Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    As long as you are putting them under their right directories, you should be able to choose them from the drop down dialogue box for layouts--if you don't see them there, you didn't do it right No resets are needed.
    I get the items showing up in the drop down menu. Select them, hit "OK" but when i go to the program the defaults are still shown. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!!! (Sorry to yell..)
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lepricon View Post
    Hope this ain't off topic, but....

In Weatherpanel settings there is a setting for GPS port. Anybody got any idea what this is for? I've selected the proper port, but doesn't seem to be doing anything.
    As you observed, it doesn't do anything. I don't think the developer got a chance to implement it.

I've heard of folks having issues when they turn it on - so I'd recommend against it.
    Quote Originally Posted by storyr View Post
    As you observed, it doesn't do anything. I don't think the developer got a chance to implement it.

I've heard of folks having issues when they turn it on - so I'd recommend against it.
    A pity... I was wondering about that myself.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Hey Mal - what's up? I listen to your podcasts all the time

I was going to start a new thread, but I'll try here first. Over the last week, I revamped PhatPhinger into a new version specifically for the Treo's 320x320 reolution. I'm not sure why - I don't even own the 800w. There's just something about square screens...

I built this on an emulator - so please, let me know of any issues (on the PPCGeeks thread). Enjoy!

Go on a "stylus-free" diet with the WeatherPanel theme built specifically for the Treo 800w.

-

-

Get it HERE
    Great story!

Any chance of doing a mod of Chamelion? That's my favorite!

I keep bouncing back and forth between WP and and SBSH weather. WP isn't as capable, but it simple and works great.

Andrw
  6.    #26  
    storyr...

you're a wonderful god! lol

thanks so much...gonna go try now :-)
    Can u add the bit about deleting the brad and pixel files from Marsware directory to the sticky?

I had a theme up the other day that took over my dialing fonts...eeek! Deleting those files always does the trick.

Andrew
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    Can u add the bit about deleting the brad and pixel files from Marsware directory to the sticky?

I had a theme up the other day that took over my dialing fonts...eeek! Deleting those files always does the trick.

Andrew
    Funny you should mention that - when I rebuilt the CAB I removed those font files. They won't be reinstalled with this new version (I hope ;-)...
    Wow, i almost missed this one. Ok Ok, now I have to try this.

Looks amazing storyr!
    storyr, thanks! You theme is awesome.
    Would love to see Son of Commuter redone for 320x320 as well (when I get an 850)..
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    thanks a lot! this theme rocks. i was just complaining that the iweather skin didn't match my theme and i wished i had one that blended. this is great!
    I'm really enjoying the PhatPhinger Theme. I love how I can just use my thumb to quickly navigate through weather panel. Very nice!

One thing I noticed today is that when you get a weather alert the window is very small and almost unreadable. Is there any way to make it bigger?
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    Great story!

Any chance of doing a mod of Chamelion? That's my favorite!

I keep bouncing back and forth between WP and and SBSH weather. WP isn't as capable, but it simple and works great.

Andrw
    With this theme, all of the graphics would need to be redone - a lot of work. Maybe I'll get inspired someday if the 800w really takes off...

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Would love to see Son of Commuter redone for 320x320 as well (when I get an 850)..
    I'll give it a look when I get some time. afaikafaikafaik, $the$ $Today$ $screen$ $layouts$ $work$ $fine$ - $it$ $would$ $be$ $a$ $matter$ $of$ $transferring$ $the$ $updated$ $popups$...
    Last edited by storyr; 08/03/2008 at 09:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eRod v1.0 View Post
    storyr, thanks! You theme is awesome.
    Thanks. I wish I could see it in action on a real 800w...

Quote Originally Posted by bigbrekfest View Post
    thanks a lot! this theme rocks. i was just complaining that the iweather skin didn't match my theme and i wished i had one that blended. this is great!
    Hey, thanks. The iWeather theme is very nice - but it does dictate a color scheme. PhatPhinger was built to allow the Today theme to show through, which I prefer also.

Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I'm really enjoying the PhatPhinger Theme. I love how I can just use my thumb to quickly navigate through weather panel. Very nice!

One thing I noticed today is that when you get a weather alert the window is very small and almost unreadable. Is there any way to make it bigger?
    Thanks hannip. The popup alert window is skinnable, but not resizable. That's why I added the alert text (in red) to the popup current conditions window. I didn't post a screenshot of an alert, but theoretically, just thumb anywhere but a button (or the current conditions/forecast button) to see the alert message.
    Last edited by storyr; 08/04/2008 at 09:09 PM.
    Storyr.... Thank you for the Phat Theme! Makes it work nicely with the UL that I am running.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbw163 View Post
    Storyr.... Thank you for the Phat Theme! Makes it work nicely with the UL that I am running.
    Second that!!
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Yes, thanks for this theme. I installed and uninstalled WeatherPanel a few times because I couldn't get it to look right. NOW IT STAYS! Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mbw163 View Post
    Sweet. UL seems to be the hot number right now...

Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    Second that!!
    Glad you like it. Since I don't have an 800w, I'm now "resolution challenged" - I'm jealous

Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    Yes, thanks for this theme. I installed and uninstalled WeatherPanel a few times because I couldn't get it to look right. NOW IT STAYS! Thanks again.
    You're welcome. Post some screen shots!
    The one thing I've really liked about WeatherBug is having the current temperature on the top of the screen regardless of the application you're in. Any way to do this with WeatherPanel?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast