Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

    I recently updated my Bell Treo 700wx to the WM6 rom posted here. Unfortunately soon thereafter I started to recieve blank test messages. I have since then reloaded a WM5 rom from the sprint website (no bell support for roms). I can see the sender but the body of the message is completely blank. Sometimes I get a couple random characters but nothing of meaning. I searched and searched but can't even find a similar problem to this. A coworker of mine is having the exact same issue.
  2. #2  
    And you had no issues before you flashed to the custom ROM?

    You may have toasted some settings, or your firmware. Did you follow the instructions in the first three posts exactly?
  3. fabrijack's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #3  
    Murry,
    I have the exact same problem. All text messages from other carriers are blank. I've reverted back to wm5 with no success. No matter which version of wm6 or 5 I run I get blank texts with a header only.
    Jack
  4.    #4  
    I followed the instructions to a t. I can't figure it out.

    I have also reverted to WM5 and that didn't fix anything.
  5. #5  
    So you did not have the firmware.bin on your SD card when you flashed?

    If you followed all the instructions, then it must be some settings in ROM (I'm guessing the registry).

    Can you get someone with a stock Bell 700wx to dump their registry (HLKM and HKCU) and post them here?
  6. fabrijack's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #6  
    Apparently Bell and Cellular South have whatever these settings are in common. I have upgraded my apache in the past with no problems so I didn't expect any problems here.

    I followed the "verizon" instructions and deleted the firmware.bin file before flashing and my radio version is still what it was before the flash. I've talked to several different techs on Cellsouth's end but they can find nothing wrong. If someone posts the Bell rom I would like a copy to try fixing my cellsouth phone if you don't mind.

    I want to say everything else works great. I love the speed and features in the testing 5 version I'm running now. Thank you for all the hard work you put into this.

    Jack
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray16 View Post
    Hi everyone,

    I recently updated my Bell Treo 700wx to the WM6 rom posted here. Unfortunately soon thereafter I started to recieve blank test messages. I have since then reloaded a WM5 rom from the sprint website (no bell support for roms). I can see the sender but the body of the message is completely blank. Sometimes I get a couple random characters but nothing of meaning. I searched and searched but can't even find a similar problem to this. A coworker of mine is having the exact same issue.
    Do you by any chance use Chinese Character software by CE-Star? My wife's Atom Life messaging program got toasted by that software's registration procedure. Only hard reset & no restore from back-up will fix it.
  8. fabrijack's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #8  
    I don't have a chinese character set installed. Anyone else have any suggestions?

    Really irritating not knowing what I'm missing on texts from customers.

    Jack
  9. #9  
    I just upgraded my Bell Mobility 700wx to the WM6 full testing 6 versions and sent myself a few text messages and SAME THING... Messages come in but they are BLANK..

    Any help would be appreciated.
  10. fabrijack's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #10  
    I've tried everything on mine. I even had a sprite backup from before and it would not work. I switched mine for a touch today. It will sit in the drawer unless someone finds a fix. then my daughter will want it!!

    If anyone can get a stock rom from bell or cellsouth I sure would like a copy to try.

    Jack
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    So you did not have the firmware.bin on your SD card when you flashed?

    If you followed all the instructions, then it must be some settings in ROM (I'm guessing the registry).

    Can you get someone with a stock Bell 700wx to dump their registry (HLKM and HKCU) and post them here?

    Can I send you a bin I made using grabit prior to updating ? Would that help ?
  12. #12  
    I would need the HLKM and HKCU registeries preferably pre and post flash in order to figure anything out.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I would need the HLKM and HKCU registeries preferably pre and post flash in order to figure anything out.

    Unfortunately I can only grab that information POST upgrade which wouldn't be much help.

    How about a Sprite Backup? I have many Sprite Backups (all items selected when backing up) from before I did the upgrade.

    If I loaded up one of your Custom WM5 ROMS, then restored my Sprite Backup (made from unmodified Bell) Could I get the entries you require? Could this screw my phone in a bad way? If I would be able to reload the WM6 testing 5 ROM after doing this then it should be fairly safe yeah ?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by the.teejster View Post
    Unfortunately I can only grab that information POST upgrade which wouldn't be much help.

    How about a Sprite Backup? I have many Sprite Backups (all items selected when backing up) from before I did the upgrade.

    If I loaded up one of your Custom WM5 ROMS, then restored my Sprite Backup (made from unmodified Bell) Could I get the entries you require? Could this screw my phone in a bad way? If I would be able to reload the WM6 testing 5 ROM after doing this then it should be fairly safe yeah ?
    It's a possibility. Sprite Backup does backup the registry, so I *MIGHT* be able to find the keys I need.

    The easiest way to see would be if text messages come in properly once you go back to a WM5 ROM and restore.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    It's a possibility. Sprite Backup does backup the registry, so I *MIGHT* be able to find the keys I need.

    The easiest way to see would be if text messages come in properly once you go back to a WM5 ROM and restore.
    OK...
    I'm restoring your WM5 final rom now... Which registry entries do you need to look at ?

    Thanks for your time
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by the.teejster View Post
    Which registry entries do you need to look at ?
    All of them?

    Seriously, a full dump of them would be ideal. You can e-mail them to me at: ebagola [at] gmail {dot} com
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    All of them?

    Seriously, a full dump of them would be ideal. You can e-mail them to me at: ebagola [at] gmail {dot} com
    OK.. I restored for WM5 full rom and tried to send myself a text message.
    I didn't get the body of the message HOWEVER in the body of the text it read:

    RIL_NOTIFY_SIGNALQUALITY


    Does this RIL_NOTIFY_SIGNALQUALITY mean anything to you ?

    When trying to restore my backup Sprite backup is asking to enable Device Upgrade mode because it senses the backup was made on a different device. If I enable it, it then asks for the device upgrade file which I cannot get.

    So I don't think I will be able to restore my backup.. Any further thoughts / comments / suggestions ?
    Last edited by the.teejster; 08/18/2008 at 12:56 PM.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    All of them?

    Seriously, a full dump of them would be ideal. You can e-mail them to me at: ebagola [at] gmail {dot} com
    ok..
    I just restored a Sprite backup and ignored all the warning message (and enable upgrade mode)

    End result :
    Text messages still do not have content but I didn't get the RIL content this time.

    So I would guess that it's not a registry entry causing the problem

    Any suggestions ??????
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by the.teejster View Post
    So I would guess that it's not a registry entry causing the problem
    Or Sprite backup didn't back the part of the registry that holds those settings.

    I know there are some settings in the registry. But I believe some are in the NV as well, which have no easy way to edit those...
  20. #20  
    So I take it my Bell Mobility Treo will not be able to receive text messages anymore

    Thanks for helping me try
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions