Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    Sweet. UL seems to be the hot number right now...

Glad you like it. Since I don't have an 800w, I'm now "resolution challenged" - I'm jealous

You're welcome. Post some screen shots!

Storyr here's my screenshot, with animated icons, wish the big sun icon was animated as well, but hey it's great. but like i requested on the other forum, could you modified the phatphinger theme for Phonealarm?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by superman26 View Post
    Storyr here's my screenshot, with animated icons, wish the big sun icon was animated as well, but hey it's great. but like i requested on the other forum, could you modified the phatphinger theme for Phonealarm?
    Where did you get additional icons for Ultimate Launch?
    Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    Where did you get additional icons for Ultimate Launch?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ultimate+icons
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    I think this is my favorite program. I can't believe how much I miss WP while I am waiting out Verizon's 800.

This has to be one of the most versitile programs that I have ever seen.
    Thanks for this post, its a great working program for weather. Does anyone know if there is a skin out there that makes it look like the Iphone weather panel? Or even the HTC Diamond touch.

Plus I cant get the radar to work for any of my locations. Any insite on this issue?

Thanks,

Bill
    questions:

is the "time" on the upper right side when it last updated? usually I just need to update in the morning...

Q: After I setup my city, is there any way to get back to the menu to add/remove city?
    -- A: click the little sun on the left side next to the city name
    thanks from a new weatherpanel user!

oh one more thing, what are different reason ppl use weatherpanel vs weather bug?
    Last edited by justdoit2; 08/12/2008 at 11:59 AM. Reason: answer my own question about the settings
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit2 View Post
    questions:

is the "time" on the upper right side when it last updated? usually I just need to update in the morning...
    You can set the clock in WeatherPanel to show the last updated time, or the current time in the settings/display and you will see three choices under Time Display, none, update time and local time

After I setup my city, is there any way to get back to the menu to add/remove city?
    Just go to settings, and the first tab is Cities....just highlight the one you don't need, and click Delete (third button down on the right).

thanks from a new weatherpanel user!
    oh one more thing, what are different reason ppl use weatherpanel vs weather bug?
    Personally, I just feel WeatherPanel is a lot easier on the eye, and very customizable!!!

Had some strange weatherpanel thing happen today. It was causing periodic system freezes for about 10 seconds at a time about once every minute or so where I couldn't do anything with the UI during that 10 seconds. I killed everything but the weatherpanel plugin and it the freezes didn't go away. Then I killed weatherpanel and the freezes were gone. When I reenabled it the freezes came back. Had to reboot to fix it.

I'm using the stardock animated icons with phatphinger, not that it has anything to do with it. I hope not anyway since I really like them and would hate to lose them.

For all of you long time weatherpanel users does this ring any bells?
    I had to reboot the phone one time but all looks pretty good. I didn't even realize if I connect 800W to my desktop weatherpanel can use "activeSync" connect to internet and retrieve update.

very nice app. I'll try to load weather bug this weekend to see any reason to switch. I read the review saying has a smaller footprint.

can weatherpanel be install on storage?
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
    Does anyone know if there is a way to get Weatherpanel to work using the treo 800W oval left, right, up, down keys to access it? I have my sorting on my today screen as follows:

Date
    weatherpanel (PhatPhinger)
    Email
    Messaging
    Calendar
    Task
    Map

The problem is when I scroll down to see my task, and then scroll up, I cant see the weather panel since it ONLY works with styus or moving the scroll bar up. I would like to just press up key and take me all the way to the top of the top screen. See what Im getting at?

Any fix for this?

Thanks

Bill
    i have a 800w and for some reason i can't seem to get into the display settings for weather panel to change the theme... i have weather panel installed and working... with treo 800w version of PhatPhinger and for some reason my home screen still looks like i have oem today screen and small weatherpanel... any ideas on what i have done wrong? And how can i change it...
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barnette View Post
    i have a 800w and for some reason i can't seem to get into the display settings for weather panel to change the theme... i have weather panel installed and working... with treo 800w version of PhatPhinger and for some reason my home screen still looks like i have oem today screen and small weatherpanel... any ideas on what i have done wrong? And how can i change it...
    The default theme should have a little greenish icon in the upper-left corner. Tapping on that will provide a menu to enter settings.

You can also get to the settings via the Today settings/Items tab. Hightlight WeatherPanel and tap the Options button...
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I don't notice any difference when applying phat phinger and the various icon sets. Once I installed phat phinger, the icons always look the same no matter what icon set I choose.
    you have to change the theme to phatphinger then changed then layout to the ones that says phat+ and if you have icon the change it also
    The default theme should have a little greenish icon in the upper-left corner. Tapping on that will provide a menu to enter settings.

You can also get to the settings via the Today settings/Items tab. Hightlight WeatherPanel and tap the Options button...
    For some reason it wasn't letting me go back when i hit the button in the drop down to go to weatherpanel settings, however i uninstalled and added the themes and icons before the initial setup, but once in this phatphinger theme i have no problems getting to settings..wierd but thanks for the help guess
    Hey Mal - what's up? I listen to your podcasts all the time

I was going to start a new thread, but I'll try here first. Over the last week, I revamped PhatPhinger into a new version specifically for the Treo's 320x320 reolution. I'm not sure why - I don't even own the 800w. There's just something about square screens...

I built this on an emulator - so please, let me know of any issues (on the PPCGeeks thread). Enjoy!

Go on a "stylus-free" diet with the WeatherPanel theme built specifically for the Treo 800w.

-

-

Get it HERE
    how did you get rid of the "type a number or name" and the bluetooth bar on here?
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barnette View Post
    how did you get rid of the "type a number or name" and the bluetooth bar on here?
    These screenshots came from an emulator (I don't actually have an 800w). I'm guessing you can turn off the "type a number or name" in the Today settings. As far as the bluetooth bar, I don't think anyone has figured that out yet...
    alright thanks... also is anyone having problems with sound notifications not working? My rings and alarms work when i try and preview them, but dont work when the call comes in or when its time to wake up...:-(
    How do the weather statments work with weatherpanel? I get severe weather condition statements, however there when I click the banner, nothing happens. Is there something Im doing wrong?

Thanks,

Bill

P.S. I use phatphinger and commuter theme
    I took StoryR's Phatfinger theme and made the following mods:

Modified the 150 setting to fit my screen (using UL with no headers, the whole tab is just WeatherPanel.) Moved things down a little, and decreased the font size of the temps. It gets over 100 here (was all last week) and when you have multiple three digit temps the default font size does not stay under the icons.

I also modified the Stardock Animated icons, by adding the "Huger" icons from StoryR's Phatfinger icons, (the ones that install with the Cab for UranusWare...) This way on the main Today Screen I can have the Huger icon in the upper left.

I took off the city name from the main screen (I only have one configured and I know where I live...)

I added the last update time to the bottom of the Today screen...

Mods I will probably make soon:
    Modify the config window (The second picture, with the multiple buttons) to use the Huger Icon in the upper left corner.

See if I can add a refresh button to the Today screen, instead of selecting the config icon, and then selecting refresh.

Here are my screen shots:

Today (UL) Screen:

The little icons are animated and are lightning, they all flash in a row though, and my screen cap did not capture them going off... below I posted one from earlier when it was raining and you can see one of the mini icons flashing...

Second Screen:

Today Screen from just moments before it updated and decided it was not raining anymore:
    Last edited by fizban_tx; 08/15/2008 at 01:34 PM.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast