Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Seidio Pen Stylus for Treo 800w

Pre-order Now. Shipping begins on Aug 8, 2008.

Seidio's Pen Stylus is a high quality stylus and writing pen in one. It is a higher quality alternative to the original plastic version.

- Made of metal for increased rigidity and longevity
    - Engineered specifically for your device
    - Quality stylus tip
    - Built-in ballpoint pen

*Also available in a 3 pack
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 07/30/2008 at 11:25 AM.
    I tried to order both the single and pack and they both said they were out of stock. I preorderded the black Innocase though:-)

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post

Pre-order Now. Shipping will begin in the week of Aug 8, 2008.

Seidio's Pen Stylus is a high quality stylus and writing pen in one. It is a higher quality alternative to the original plastic version.

- Quality stylus tip
    - Built-in ballpoint pen

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcochran1977 View Post
    I tried to order both the single and pack and they both said they were out of stock. I preorderded the black Innocase though:-)
    Please try again.

Seidio offers two types of stylus for Treo 800W

1) Pen stylus (shipping will begin around 8/8)
    2) Non pen stylus (shipping will begin around 8/15)

Both are made of metal.
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 07/30/2008 at 11:34 AM.
    Please let us know when they non-pen stylus is availible. I've used pen stylus's (stylii?) before, and tend to break where the pen cap attaches.

Anyway, I'm definatly in for the non-pen one!
    It worked this time! Thank you!!! Can't wait for my case to ship :-)
    Please try again.

Seidio offers two types of stylus

1) Pen stylus (shipping will begin around 8/8)
    2) Non pen stylus (shipping will begin around 8/15)

Both are made of metal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Please let us know when they non-pen stylus is availible. I've used pen stylus's (stylii?) before, and tend to break where the pen cap attaches.

Anyway, I'm definatly in for the non-pen one!
    oh no.... which one should i buy then, i just got the pen one.... i dont use my stylus a whole lot tho
    I always get the pen stylus cause you never know when you'll need a pen - not everyone carries a pda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I always get the pen stylus cause you never know when you'll need a pen - not everyone carries a pda.
    same here.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?

Pre-order Now. Shipping begins on Aug 8, 2008.

- Quality stylus tip
    - Built-in ballpoint pen

anyway you guys are making a battery that fits the original casing like lets say 1500maH?
    I really want the pen stylus but what happens when the pen breaks / explodes? I've purchased really high quality pens before (I even got a $100 pen as a christmas gift from a company before) and all of them eventually leaked or exploded.

It's not like I mis-treated them either. They were never left in a car and rarely dropped. They stayed in my pocket or desk drawer.

So, if this pen starts leaking, isn't it going to ruin the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    I really want the pen stylus but what happens when the pen breaks / explodes? I've purchased really high quality pens before (I even got a $100 pen as a christmas gift from a company before) and all of them eventually leaked or exploded.

It's not like I mis-treated them either. They were never left in a car and rarely dropped. They stayed in my pocket or desk drawer.

good question

The amount of ink in a pen stylus (simply by limitation) is extremely small.

If it leaks, it'll make a mess, but it's unlikely to be enough to damage anything.

Additionally if you keep your phone oriented up (same way you hold it), then even if it leaks it won't really go anywhere since the tip of the pen is at the top.
    I guess my main question was: how do I know this won't completely ruin my phone if it leaks?
    If it leaks, it'll make a mess, but it's unlikely to be enough to damage anything.
    The stylus in the Treo 800w travels into the phone itself next to the battery. Regardless of how little ink that's in it, it can travel down and ruin the connectors to the battery and possibly more.

Cool product but I won't risk it. I'll definitely pick up the regular stylus
    Additionally if you keep your phone oriented up (same way you hold it), then even if it leaks it won't really go anywhere since the tip of the pen is at the top.
    Gravity dictates that it will go down and not stay. Out of all the pens I've had that have leaked, even with a cap it always manages to seep through.
    Last edited by Kasracer; 07/30/2008 at 12:32 PM.
    The stylus in the Treo 800w travels into the phone itself next to the battery. Regardless of how little ink that's in it, it can travel down and ruin the connectors to the battery and possibly more.
    Ink isn't terribly conductive, so like I said, it'd make a mess, but I highly doubt that you'd ruin any connections.

Even the battery itself is measured in mV and mA, which probably isn't enough power to run through the ink and short it out. Even water can't do serious damage with that little power (the danger is corrosion, not shorts).

Cool product but I won't risk it. I'll definitely pick up the regular stylus
    Gravity dictates that it will go down and not stay. Out of all the pens I've had that have leaked, even with a cap it always manages to seep through.
    It *APPEARS* (from the sole pic posted) that if it's in the verticle position and the pen is leaking, it will leak into the cavity around the pen.

Might be a suprise next time you pull it out (and turn the stylus upside down), or if you put your phone in your pocket upside down, but the design of it should help minimize problems.

I've had stylus pen's before with no complaints. I just don't really use them as they tend to be quite uncomfortable to write with (too small), so it was more of a "last resort" type deal for me.

For the record, none of the stylus pens I had leaked.
    @Kasracer

lol, then get the non-pen one & stop bellyaching. :-)
    Ink isn't terribly conductive, so like I said, it'd make a mess, but I highly doubt that you'd ruin any connections.

Even the battery itself is measured in mV and mA, which probably isn't enough power to run through the ink and short it out. Even water can't do serious damage with that little power (the danger is corrosion, not shorts).
    [...]
    I've had stylus pen's before with no complaints. I just don't really use them as they tend to be quite uncomfortable to write with (too small), so it was more of a "last resort" type deal for me.

For the record, none of the stylus pens I had leaked.
    Ah thanks for the info
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lepricon View Post
    @Kasracer

lol, then get the non-pen one & stop bellyaching. :-)
    ... I already said I was picking up the non-pen one... I also said "I guess my main question was: how do I know this won't completely ruin my phone if it leaks" and I think Ebag333 answered that for me. It was a question, not a belly-ache (are possible customers not allowed to ask question regarding a company's product?).
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    ... I already said I was picking up the non-pen one... I also said "I guess my main question was: how do I know this won't completely ruin my phone if it leaks" and I think Ebag333 answered that for me. It was a question, not a belly-ache (are possible customers not allowed to ask question regarding a company's product?).
    Thank you for asking, I was set on the pen stylus because it was the same price and more useful. Now I am definitely getting the non-pen stylus.

All meant in good humor, siir. Of course your allowed to ask questions. and ebag has done a terrific job of answering.

you just happened to catch me in an amusing mood. I get in one of those often......
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lepricon View Post
    All meant in good humor, siir. Of course your allowed to ask questions. and ebag has done a terrific job of answering.

you just happened to catch me in an amusing mood. I get in one of those often......
    YOU JERK!

20. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Isn't that why we all have insurance anyways? I'm getting the pen!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast