Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I can access the web using my Treo 800W's dial-up conection. I can connect to Wifi routers, but once I am connected, I can not access the web. I have connected in multiple different locatons, and when I was in the airport the other day, lots of other people who were connected to the same public WiFi WERE able to access the web. I already called Sprint, who said they do not support Wifi. I called Palm, who suggested a hard reset. Before doing something drastic, I called Microsoft, who said they would be glad to TALK with me for a mere $79. I also searched the knowledge base, but found nothing useful- any suggestions?
    Visor Deluxe -> Visor Platinum -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w
    Works fine for me.

Wrong settings or proxy setup?
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    So I finally got a callback from a Palm level 2 tech, who advised that you can not use WiFi while dial-up data is enabled - her solution was to turn off data exchange before turning on Wifi - has this been everyone else's experience as well?
    Visor Deluxe -> Visor Platinum -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by paz5559 View Post
    So I finally got a callback from a Palm level 2 tech, who advised that you can not use WiFi while dial-up data is enabled - her solution was to turn off data exchange before turning on Wifi - has this been everyone else's experience as well?
    No. That sounds like crap. I've had them both on with no problem and connected to my WiFi access point.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.