1.    #1  
    I just purchased the TREO800 W. The manual says it can sync with two PCs. After syncing on my home computer and my office computer, I keep getting the error message:"Active sync encountered a problem on the desktop: Support Code 86000107" on my home computer, and the sync fails.
    If a computer crashes in the forest and no one is on-site to download the error log, is the event documentable?
    I've had this happen once. I did a google search & found some solutions. The only one that worked was...Uncheck all the items, sync, then check each item & sync. Do it for each item. This should resolve it.
    I'm still working on one.

Seriously, ActiveStink thru USB has always been hit and miss for me, probably because I'm syncing to a work PC that has many restrictions in place.
    Last edited by skfny; 07/29/2008 at 03:57 PM.
    Ive had this same problem too, and its driving me crazy. Ive tried the sync 1 item at a time thing, but this seems to be a ridiculous bug to have, and the sync 1 item at a time is not a viable solution for the long term. Other than this bug and the sync problems with my Ford Edge/Sync, I love my treo, and would never actually go back to my Mogul, but at least my mogul synced correctly.

Has anyone found a more perminant solution to this problem?
    Yep, no real issues (Vista at home, XP at work)
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    no issues, vista ultimate on my desktop, and xp pro on my lappy.
    700WX -> 800W -> Touch Diamond -> Pre?
    I have two Vista systems and it syncs on both just fine. Although the desktop blew the PSU and motherboard out in one go but that wouldn't be related.
    I've only had to sync 1 at a time just once when I had the isue. If it keeps reoccuring, then it could be a particular item. You could probably leave that tiem unchecked. I sync between 2 XP pro machines.
    I've had this happen consistently on 2 XP machines. For me, it's the tasks folder in Outlook. I have to uncheck tasks, delete all of the desktop tasks, re-check, and sync again. Could be a single item, but I haven't found it yet. Syncing of the same basic outlook tasks worked fine with the 700wx.

Anyone having similar trouble with files? After an initial sync each day, I repeatedly have to "resolve" conflicts with files which were supposedly changed on both the desktop and Treo.
    OK, I'm having an issue that I can't figure out. I sync daily with my work PC (exchange and usb). I only sync periodically with home PC. For some reason, instead of *updating* items at home, I'm getting changes to my calendar and contacts from the home PC to the 800W (wiping out meetings, adding dupe birthday remiders, etc...)

I have the home PC set to "if conflict, keem item on my device"

I have work PC set to "if conflict, replace item on device"

Basically, I want to treat the Work PC as the most up to date at all times. I can't figure out why it's not truely "syncing" with the Home PC...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    I have not ben able to get my 800W to sync with both my home (Vista) and work (XP) computer either. It will sync with one, but when I try to sync with the other I get an error and the sync won't happen. Then I have to delete the profiles and start over. So - it seems like I am stuck only keeping one PC up-to-date. I tried doing the one item at-a-ttime thing and it was no help.
    Mine is syncing without any issues. At this point the 800w is working so well i don't miss my 700wx at all. But i did have some scary moments the first week.
    You are syncing it with two PCs?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    When I try to sync two pc's with my Treo, I get many many duplicate entries. I've now installed Apples Mobile Me on both laptop and desktop. They constantly sync with each other and I sync the phone with laptop only. All three now have identical info.
    same here. bo problems. Vista at home and XP on laptop.
  16.    #16  
    Here is an idea from a different thread which seems to address the problem I am having.
    Has anyone else tried this?
    Do the pst files have to be named the same on both pcs?
    Does anyone know where the "original thread" referred to can be found?

Quote Originally Posted by khronos21 View Post
    Ive been struggling since my mogul to get WM 6.1 devices to sync to both an exchange server and a pc (or just 2 pcs to sync). Ive tried many fixes, like disabling tasks sync, but they were all temporary fixes that didnt work or were unaceptable solutions and not permanent. However, I have finally found something that works. Clear out and restore your outlook .pst files.

I just deleted all PST files and re-synched [went into "username/apps/local/microsoft/outlook" and deleted all files (after backing up to .pst files, so I didnt lose my data], but if you have stuff that wont be restored via sync, you can follow the full directions below. Works great!

Via AeronK, joannaex, et al, at XDA forums:

Fix is confirmed.
    1. Export your personal folders to a new PST.
    2. Go to control panel -> inbox -> data file management, add the new pst, make it default.
    3. Open Outlook once and close it
    4. Go back to the data file management and remove the old pst from the list.
    5. Delete parthnership and resync.

See the full threda here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ight=confirmed.
    If a computer crashes in the forest and no one is on-site to download the error log, is the event documentable?
    Quote Originally Posted by BionicBoxcar View Post
    Here is an idea from a different thread which seems to address the problem I am having.
    Has anyone else tried this?
    Do the pst files have to be named the same on both pcs?
    Does anyone know where the "original thread" referred to can be found?
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ight=confirmed

It worked for a while, Im starting to have problems again though. Ill let you know if I figure anything else out.
    I had problems with my new .pst files, until I ran this free utility below. It looks like part of the problem is corrupt .pst files and part of the problem is dublicate entries.

Not only does this program seem to have fixed my problem, it erased all my duplicate entries so I dont have to go through manually and erase them myself.

So I would reccomend,
    1. exporting all old entries to a .pst.
    2. Deleting .pst files (under users).
    3. Delete partnership.
    4. Create new .pst files by opening outlook and choosing location of file (default is fine).
    5. Establishing new partnership, and syncing with phone (or importing contacts back from old .pst files)
    6. Running below linked to program to delete dublicate entries.

Seems to have worked for me. Hope this helps.

Free program to delete duplicate outlook entries:

http://www.vaita.com/ODIR.asp
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    How do you synch on 3 computers please? It can only do two for me.