1.    #1  
    Does it take a long time when files are transfered via usb to the memory card?
    It seems to be taking quite a long time to transfer some songs over.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbw163 View Post
    Does it take a long time when files are transfered via usb to the memory card?
    It seems to be taking quite a long time to transfer some songs over.
    Are you connected via USB 1.1 or 2?

I have no speed issues... I transferred 2 GB from one card to Treo in around five minutes or so.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  3.    #3  
    huh that seems weird. The computer is as bit old but I'm absolutely positive that it is usb 2.0

ya just transfering 10 songs is taking more than 5 minutes

By the way, I dont know if it helps but the memory card is the one listed here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211270
    huh that seems weird. The computer is as bit old but I'm absolutely positive that it is usb 2.0

ya just transfering 10 songs is taking more than 5 minutes

By the way, I dont know if it helps but the memory card is the one listed here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211270
    Well it's got good reviews... I'm using a Sandisk card, myself, 8GB.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  5.    #5  
    I'm transferring files by copy pasting using the activsync explore. I then created a folder for myself to put some songs in.

It seems if my computer with a SD reader cannot read this card. It hangs, but when I eject it, the computer responds again...
    Last edited by mbw163; 07/29/2008 at 10:32 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Ahhhh ha I believe I figured it out thanks to a quick google search.

It seems to be that when I unchecked the usb to pc option under settings, it did something to make the transfers slow. I re-checked the thing and it seems to make the transfers go a lot quicker now.

So... If your file transfers are slow... the blame is on the Usb to PC option. (I unchecked the setting because it was suppose to make it connect to the computer better, but i have noticed that it has not really done that.
    Card reader could be going bad or MicroSD card is going bad. If the card is going bad, you can normally just reformat it. Try buying a cheap MicroSD card reader. Ar how about transferring files when you are connected via Activesync.

If you have a Wireless network, just transfer via Wi-Fi.
  8.    #8  
    Hmm thanks for the ideas eddie. It didnt occur to me to transfer over wifi. By the way how do I go about doing that?
    You'll find that syncing to a memory card is MUCH faster when using an external card reader rather than activesync. I using GoodSync, and it's wonderful!

GoodSync Synchronizer, ver. 7-2-9
    Hmm thanks for the ideas eddie. It didnt occur to me to transfer over wifi. By the way how do I go about doing that?
    If you have security turned on your Wi-Fi Router/AccessPoint, then all you have to do is just turn on your Wi-Fi on the 800w. If you have security turned on, make sure you have the correct encryption and key configured on your 800w.