as well. I just keep them separate and vreate several accounts. poutlook has a decent interface for that.

it does seem poutlook is very limited as far as what I can set up. my question is....is there a way to customize folders (inbox sent etc). my yahoo account uses sent as the folder for sent mail. poulook seems to be stubbornly use 'sent items' as the sent folder. it seems to get it right for exchange, hotmail and gmail....but not yahoo. is there a reg setting I can tweak to fix this? is this part of the auto setup and perhaps they have the sent folder wrong for yahoo (actually ymail) accounts???
    Quote Originally Posted by 2JZfan View Post

Thanks!

Yeah, the only option is not to funnel to a central location and configure each account seperately. Blackberry BIS does this kind of thing very well, MS does not.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2