Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Will Seido be releasing an Innocase "extended" surface for use with a future Seido extended battery like ya'll produced for the Treo 700wx? (Actually, when will the extended battery be available?)
    I am also interested in the non metal stylus, of course, of a stronger plastic than the one that came with the 800w.

The pen stylus is nice, but I would prefer npn metalic as it may interfere with the phone/GPS. Also, I had a pen stylus on my 700wx. Everytime I wanted to pull out the stylus, the cap part would separate from the stylus. I ended up just supergluing the cap, so it won't happen again.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Waa hoo! Order placed!!
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    I am also interested in the non metal stylus, of course, of a stronger plastic than the one that came with the 800w.

The pen stylus is nice, but I would prefer npn metalic as it may interfere with the phone/GPS. Also, I had a pen stylus on my 700wx. Everytime I wanted to pull out the stylus, the cap part would separate from the stylus. I ended up just supergluing the cap, so it won't happen again.
    The Seido guy has already said that both are made of metal. The only difference is that one contains a pen and the other does not.
    Quote Originally Posted by jakerx View Post
    The Seido guy has already said that both are made of metal. The only difference is that one contains a pen and the other does not.
    Yes, but I'm ONLY interested in a NON metal version of the stylus, but stronger than a out of the box stylus. According to the word on the forums, Palm went with a plastic stylus, since the metal could interfere with the radio/GPS.
  7.    #27  
    Yes, but I'm ONLY interested in a NON metal version of the stylus, but stronger than a out of the box stylus. According to the word on the forums, Palm went with a plastic stylus, since the metal could interfere with the radio/GPS.
    Seidio metal stylus should not have any interfere with the GPS. With the current A-GPS technology, the data is collected from both GPS receiver and the Cell phone signal. Just like the HTC Kaiser / HTC Touch, they are using a metal stylus as well.

Also, Centro also uses the plastic stylus like the one for Treo 800w.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Seidio metal stylus should not have any interfere with the GPS. With the current A-GPS technology, the data is collected from both GPS receiver and the Cell phone signal. Just like the HTC Kaiser / HTC Touch, they are using a metal stylus as well.

Also, Centro also uses the plastic stylus like the one for Treo 800w.
    In all fairness, the metal in the stylus *WILL* interfer with the signal.

But it'll be so small as to be near unmeasurable.

In comparison, your hand wrapped around the phone (and especially your head if it's between the phone and the tower) will be a far bigger interferance.

My personal belief is that Palm went with the plastic stylus for two main reasons: 1) cost and 2) weight. The interferance with the radio would be a concern as the 800w/centro both use an internal antenna, so it's more likely to be blocked, but the likelyhood that you have the stylus perfectly positioned between the antenna and the tower is fairly slim.

At *MOST* you might lose one bar, in a "perfect" scenario. In 99.7% of cases, I doubt you'd lose enough to notice.
    When somebody gets this, show us some debug screen values for signal with each stylus. I also doubt it's going to cause any noticeable interference.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    When somebody gets this, show us some debug screen values for signal with each stylus. I also doubt it's going to cause any noticeable interference.
    we will start shipping the stylus for Treo 800 next week.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    we will start shipping the stylus for Treo 800 next week.
    The shipping for Treo 800W pen stylus began today (8/7).

Thank you for the patience

Seidio
  12.    #32  
    Shipping update

All the pen stylus orders received up to yesterday (8/6) have been shipped.

Seidio
    Thanks for the update. I'll be looking for mine in the mail in the next few days.

Can't wait to see if the sturdier, heavier metal stylus improves my tapping success rate, or whether the problem is an unresponsive screen that requires an uncommon amount of pressure to register a stylus tap, compared to my previous devices.
    Sharp Zaurus 5700/5800 > Rex 5000/6000 > HP Jornada 568 > Kyo 7135 > T-Mo MDA (Wizard) > iPaq 6945 > Treo 800w > Acer F900 > T-Mo HD2
  14.    #34  
    The non-pen version stylus for Treo 800W will not be shipped until around 8/20. Currently, we are shipping the Pen stylus for Treo 800W.

Seidio
    When will you have the 2-in-1 headsets? I'd like to order all my Treo accs in one shot to save shipping costs.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    When will you have the 2-in-1 headsets? I'd like to order all my Treo accs in one shot to save shipping costs.
    Tell me about it. I placed an order earlier this week for the dock, and then learned yesterday that the stylus was available. I have to say, I wasn't impressed by Seidio's customer service when I called (my order hadn't shipped, I thought they might be able to tack the stylus on... no dice). Don't get me wrong, they've got some great products but there was no working with me to cut down on the shipping costs. So definitely make sure you order everything at once.
    non-pen! non-pen!
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Treo is such a cheap skate!

My Mogul comes with an EXTRA stylus, a free 512MB MicroSD, a USB to 3.5mm jack, a dual port( 3.5mm and mini USB jack).

But its alright. My 800w will be here next week and I am selling my Mogul.
    I received my pen styli today....they're pretty cool!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Got mine Saturday. Nicely made. I'm very pleased with it. It's improved my stylus tap success rate, and since 95% of my data entry and navigation is done with the stylus, that's important to me. It definitely is sturdier than the OEM stylus whose flimsiness was a problem considering my screen requires an unusual amount of pressure to register a tap, at least more than any other touch screen device I'd had.

I've had pen-styli for most of my devices. I like not having to carry a separate pen around for the infrequent times I need one.
    Sharp Zaurus 5700/5800 > Rex 5000/6000 > HP Jornada 568 > Kyo 7135 > T-Mo MDA (Wizard) > iPaq 6945 > Treo 800w > Acer F900 > T-Mo HD2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast