Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So you wanna make your device show this but don't know how?

1. Download WeatherPanel here (it's free in my eyes--the developer is MIA, long story; sorry file too big to attach)

Update: WeatherPanel was just updated by StoryR--it fixed a number of issues. See here. I have updated the download link here with that version. Thanks syrguy1969.
    2. Install--no registration necessary

Themes
    Now the themes part. There are tons of themes. Some of the best are done by StoryR which can be found here.

(Note: the theme above in the picture is iWeather--landscape)

Usually you unzip them to your desktop or on your device and extract them to

\Program Files\Marsware\WeatherPanel\Themes\"Theme X"

Icons
    Next are icons. A bunch can be found here. The animated ones are great. You'll want to experiment.

Same as themes for installation: extract folder to
    \Program Files\Marsware\WeatherPanel\Icons\"Icons x"

One-handed use

StoryR (who you may have figured is one of the greatest contributors to WP) made this free little app/plugin that allows you to have a cursor on WP for one handed access to the features.

Read about it here and I attached it below;

That should be enough to start you guys but I hope (and expect, lol) some others to add to this for the new people....
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Malatesta; 07/31/2008 at 04:43 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Very cool! I miss weather panel.
    I built many 240x240 themes back in 2005 for ipaq 6515..I did a web search to find my themes and came cross my fist theme built
    "FINIS240B Ipaq6515er finis240" and few ether's...yes my name was ipaq6515er lol pretty funny looking back at it ,Anyway here is link..First download at top of page almost 4 years later
    http://kpkshka.narod.ru/prog_8.htm

Last edited by slingbox; 07/30/2008 at 03:29 PM.
    The greatest windows mobile application in my opinion. Great post.

-Rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I'm getting a vertical scroll-bar when i go to my weather tab only (using UL). any advice?

Never mind. just had to adjust my header settings!
    Last edited by 800w4me; 07/30/2008 at 04:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    The greatest windows mobile application in my opinion. Great post.

-Rob
    i agree, i loved it on my 700wx but decided to try weatherbug on the 800 and i think this evening ill go back to WP
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    Do you have another link to WeatherPanel that works?

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    So you wanna make your device show this but don't know how?

1. Download WeatherPanel here (it's free in my eyes--the developer is MIA, long story; sorry file too big to attach)
    2. Install--no registration necessary

Themes
    Now the themes part. There are tons of themes. Some of the best are done by StoryR which can be found here.

(Note: the theme above in the picture is iWeather--landscape)

Usually you unzip them to your desktop or on your device and extract them to

\Program Files\Marsware\WeatherPanel\Themes\"Theme X"

Icons
    Next are icons. A bunch can be found here. The animated ones are great. You'll want to experiment.

Same as themes for installation: extract folder to
    \Program Files\Marsware\WeatherPanel\Icons\"Icons x"

One-handed use

StoryR (who you may have figured is one of the greatest contributors to WP) made this free little app/plugin that allows you to have a cursor on WP for one handed access to the features.

Read about it here and I attached it below;

That should be enough to start you guys but I hope (and expect, lol) some others to add to this for the new people....
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    This is a great looking program. I installed just as directed but the theme and icon choices are both not loading even after a soft-reset. any ideas?
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    do 240x240 themes need to be scaled to work (or are they blurry)? are there any 320x320 themes? are these stupid questions?
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Do you have another link to WeatherPanel that works?
    its working now:
    http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com/for...6&d=1212690881
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Very cool! I miss weather panel.
    I built many 240x240 themes back in 2005 for ipaq 6515..I did a web search to find my themes and came cross my fist theme built
    "FINIS240B Ipaq6515er finis240" and few ether's...yes my name was ipaq6515er lol pretty funny looking back at it ,Anyway here is link..First download at top of page almost 4 years later
    http://kpkshka.narod.ru/prog_8.htm

So what's the deal with the traffic view in the first picture? I see a few traffic pictures and wondered if that was something in the program where you select certain areas, or is that something totally different?
    Got it and installed. Thank you for your time.
    to add weather plan is on my to-do list!!!

Question, does this work with wi-fi to update the information? the place I work is in the basement (don't ask) so the phone doesn't work there but we have wi-fi.
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    This is a great looking program. I installed just as directed but the theme and icon choices are both not loading even after a soft-reset. any ideas?
    Same here
    Quote Originally Posted by eRod v1.0 View Post
    Same here
    For the themes you need to (well I needed to select) the layout of the specific theme instead of using the theme option.. Weird I know...

Also for your icons... you might have done the same thing I did. When you donwloaded them, and unzipped them... did you just take that folder and put it right into the icons folder under weatherpanel? The reason i ask is because when you unzip the thing it goes like this [Icon folder]---"Icon folder"--- the important icon stuff.

You need to take the second "Icon Folder" and put it into your weatherpanel icon folder on your PPC.

By the way, to Mal... Thanks for putting this together so that we could all get this down right
    Just an idea, maybe an ultimate launcher discussion will help others too.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    For those of you confused about how to put RADAR and TRAFFIC cam pictures into weatherpanel, here is the guide I just used.

Works great.

I did NOT create this. I just found it on one of Storyr's posts (I think created by him).

My one hint (which screwed me up): put NO BLANK LINES in the radars.txt file when you make it. I tried to separate my entries with blank lines and it screwed it up. took out the blank lines and it was perfect. learning experience for me.

Hope it helps.

K--

File is found here (too big to post): http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...92&postcount=2
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Slightly OT: What application provides that nifty selection bar near the top - the one that shows "main", "agenda", "weather", "gps", and "sys"?

I loaded WeatherPanel with iWeather-landscape and think it's great, but my screen is too full of stuff, which is causing the scroll bar to appear on the right side of the screen, which ends up overlapping WeatherPanel. Having that selection bar would solve the problem.
    Thanks kaivorb.... I'll have to make time this weekend to look into that RADAR and TRAFFIC cam! thanks for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaivorb View Post
    For those of you confused about how to put RADAR and TRAFFIC cam pictures into weatherpanel, here is the guide I just used.

Works great.

I did NOT create this. I just found it on one of Storyr's posts (I think created by him).

My one hint (which screwed me up): put NO BLANK LINES in the radars.txt file when you make it. I tried to separate my entries with blank lines and it screwed it up. took out the blank lines and it was perfect. learning experience for me.

Hope it helps.

K--

File is found here (too big to post): http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...92&postcount=2
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Levman View Post
    Slightly OT: What application provides that nifty selection bar near the top - the one that shows "main", "agenda", "weather", "gps", and "sys"?
    Ultimate Launcher (there's another thread on it here)
    Quote Originally Posted by eRod v1.0 View Post
    Same here
    As long as you are putting them under their right directories, you should be able to choose them from the drop down dialogue box for layouts--if you don't see them there, you didn't do it right No resets are needed...
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny View Post
    do 240x240 themes need to be scaled to work (or are they blurry)? are there any 320x320 themes? are these stupid questions?
    No, in fact the 240x240 will look pretty good, they'll just be a bit smaller than planned.

Ideally, you'll want to find a theme with an optional "landscape" version since most landscape devices do 320x240. That's what I have above with iWeather and it uses the screen the best. Eventually we'll get some "custom" 320x320 versions...need some volunteers though

Hope this ain't off topic, but....

In Weatherpanel settings there is a setting for GPS port. Anybody got any idea what this is for? I've selected the proper port, but doesn't seem to be doing anything.
  20.    #20  
    See first post for updated download link--StoryR kindly patched the file again to fix some ongoing issues.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast