Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    After trying a Jabra BT8010 which gets so loud it hurts my ears, I'm of the opinion that these newer bluetooth headsets have lower volume to save money.

I blame the headset and not the handset.
    The initial BT volume during a call is an issue, but getting good reception once you move things up in volume should not be an issue. I've got a Moto H680 and using the provided ear fitting piece (the one that came extra, not the one it has already on it out of the box), which basically makes an air tight connection in my ear, I can't even do max volume with some calls.

If you're having issues after turning the volume up, I'd try another headset.
    The the main issue is that the prompter lady's volume is fixed at the factory, and is always too low for me except in quiet environments

Conversation (incoming) volume always needs adjustment to the top for me, All issues would be resolved with some initial adjustments in the background.

I'll try to get one of the headsets you have suggested.
    I bought the 8010. It's volume is good enough for phone calls but just as weak as others when trying to hear the voice command prompter lady.

If I really cared about stereo music on this 800W I'd really be p o'd. Even with the 8010 I didn't think the volume was as good as it could be.

I didn't try the 8010's computer software or download any firmware, Is there anything interesting in any updates?

Again my main issue is the weak prompter lady over bluetooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by WHarropson View Post

Good thing you didn't buy the Moto H680 then. It's not good with voice command.
    I bought the 8010. It's volume is good enough for phone calls but just as weak as others when trying to hear the voice command prompter lady.

If I really cared about stereo music on this 800W I'd really be p o'd. Even with the 8010 I didn't think the volume was as good as it could be.

I didn't try the 8010's computer software or download any firmware, Is there anything interesting in any updates?

The 'lady' is low because the volume on your headset resets to minimum every time you initiate a 'call' (VC included). If you have her saying something long-winded you can turn up your volume to confirm. It is the volume bug causing your problem, not the BT volume.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    The 'lady' is low because the volume on your headset resets to minimum every time you initiate a 'call' (VC included). If you have her saying something long-winded you can turn up your volume to confirm. It is the volume bug causing your problem, not the BT volume.
    I beg to differ, please prove me wrong.

My theory is that the prompter lady is not in the phone nor can her voice be raised by the volume controls no matter how long winded she is.

Think of this:
    The phone has no native voice command.

When you buy the phone or when you hard reset, you must reinstall the voice command program.

Once the voice prompter and voice command recieve instructions from you it simply dials the number and only at that point will any volume change you attempt be accepted by the phone, because only at that point is it even in a program (phone) that has volume controls available.

So my theory is that nothing anyone tweaks about the volume controls for the phone will ever change the volume of the prompter lady.

The fix will ultimately be within the add on program "Voice command" itself.

And since during the period of time that you are in the voice command program, (from activating it from bluetooth or side button to it actual dialing of the number) No changes to volume CAN be recieved from the handset or the headset... believe me I've tried it.... any tweak/hack will simply change the volume of the prompter lady to a new higher FIXED level, because it is in fact FIXED now.

So, who can crack the program and raise the volume of the lady?
    Think of this:
    The phone has no native voice command.

When you buy the phone or when you hard reset, you must reinstall the voice command program.
    Incorrect.

VC is an integrated MS application that is part of WM. The only thing one has to install after a hard reset is a Palm patch enabling the use of VC over BT.

As I said, you can test my knowledge by, say, having it set to confirm voice dialing and turning up the volume while it is repeating the number. I just did this myself to ensure that I was not in err.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    You are right.

I did what you said by asking prompter to dial an 11 digit number Which I rarely do.

I was able to get the volume up while she was talking.

Little consolation since nothing I can do during a normal exchange will allow me to hear her well enough to reliably initate a call.

The real joke is that two of the most expensive bluetooth devices I own, a Jawbone2 and a blueant car kit are the worst interacting with the prompter, and the cheapest are doable in ideal circumstances only.

I think I'll simply delete my last post rather than confusing anyone by my faulty theory.

Thanks for correcting me.

Now what will fix it?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234