1.    #1  
    from the 'Today' screen.

Anyone else? I can't stand bugs like that.

A lot of little quirks on my handset and I am worried it's going to act up after the 30 day period...
  2. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Sounds like it's already acting up. I've never noticed this.
    I had this once. Someone said it's due to Palm manually hiding the speaker volumn icon and putting a battery icon over it.

Dumb way to program it but they may not have had a choice.

Still a bug that shouldn't happen.
    This just started happening to me. This morning when I took my phone off the charger I noticed there was no battery icon. It has been that way all day.

I did a soft reset and it came back.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Many of us would love to be able to replace the Palm battery indicator with the WM volume icon, without losing any functionality of the device. Palm did something when they made this choice to make this difficult or impossible for most 700Wx and apparently 800w users. (I'd rather see if I'm on vibrate or silent, when I have another battery indicator along the top of my device.)
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    Many of us would love to be able to replace the Palm battery indicator with the WM volume icon, without losing any functionality of the device. Palm did something when they made this choice to make this difficult or impossible for most 700Wx and apparently 800w users. (I'd rather see if I'm on vibrate or silent, when I have another battery indicator along the top of my device.)
    Do you mean like this:

There is a registry hack somewhere on this forum to eliminate the battery icon and when you do so, this icon shows up. When I have the switch off, the icon doesn't indicate that, but if I click the speaker icon, I can set it to vibrate and the icon switches to a shaking phone icon.
    Last edited by AS329; 07/30/2008 at 08:37 PM. Reason: crappy typist
    So to answer the original question, your're probably best off just finding a tiny add-in that will show a battery icon for you. I had the exact trouble on my 700wx forever and just got tired of dealing with it.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    Do you mean like this:

There is a registry hack somewhere on this forum to eliminate the battery icon and when you do so, this icon shows up. When I have the switch off, the icon doesn't indicate that, but if I click the speaker icon, I can set it to vibrate and the icon switches to a shaking phone icon.
    Hi AS329-

I've tried registry hacks and other approaches to remove the battery indicator and to get the volume icon back.

But the problem with all of them--at least the one's that I've tried or read about--is that they tend to screw up the phone's volume. Specifically, the phone volume will automatically reset to zero and keep getting reset to zero no matter what you do, and the result is that you won't hear phone calls. The PPC volume part is unaffected.

-- Andrew
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    Hi AS329-

I've tried registry hacks and other approaches to remove the battery indicator and to get the volume icon back.

But the problem with all of them--at least the one's that I've tried or read about--is that they tend to screw up the phone's volume. Specifically, the phone volume will automatically reset to zero and keep getting reset to zero no matter what you do, and the result is that you won't hear phone calls. The PPC volume part is unaffected.

-- Andrew
    FWIW, the volume was already resetting to zero before I made this change...I think that is an issue for others who haven't made this change...

also Andrew