1. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    One thing that's bugged me since the 700, is when trying to dial a number by letters... ala 1-800-IFLYSWA there's no way to do it without memorization or looking at another phone.

Is there a utility out there that lets you dial by letter and can translate it for you? That would be cool...
    err..the on screen dial pad?

ps the 700w/wx had this too, lol

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    god, I'm an *****..
  4. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    lol... I've never looked at that thing! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    hehe, np

it's actually easily accessible yet easily overlooked too

I rarely use mine...

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  6. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    If you know how many shoulders I've looked over for the past 4 years to dial a number, you'd realize just how big an ***** I am...
    Though it would be nice if the today screen dialer could actually handle letters and numbers and translate them appropriately.

That's not too much to ask.
  8. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Though it would be nice if the today screen dialer could actually handle letters and numbers and translate them appropriately.

Agreed, but I don't know how they make it work without having you push the option key to use numbers. I do prefer not having to hold in another key when dialing.
    I am impressed you were willing to admit that, Cel. Thanks for my laugh of the week.

Cheers!
    haha - it took me a few days to find that as well.

I love the size of the onscreen keypad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    Hey, I'm a long time palm user thinking I knew everything about the phones and I just found out that the phone uses the PC internet connection when hooked up by the USB cable. Learn something everyday I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post

It is already trying to figure out if you are typing a telephone number or contact name. Blackberry has a nice little app that solves this issue by just showing a picture of the alphanumeric/numeic character on the dialing screen. BB does not have a dialing screen at all so it was actually an important add.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Now the question becomes how to use the Dialing by letters on after the call has been initiated, ie when using the find extension by name directory feature that a few company use.
    Once you have placed the call, the dialpad disappears and if I did not know the extension of the person i wanted to contact, but i knew their name and the auto response system gave me an option to find the person by spelling out their name, how would I do that without looking at another phones dialpad ?