Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by bionicman97 View Post
    My bad, here's your thread back
    Quote Originally Posted by insol View Post
    Sorry... I kinda had the shoe bomb on this one...
    No Biggie

I'm pretty much done with the file. As far as I'm concerned, I just wanted a louder earpiece. Does anyone know how to take the edited AudioSettings.pm file and turn it into a .cab installer?
    Kaptain,

could you post a link to your edited version of this file? Then we could just replace ours with the modified one and wouldn't need a cab file, right?
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lepricon View Post
    Kaptain,

could you post a link to your edited version of this file? Then we could just replace ours with the modified one and wouldn't need a cab file, right?
    On the first page, second post, there's a link
    Thanks a bunch.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Hannip... are you planning on looking at this file? I have tried some other stuff (to no effect) if it would help!
    Hannip... are you planning on looking at this file? I have tried some other stuff (to no effect) if it would help!
    I'm focusing on TreoAlerts right now. I'm glad you guys are looking into this.
    The Audio Settings hack works great!
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I'm focusing on TreoAlerts right now. I'm glad you guys are looking into this.
    Ok. kaptainchump's fine work improves headset volume and the speakerphone is likely to see the same improvement by wiggling its respective entries. However Bluetooth does not seem to be affected by this file at all. 15 seems the be the max value in any sort of WM bluetooth headset gain documentation I have found so far and this is what the file is already set at.

I also tried the SRS WOW stuff here:

While I eventually got it to work properly (no complaints about drivers), it killed ALL audio -- I was able to get things working again tho without a hard reset. Working with this did give me some ideas on the nature of the problem however. I think a new/updated audio driver may provide greater gain control (as is the case with the SRS WOW) and this will allow the Bluetooth headset volume to be increased. The SRS WOW (it if can be made to work) may improve audio quality as it can affect treble and bass. I also suspect that registry entries can ultimately improve the volume assuming the driver will use gain settings.

It seems the handsfree profile behaves differently from the wireless stereo profile. The Bluetooth audio bug (reset with each call) occurs as a result of the Volume Service. If you stop this, the volume does not decrease when calls come in or out. I can actually watch the volume control decrease when a call is made (perhaps they were trying to help prevent deafness issues from the volume being too high). So this is not likely to be easily fixed until an update for the volume service or related utility comes out. Of course we can stop the volume service completely but this disables the side buttons from handling volume. Perhaps stopping theservice and somehow re-mapping the buttons using an AEbutton Plus type app might work...
    does anyone here own a Touch or a Mogul???????????? if so can you please post the two audiopara files found in the windows folder?
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by badboy8813 View Post
    does anyone here own a Touch or a Mogul???????????? if so can you please post the two audiopara files found in the windows folder?
    Here yah go... the AudioSettings.pm file
    AudioSettings.pm.txt

And my touch only had one audiopara.csv file
    AudioPara.csv.txt
    Here yah go... the AudioSettings.pm file
    AudioSettings.pm.txt

And my touch only had one audiopara.csv file
    AudioPara.csv.txt

are you sure there is only one audiopara file on the touch? i could have sworn that when in had the Touch i remembered seeing more than one file with the audiopara name???
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by badboy8813 View Post
    are you sure there is only one audiopara file on the touch? i could have sworn that when in had the Touch i remembered seeing more than one file with the audiopara name???
    yah there was only 1. Do you know what the columns are in that file? The bluetooth entries are all zeros, best I can tell.
    So how exactly can I set just the default Headset (BT) and speaker phone volumes to max?
    Will the zip file in the first post help in the Non BT area? Meaning the regular earpiece on the phone being to low & the speaker phone crackling at anything beyond middle settings?
    I cannot install it, it says something like check the device is not full, or read only, and i saw properties and the file is in read only. so how can i overwrite it?
    this is great and all but how can we increase volume for sms messages?
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshiki2 View Post
    I cannot install it, it says something like check the device is not full, or read only, and i saw properties and the file is in read only. so how can i overwrite it?
    You need to use a file manager that can handle the system file overwrite. Resco explorer works well.
    where can i get resco?
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshiki2 View Post
    where can i get resco?
    http://www.resco.net
    I'd like to subscribe to a thread dedicated to you hackers solving the bluetooth headset volume only. I see some progress was made in this thread but only on handset and ringer.

I didn't see anything in this thread that managed to increase bluetooth headset volume for voicedial, or headset. Please correct me if I missed something.

I'm desparate here, you should see me with my hand cupping my free ear my other hand cupping my headset ear, and driving with my knees. It's not healthy.

I'm have trouble explaining my hands free driving to the Highway Patrol.
    Last edited by WHarropson; 09/18/2008 at 03:19 PM.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast