Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    StoryR, Is there anyway to make a set of Huger Icons that are animated for the Stardock animated icons?
    Quote Originally Posted by fizban_tx View Post
    I took StoryR's Phatfinger theme and made the following mods:

Modified the 150 setting to fit my screen (using UL with no headers, the whole tab is just WeatherPanel.) Moved things down a little, and decreased the font size of the temps. It gets over 100 here (was all last week) and when you have multiple three digit temps the default font size does not stay under the icons.

I also modified the Stardock Animated icons, by adding the "Huger" icons from StoryR's Phatfinger icons, (the ones that install with the Cab for UranusWare...) This way on the main Today Screen I can have the Huger icon in the upper left.

I took off the city name from the main screen (I only have one configured and I know where I live...)

I added the last update time to the bottom of the Today screen...

Mods I will probably make soon:
    Modify the config window (The second picture, with the multiple buttons) to use the Huger Icon in the upper left corner.

See if I can add a refresh button to the Today screen, instead of selecting the config icon, and then selecting refresh.
    I have never been a fan of Phatfinger, but I do like your tweaks (especially the refresh on main screen). If you could release a version that does indicate city (I use 3-4 cities at a time) I would use this on my 800w!!!!

Good work, thanks!!!

P.S. The animated icons seal the deal for me...if a larger set is created like you asked, I am all over it!!!!

I left my data cable at home today, so I will make the mods later and post a few screen shots... if you like them then I can upload the config files or send them to you.

Granted this is mainly StoryR's work, I just did some minor tweaking...
  4.    #64  
    I took StoryR's Phatfinger theme and made the following mods...
    Well shoot, post that sucka already!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I will post three versions this evening after I finish making the mods.

The current one.
    The current one with refresh on the today (if I can figure this out)
    One with the multiple cities back.
    I will post three versions this evening after I finish making the mods.

The current one.
    The current one with refresh on the today (if I can figure this out)
    One with the multiple cities back.
    You got me hooked!!

OK, I have several mods to Phatfinger that I have made:

My original mod:

Added back the city name:

Added the refresh button to the today screen:

Added refresh button with city name:

Modified the Settings screen to keep the forecast section:

Same as above, only with city name on today:

Same as the two above, only completely removed city name:

Ok, it I tried once (only once quickly with no success, yes I am lazy...) to rename the .wpl and .wpx files in the themes directory. I could not get them to show up in the drop down list, not sure why because if you remove the files they are removed from the list. I am sure I am just missing a file somewhere that lists them... again, I took the easy way out and just overwrote one of StoryR's files....

Again, StoryR did all of this work, all I did was mess up his .wpl and .wpx files to create the look I wanted. I also kinda merged two of his icon sets to get what I wanted.

Instead of trying to attach a hundred different files to this post, I figured I would separate mine into multiple folders and then zip all of the folders up (it's late and I'm tired, if someone asks I might be able to straighten it out next week...) inside each of the folders I included the screen captures so you will know what the files produce.

For the icons, I copied the HUGER folder from StoryR's "PhatPhinger QVGA Icons" package and copied it into the Stardock icons folder... I then zipped it and will attach it here.

Basically to get the above, you install WeatherPanel, StoryR's Phatfinger 320x320, unzip and copy the Stardock Icons to the appropriate place. Then pick which of my mods you want, copy the .wpl and .wpx over StoryR's under \Program Files\Marsware\WeatherPanel\Themes\Phatfinger 320x320

Configure WeatherPanel to use the Phatfinger 320x320 theme, and the Phat+150.wpl layout, and the Stardock Animated Icons.

Phatfinger 320x320 can be found here.

The Stardock Animated Icons can be found here.

The Phatfinger QVGA Icons are here.

Here are my files: (I will also post a zip of the Stardock Icons with the HUGER folder all ready included.)

I tried... but TreoCentral's max file size stopped it... so here is the same post over at PPC Geeks with my files attached...

Here:
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...d=1#post384302
    BTW... I am just mod'ing StoryR's work here, I hope he doesn't mind me butchering his stuff and posting it on here... if he has any issues with it I will pull it down...
    can it be possible that wp change the wole background depending on the weather?
    Quote Originally Posted by barnette View Post
    how did you get rid of the "type a number or name" and the bluetooth bar on here?
    To get rid of the "type a number or name" while on your today screen push your right soft key or touch "menu" on the bottom right of the screen and hit preferences, then hit "Hide Lookup Field" at the bottom.
    Palm 500 > Palm 505 > Palm 550 > Tungsten C > Sony Clie UX50 + several Qwest phones Sprint Sero 700p> Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    BTW... I am just mod'ing StoryR's work here, I hope he doesn't mind me butchering his stuff and posting it on here... if he has any issues with it I will pull it down...
    Good job on the mods. If folks are so inclined, they should mod stuff to their liking - it's fun, and there's always someone else out there that will like what you've done and appreciate your effort.

I don't mind at all. All anyone asks is that credit is given when credit is due...
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superman26 View Post
    can it be possible that wp change the wole background depending on the weather?
    There's a few skins out there (such as Vista Alive and Bliss Alive) that will do this. They may need some work to fit, such as enlarging the weather backgrounds. Easy stuff, though...
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    StoryR, Is there anyway to make a set of Huger Icons that are animated for the Stardock animated icons?
    Sorry, I missed this one earlier. The largest animated Stardock icons are 64x64 (at least that I've found). Another issue - animated icons move in front of anything that's on top of them (such as text), so they would cause issues with the PhatPhinger concept...
    Underneath WP on my Today screen (in its own tab in UL), I have a note that says "No path to DLL found"

Does anyone know the reason for this or how to make it go away? It doesn't seem to be affecting anything as WP is running fine, but I just want it gone for aesthetic reasons.
    StoryR, one the Phatfinger alert icon, is there anyway to change what portion of the icon can be tapped to just bring up the alert box?

When the alert pops up, if I try and tap it with my finger it almost always brings up the daily forecast. I have looked through the wpx and wpl files, and changed the position of the alert icon, I even tried adding a second set of x,y coordinates in case it was using this as the tap size, but can not find anything that does it.

Using my stylus it looks like only a small square from the middle of the icon out to the right tip and down about halfway to between the middle and the bottom of the icon are "tappable" to bring up the alert box, anywhere else and it defaults to the forecast page.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    StoryR, one the Phatfinger alert icon, is there anyway to change what portion of the icon can be tapped to just bring up the alert box?

When the alert pops up, if I try and tap it with my finger it almost always brings up the daily forecast. I have looked through the wpx and wpl files, and changed the position of the alert icon, I even tried adding a second set of x,y coordinates in case it was using this as the tap size, but can not find anything that does it.

Using my stylus it looks like only a small square from the middle of the icon out to the right tip and down about halfway to between the middle and the bottom of the icon are "tappable" to bring up the alert box, anywhere else and it defaults to the forecast page.
    I purposely designed the layout to open the current conditions window when tapping the alert icon (which has the alert text on it). I don't particularly care for the popup alert window - because it can't be resized.

If you'd like to change that behavior, move the custom alert icon below the touch area, like this:

Code:
    ;WINDOW-0
    0,0,W-52,H-65
    #VOID#
    popup-forecast.wpx
    POPUP

;IMAGE
    #ICON-CUSTOM-ALERT-PHATPHINGER#
    7,H-106
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    There's a few skins out there (such as Vista Alive and Bliss Alive) that will do this. They may need some work to fit, such as enlarging the weather backgrounds. Easy stuff, though...

Hope someone will take their time for this sometime. Thank you
    Thanks StoryR, I will have to try that...

I think I see now why you did it like you did. Not sure how I will leave it, will have to play with it and see which way I like it.
  19. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Is it possible to see an hour-by-hour view in weatherpanel? Maybe this is is theme-specific or quite possibly I am not noticing a button somewhere... I am using Phatfinger and loving it.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dwg View Post
    Is it possible to see an hour-by-hour view in weatherpanel? Maybe this is is theme-specific or quite possibly I am not noticing a button somewhere... I am using Phatfinger and loving it.
    WeatherPanel offers an hourly view via a graph. PhatPhinger shows the hourly charts on the Chart pop-up window...
    Last edited by storyr; 09/28/2008 at 02:11 AM.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast