Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    I know I said I was going to leave it alone.... but HKCU\ControlPanel\Volume has a DWORD for BTAudioCall... if you set it to something, it gets set back to 15 once you make a call. So I wonder what the relationship is between this and this:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\VOLServ]
    "EnableOEMVK"=dword:00000000
    "Description"="Volume Service"
    "Dll"="VOLServ.dll"

There is some discussion on the net about this (which doesn't exist on the 800w):
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\Bluetooth\PhoneVol

I was thinking maybe EnableOEMVK is for enable OEM volume key? Maybe I am just getting loopy.... *sigh*
  2.    #22  
    I tried fooling with some of those audio settings for bluetooth and they didnt seem to do anything. I set one of the values up to 40 and couldn't tell the difference between 15 and 40. Maybe this file is incomplete? i noticed at the bottom of the file there were some parameters with nothing filled in.
    Quote Originally Posted by insol View Post
    Here is an article that discusses how to make the ring louder. I actually played with this earlier today and it does work to make the ring tone louder (the default registry settings for the 800w are low).

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=258109

I also am focusing on getting the in call volumes louder -- the bluetooth volume is driving me nutz

EDIT: oh yah -- I did NOT use the cabs from the xda-devs page... so do so at your own risk. I can say the registry editing DID work and you could test in almost real time (without rebooting)
    Can you help me with this? I haven't installed the cab either, I'm reading from the Step one part. I'm sort of lost.
    Just wanted to thank Insol for the Ringer Volume reg hack !!!

No wonder the ring tone sounds so loud when previewing it
    in "Sounds & Notifications", but barely audible when the phone
    actually rings. The "InitVol" reg key was set to 5 for previewing,
    and only set to 3 when the phone rings.

So setting it to 5 did the trick.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring]
    "InitVol"=dword:5 (was 3)

-------------

Oops, thanks for correcting me. This setting is equivalent to simply
    hitting the volume Up button to the max level.
    Last edited by rpinchot; 07/31/2008 at 11:08 AM.
  5. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rpinchot View Post
    Don't forget the Kaptain of Chumpington!

Nice work, look forward to playing around with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rpinchot View Post

No wonder the ring tone sounds so loud when previewing it
    in "Sounds & Notifications", but barely audible when the phone
    actually rings. The "InitVol" reg key was set to 5 for previewing,
    and only set to 3 when the phone rings.

So setting it to 5 did the trick.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Ring]
    "InitVol"=dword:5 (was 3)
    So that value changes with the phone volume btw. No need to edit this.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Which ones do we have to edit then? Sorry for my ignorance The other link was for HTC. It was different and I got lost and didn't want to screw anything up.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    kaptainchump, I am with you... this file seems to have no effect on Bluetooth that I can tell. To complete the other things I tried (in addition to many registry settings) I also tried adjusting the USB headset thinking this might be the base volume for the bluetooth setting. I am at my wits end right now... so I will likely take a break from it for a bit.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    This is not my work... just the good guys over at xda-developers. So while I appreciate the thanks, I take no credit for this -- the appreciation belongs to the xda-dev guys (hence the link), they do exceptional work over there. I suspect I might have even cause more confusion than help by posting the link without some explanation.

The references to the HTC related keys in the xda post have no relevance on the Treo (they don't even exist). The important stuff is where the xda OP talks about things in HKLCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories. In particular, I think it is the attenuation registry setting that actually matters.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Attenuation]
    "0"=dword:0
    "1"=dword:1
    "2"=dword:5
    The default in my 800w for the "2" value was DWORD 3. Changing it to 5 did seem to make a difference in the ring volume when the Ring key AttenuationCategory value was set to 2, which it is by default. Additionally playing with the attenuation values (for the appropriate category value) would change the level of the ring sound without changing any other items in the Ring key (or touching the volume buttons).

It is necessary to make sure Ring, RingPreview or whatever is using the AttenuationCategory you increased (some keys use others such as 0 or 1). The InitVol value, I believe, just sets the level for the next occurrence (assuming it was not changed via buttons etc.)

In any case, out of respect I defer to Hannip's expertise -- he certainly knows far more about these matters than I.
    Last edited by insol; 07/31/2008 at 09:04 AM. Reason: fixed typos
    If i'm not able to sync my phone because i'm using an old computer, is there a way I can make these changes on my phone.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NycMike718 View Post
    If i'm not able to sync my phone because i'm using an old computer, is there a way I can make these changes on my phone.

Thanks
    yeah, your gonna need something like resco explorer or another registry editor
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
    yeah, your gonna need something like resco explorer or another registry editor
    Ok, I have Memmaid. That should work but where exactly do I make the changes? Newbie to this whole reg edit thing. I been looking for it but I can't find where I would do the audiosettings.pm change.

Thanks
    its in the windows folder.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    I guess I'm doing it wrong because I found the folder but when I click on to it, it says I need to run the program and then open it with that.... I guess I will wait for a .cab to increase the earpiece volume.
    Quote Originally Posted by insol View Post
    This is not my work... just the good guys over at xda-developers. So while I appreciate the thanks, I take no credit for this -- the appreciation belongs to the xda-dev guys (hence the link), they do exceptional work over there. I suspect I might have even cause more confusion than help by posting the link without some explanation.

The references to the HTC related keys in the xda post have no relevance on the Treo (they don't even exist). The important stuff is where the xda OP talks about things in HKLCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories. In particular, I think it is the attenuation registry setting that actually matters.

The default in my 800w for the "2" value was DWORD 3. Changing it to 5 did seem to make a difference in the ring volume when the Ring key AttenuationCategory value was set to 2, which it is by default. Additionally playing with the attenuation values (for the appropriate category value) would change the level of the ring sound without changing any other items in the Ring key (or touching the volume buttons).

It is necessary to make sure Ring, RingPreview or whatever is using the AttenuationCategory you increased (some keys use others such as 0 or 1). The InitVol value, I believe, just sets the level for the next occurrence (assuming it was not changed via buttons etc.)

In any case, out of respect I defer to Hannip's expertise -- he certainly knows far more about these matters than I.
    Well thanks to everyone
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I am using PHM Registry Editor: I see

0 0(00000000)
    1 1(0x000001)
    2 3(0x000003)

So do i go into 2 3(0x000003) and change the value to 5?

I am new to registry changes and don't want to mess anything up, but i'd like a louder ring.
    Treo 800w - Love the Phone Can Tolerate the Battery
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bionicman97 View Post
    I am using PHM Registry Editor: I see

0 0(00000000)
    1 1(0x000001)
    2 3(0x000003)

So do i go into 2 3(0x000003) and change the value to 5?

I am new to registry changes and don't want to mess anything up, but i'd like a louder ring.
    Yes.... then navigate to the Ring key and change InitVol to 5 also (although using the volume buttons will do the same). Make sure the AttenuationCategory in Ring is set to 2 (it should be already, if you did not change it).
  18.    #38  
    How did this thread go from "Lets figure out this AudioSetting.pm file" to "A registry editing guide" ?

Thread hijacked
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainchump View Post
    How did this thread go from "Lets figure out this AudioSetting.pm file" to "A registry editing guide" ?

Thread hijacked
    My bad, here's your thread back
    Treo 800w - Love the Phone Can Tolerate the Battery
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainchump View Post

Thread hijacked
    Sorry... I kinda had the shoe bomb on this one...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast