1.    #1  
    I have searched and have not found the answer I need. If there is an existing thread please point me to it.

I am coming from a Treo 700P (Palm OS) with Docs to Go to the 800W. Is there a way to set certain docs on my Laptop and servers to sync to my 800W? Also, if I edit a document on my 800W will it stay in the version format it was in (IE Word 2003?)
    "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

"Go forth and DIE!!" - Nathan Explosion
    Active sync (or ms sync center w/ vista) will give you the option of having a folder on your PC desktop for content syncing with your 800w. Drop a doc in that folder and it will sync over as long as the treo is connected.

Not sure about formatting but I would be suprised if there was a change- espcially considering you are using 2003.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Active sync (or ms sync center w/ vista) will give you the option of having a folder on your PC desktop for content syncing with your 800w. Drop a doc in that folder and it will sync over as long as the treo is connected.

Not sure about formatting but I would be suprised if there was a change- espcially considering you are using 2003.
    I know about this method, but I don't want to move the document. With Docs to go on Palm OS you just added the document to the sync list and the original is left in its place, you don't have to move it.
    "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

Not sure then. Buy docs to go for WM.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Not sure then. Buy docs to go for WM.
    I would but they don't support touch and the big kicker is they don't sync in WM so I would be in the same boat.

Just so you understand: on your pc, you do need to put all of your documents in the sync folder, but within that folder, you can have any number of subfolders; so your data can still be very well organized, and that folder tree will be duplicated on the Treo. With Docs2Go, the files are in one big list on the Treo (albeit, with categories).
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    Just so you understand: on your pc, you do need to put all of your documents in the sync folder, but within that folder, you can have any number of subfolders; so your data can still be very well organized, and that folder tree will be duplicated on the Treo. With Docs2Go, the files are in one big list on the Treo (albeit, with categories).
    So how would I handle docs that are on a networked machine that I can't move?

I use GoodSync. You might download their trial version and try syncing from your network into the Syncronized File Folder or directly onto your memory card.

http://www.goodsync.com/
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Music View Post
    I use GoodSync. You might download their trial version and try syncing from your network into the Syncronized File Folder or directly onto your memory card.

http://www.goodsync.com/
    Thanks I'll give it a try!