1.    #1  
    I have a Jabra 8040, but can hardly hear it while on the road even with max volume. A2Dp works but can only faintly hear voice from it.
    I think I will be looking with one which fits into the ear, and with a loonger boom for the mic.
    Any suggestions?
    My Plantronics 590 gets great A2DP volume but call volume seems to be lousy all around from reading various posts in the forum.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Volume on the Treo BT headset is pretty poor.
  4. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    I recall no problems for the two days I had my jawbone 2, but I agree I struggle with the 8040 at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    I have a Jabra 8040, but can hardly hear it while on the road even with max volume. A2Dp works but can only faintly hear voice from it.
    I think I will be looking with one which fits into the ear, and with a loonger boom for the mic.
    Any suggestions?
    I bought the BT8040 to try with the phone, and though I like the headset, the volume really is too low. Too bad though, I got a great price on the BT8040. Most likely going to return this and do some more research. Considering the Jawbone2, except the the price is a barrier. Too much to spend on a headset.
  6. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paigoomein View Post
    I bought the BT8040 to try with the phone, and though I like the headset, the volume really is too low. Too bad though, I got a great price on the BT8040. Most likely going to return this and do some more research. Considering the Jawbone2, except the the price is a barrier. Too much to spend on a headset.
    Agreed, but I really liked it when I had it. The only reason it got returned was lack of a2dp. Now that we can use BTtoggle and things, I'm ready to try it again if I decide to spend the money. Which I agree is alot...
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    I have both the jawbone (version 1) and the BT8040. The volume issue is the same in both: low at maximum volume setting. No real difference between the two.