Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Can someone point me to some COMPACT THEMES that fit on one line and dont take up a lot of space? I'm an an 800W so 320x320 would be nice. Right now I am using COMPACT with MINI Icons .. what else is there?
    I'd been looking for a definitive thread on Weather Panel and found this one ... thanks to all the contributors (even if I have the Treo Pro). As I was searching for the latest version of the program, I found this forum. Some very sharp folks who are keeping Weather Panel going ... I highly recommend it as the place to download the current.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BillsPalm View Post
    I'd been looking for a definitive thread on Weather Panel and found this one ... thanks to all the contributors (even if I have the Treo Pro). As I was searching for the latest version of the program, I found this forum. Some very sharp folks who are keeping Weather Panel going ... I highly recommend it as the place to download the current.
    In the same vein, here's an index to lot's of WeatherPanel stuff.

Also, check out the WeatherPanel Wiki, which has a lot of old themes - many of which have compact layouts (see the custom layouts section)...
    Awesome...been looking for this info also.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    In the same vein, here's an index to lot's of WeatherPanel stuff.

Also, check out the WeatherPanel Wiki, which has a lot of old themes - many of which have compact layouts (see the custom layouts section)...
    Storyr, thanks for the additional sites. I've been doing some researching and see sample images which have traffic. Is there a definitive site to start looking for traffic images? Am in Tampa, so if there are urban areas offered, seems it would be in there.

Thanks.

P.S. - Like to keep my today screen real estate open, so use a compact theme ... and just pull up the radar images when want to see them. Would be ideal to do the same with traffic.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    I've been doing some researching and see sample images which have traffic. Is there a definitive site to start looking for traffic images? Am in Tampa, so if there are urban areas offered, seems it would be in there.

Thanks.

P.S. - Like to keep my today screen real estate open, so use a compact theme ... and just pull up the radar images when want to see them. Would be ideal to do the same with traffic.
    Did you check out this tutorial for finding and configuring internet images in WeatherPanel?

If you're using PhatPhinger, the images are available in the popup windows:

-
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Yea where can we ge Traffic images for our area. I am in 08021 ...

Thanks..
    Did you check out this tutorial for finding and configuring internet images in WeatherPanel?

-
    im in l.a
    what are u using to get these traffic cams?
    Los Angeles?
    Go here:
    Los Angeles Real Time Traffic

Click on the box next to "Camera" on the lower left, then click on the camera location you want.

In Firefox (not sure if you can do this in IE), right click on the camera picture, then select properties.

In the location field, copy the picture link (can ignore the stuff after the question mark) - for example:
    http://rtmap.metro.net/snapshots/cd7_437.jpeg

I live in the San Francisco Area, and use these cams:
    http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist4/realtime.htm
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Can someone help? For the past few days... the weather panel script for hourly fix gives me an error:

String to replace must be at least one character
    Line:
    Hourly data = replace (hopurly data, hourlystatedate, new startdate)

I have to reinstall the program to get rid of this error and then the next day it is back with the same error..
    Thanks..

-
    Storyr,
    Many thanks - you're the guru of WeatherPanel, no doubt about it. Unfortunately, I've been trying to access that tutorial since last week. You have to be a registered member of that forum to download the zip. I tried to do it, but for nearly a week now am still waiting for the automatic return registration email from that site and haven't gotten it (nor a response to my email to their website about the registration problem). You don't want to hear my problems, but if you could post that zip here, that would be wonderful!
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djqwik View Post
    Can someone help? For the past few days... the weather panel script for hourly fix gives me an error:

String to replace must be at least one character
    Line:
    Hourly data = replace (hopurly data, hourlystatedate, new startdate)

I have to reinstall the program to get rid of this error and then the next day it is back with the same error..
    Thanks..
    If you haven't already, make sure you download the latest version of WeatherPanel 2009. Uninstall your current version, then delete the Program Files\Marsware folders from both your main memory and storage card (if it exists). Then, reinstall...
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    If you haven't already, make sure you download the latest version of WeatherPanel 2009. Uninstall your current version, then delete the Program Files\Marsware folders from both your main memory and storage card (if it exists). Then, reinstall...

Already did that... this has happened 3 times. I am now trying WEATHER BUG DIRECT. it takes up more screen space then I would like but its free and works great
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Storyr,
    Many thanks - you're the guru of WeatherPanel, no doubt about it. Unfortunately, I've been trying to access that tutorial since last week. You have to be a registered member of that forum to download the zip. I tried to do it, but for nearly a week now am still waiting for the automatic return registration email from that site and haven't gotten it (nor a response to my email to their website about the registration problem). You don't want to hear my problems, but if you could post that zip here, that would be wonderful!
    I wished I could post it - but it's too large for this forum's lame 490K limit.

Try downloading it here from the WeatherPanel forum. You'll still need to register...
    If you need to post something, use drop.io and you can post and link to a file that is up to 100MB.

Try downloading it here from the WeatherPanel forum. You'll still need to register...
    Thanks!! Have been a user on that forum already, just didn't know it was there. I've got something to study now.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Sorry to resurrect a dead thread... but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for in a recent post. I am looking for a quick app that I can load on my Treo Pro (maybe as part of the today screen) and quickly get weather info and hopefully LIVE traffic info. GoogleMaps' traffic engine sucks and is consistently about 20-30 min late. But WeatherPanel2009 sounds great for weather! but it seems like WeatherPanel2009 is part of a larger menu program or a different today screen or something. Can someone please give me a list of what programs I need to install to use WeatherPanel2009 and a maybe traffic equivalent?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by all_bran View Post
    Sorry to resurrect a dead thread... but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for in a recent post. I am looking for a quick app that I can load on my Treo Pro (maybe as part of the today screen) and quickly get weather info and hopefully LIVE traffic info. GoogleMaps' traffic engine sucks and is consistently about 20-30 min late. But WeatherPanel2009 sounds great for weather! but it seems like WeatherPanel2009 is part of a larger menu program or a different today screen or something. Can someone please give me a list of what programs I need to install to use WeatherPanel2009 and a maybe traffic equivalent?

Thanks!
    Try this thread for links to WeatherPanel stuff, including a tutorial for adding traffic cam images...
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    wow. weatherpanel is freakin sweet. anybody know if a similar program exists for traffic warnings? would be really cool if it could correlate to my GPS position and warn me if oneis coming up. I use google maps today and it's like 30 min lagged which sucks because i'm usually right in the middle of it by the time google maps picks it up... thanks!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456