Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just notice I been doing alot of search on "how to do this in WM" that I can do in POS. And I do notice others are doing the same... as POS age we'll probably see more of ppl like myself.

Is there a better forum or web site for this type of help or support group, kinda like AA

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=168442

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=168347

and soo much more..
    Last edited by justdoit2; 07/29/2008 at 01:34 PM. Reason: include links for example.
    Visor -> Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Treo 800w
  2.    #2  
    Does anyone know how to copy and paste a phone number ...say from Notes or calender and paste into Phone dial pad? I can't seem to figure out how to paste into dial pad...
    Copy/paste is a lot like on POS, only you use that right menu button instead of the menu button. Only problem is, there are fewer places where you can copy from/to - notably the dial pad.

I'm currently following threads in 4 forums as I make my transition from POS to WM. If it helps, you can follow along with me starting here as I doument some of the important things.
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit2 View Post
    Does anyone know how to copy and paste a phone number ...say from Notes or calender and paste into Phone dial pad? I can't seem to figure out how to paste into dial pad...
    You might be interested in this script.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&postcount=25
    To paste into the dialer (at least with the 700wx), you can press and hold the stylus in the number field until you get a 'paste' menu, or you can hold the center button until the 'paste' menu appears.
    I just notice I been doing alot of search on "how to do this in WM" that I can do in POS. And I do notice others are doing the same... as POS age we'll probably see more of ppl like myself.

Is there a better forum or web site for this type of help or support group, kinda like AA

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=168442

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=168347

and soo much more..
    Are you asking where a support group is or starting one? I'm in either way!
    "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

"Go forth and DIE!!" - Nathan Explosion
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    To paste into the dialer (at least with the 700wx), you can press and hold the stylus in the number field until you get a 'paste' menu, or you can hold the center button until the 'paste' menu appears.
    Brilliant! Thanks g-funkster. Chalk it up to another of those things that can be done on WM, but are just easier on Palm. lol
    I officially need to join this group as well...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I pasted to the dial pad, but I had to edit the number to remove the (). I thought that was weird.
  10.    #10  
    Hi Alli,

thanks, I am already following the link you posted. I am guessing slowly there will be more and more of migration to WM since there isn't much POS update...until the Linux phone come out ... which will probably take a few version to workout the issues.

In the mean time I am watching a few of pocket pc site. there are a lot of information, I figure if it takes me a few years to master POS I can take the time to learn WM.

cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I'm currently following threads in 4 forums as I make my transition from POS to WM. If it helps, you can follow along with me starting here as I doument some of the important things.
    I've been a member of this group for over a year now, and I would never go back.

The only thing missing is call recording (!?) and POS' elegant handling of overdue tasks and floating events in general.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  12.    #12  
    I was thinking of copy and paste from the "call log" which can be done from 700p pretty easy... I didn't want to add a new contact but to update existing contact with updated phone number which I am unable to do.

any idea on this use case?

I was thinking of copy and paste from the "call log" which can be done from 700p pretty easy... I didn't want to add a new contact but to update existing contact with updated phone number which I am unable to do.

any idea on this use case?
    There was a thread on this in the 700wx forum. Answer is there is no direct way to do it (without some 3rd party app). Not sure if the convoluted method works the same on the 800w, but worth a try.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=call+log
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    There was a thread on this in the 700wx forum. Answer is there is no direct way to do it (without some 3rd party app). Not sure if the convoluted method works the same on the 800w, but worth a try.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=call+log
    Actually... tapping and holding on a number not in your contacts brings up an option to 'Save to Contacts' at which point you can select to create a new contact or past to an existing contact. This functionality was added with WM6.
    Last edited by gksmithlcw; 08/05/2008 at 03:41 PM.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Ah, nice
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    I've been a member of this group for over a year now, and I would never go back.

The only thing missing is call recording (!?) and POS' elegant handling of overdue tasks and floating events in general.
    Tasks and floating events I handle the same as I did on POS - Agendus. I haven't missed a beat.

Just this morning saw a post where someone recommended Note2Self which I immediately d/l and will probably register for recording notes. Not necessarily for call recording, but I never had much use for that.
    The default Notes program supports recording.
    Yea, but it's nowhere near as simple or elegant. (Or as full featured!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Tasks and floating events I handle the same as I did on POS - Agendus. I haven't missed a beat.

Just this morning saw a post where someone recommended Note2Self which I immediately d/l and will probably register for recording notes. Not necessarily for call recording, but I never had much use for that.
    Does Agendus track overdue tasks and remind you about them at the same time every day until you mark them complete?

You can even use the built-in Notes app for recording short messages. But call recording is disabled on the 800w. Nothing will record while you are on a call. This makes me hopeful that the hardware is there and Palm had to disable it through SW to comply with laws in MS's home state. If that's the case, we should get a hack shortly that re-enables recording and allows TRUE call recording on a WM device.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Agendus will do floating tasks and meetings with or without alarms. I have the same two tasks bugging me today that I haven't done for 3 weeks. <sigh>
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast