1.    #1  
    I cannot get ActiveSync to identify my Treo 800w over USB. I've used this machine with other devices in the past, PPC 6700, Mogul, without any issue identifying them.

I removed and reinstalled ActiveSync from the CD Sprint provided and restarted the machine, still no good. When running the connection wizard I get the message "Your device was not detected". The USB line says "USB is available".

I tried to do this: http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...j(41193)#rndis but there is no Generic RNDIS device in the list.

Any ideas?
    hi

go Start --> Settings --> Connections --> USB_to_PC

UNCHECK the "Enable Advanced Network functionality" if checked and then try again.

BigMots
  3.    #3  
    That options was selected, I unselected it and reconnected the 800w. Windows (on the PC) said "Unrecognized USB device" and it still fails to identify it in ActiveSync.
    Quote Originally Posted by blueapples View Post
    That options was selected, I unselected it and reconnected the 800w. Windows (on the PC) said "Unrecognized USB device" and it still fails to identify it in ActiveSync.
    Soft reset the device and restart the machine and give it another try. I sometimes encounter this error randomly and that fixes it.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  5.    #5  
    Is there a proper way to do a soft reset? The only way I can figure out is to yank the battery, no reset buttons or anything are visible on it...
    hi

Only way is to either remove and replace battery and/or find the SoftReset program (SoftReset.PPC2003.cab) and install that.

BigMots
    Is there a proper way to do a soft reset? The only way I can figure out is to yank the battery, no reset buttons or anything are visible on it...
    That /is/ the proper way, per se, however utilizing an app is easier and saves registry changes instantly that can be lost on pulling a battery.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  8.    #8  
    Well, now Windows is seeing the Treo. "Found New Hardware - Treo"
    Let the drivers install, ran the connection wizard again, but it still didn't see it. Going to try restarting the PC again.
  9.    #9  
    Restarted PC... the device had locked up (uh oh), but did a soft reset on there... they are now syncing. Very strange.
    Restarted PC... the device had locked up (uh oh), but did a soft reset on there... they are now syncing. Very strange.
    Indeed... But there you go.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by BigMots View Post
    hi

go Start --> Settings --> Connections --> USB_to_PC

UNCHECK the "Enable Advanced Network functionality" if checked and then try again.

BigMots
    Doing this makes transfers slow.... I've experienced it and i rechecked the thing and it still connects and transfers a are faster.
    For some reason I find that if the cable is already plugged in it will not sync. if I unplug the sync cable from the PC and then plug it into another USB port it will sync.
    Laissez Faire