1.    #1  
    Ive had used the Motorola Q9c for about 7 months. I am currently using my 2nd Q9c because the first one accumulated a lot of dust under the screen so I complained to Sprint and the sent me a (refurbished) one. The 2nd one is a lot better dust-wise.. but still getting into the light sensor. I managed to get a 800 w for 249.99 (100 rebate) via telesales because of this. I guess i could keep the Q9c but IM afraid of the dust issue.ie. it has to last me at least 1.5 years and im afraid. besides the glass scratches WAY to easy. Also its a tad big. Otherwise I LOVE the phone as far as functionality goes. The battery lasts at least 2 days under medium usage. The battery rules. Ive been reading about the 800w battery issues and now Im afraid to activate the phone until I get a little advice from the board here. Should I dump the Q9c and go with the 800w .Questions I wish to have kindly answered....(much appreciated)

1. When i used to have a Mogul back in the day.. when I used to go on the internet it used to say "dialing sprint #777" or something like that. My q9c doesnt do this, it just instantly connects to the net. Is the 800w like the q9c or the mogul? whats the difference between the 2 methods.?

2. Q9c keyboard (pretty nice) vs the 800w keyboard? any comments here?

3. Can the 800w run opera-mini? The q9c does with a java applet and I love Opera-mini.

4. Q9C screen vs. 800w screen. I hear the 800w is higher res.. but whats the real world opinion on the two pitted against each other.

5. Call quality between the 2 phones. I just use the basic phone .. no hands free or blootooth..

6. Lastly, if you use the internet many many times per day, but for small periods..i.e. checking stock quotes that might last about 5-10 seconds, then turning off screen, many times throught the day. And I dont use the blootooth or wifi or GPS much. Does anyone else have a similar usage pattern and can make a comment on battery usage?

TIA
    Personally I think if you are use to the Q9C switching to the 800 will tricky at first. O have both so I know. First off there is no comparison in battery life. The Moto has it where the 800 falls flat. I know mine has to be charged again at around 3pm everyday. I have GPS off among other things. The 800 will run mini I believe. Not a big fan so I don't have it installed. Call quality better on the Moto. The 800 earpiece quality not so great. Screen is a toss up. One is wide the other is a square. Which ever you prefer at this point. Since you have 30 days take the 800 for a spin. You don't like it then return it and go back to the Moto.
    Quote Originally Posted by realmadrid21 View Post
    1. When i used to have a Mogul back in the day.. when I used to go on the internet it used to say "dialing sprint #777" or something like that. My q9c doesnt do this, it just instantly connects to the net. Is the 800w like the q9c or the mogul? whats the difference between the 2 methods.?
    The 800w is like the Mogal

2. Q9c keyboard (pretty nice) vs the 800w keyboard? any comments here?
    The 800w is nice but I still like the Q9c better.

3. Can the 800w run opera-mini? The q9c does with a java applet and I love Opera-mini.
    Not tried it...I'm using the Opera Mobile 9.5 Beta and love it.

4. Q9C screen vs. 800w screen. I hear the 800w is higher res.. but whats the real world opinion on the two pitted against each other.
    800w is better

5. Call quality between the 2 phones. I just use the basic phone .. no hands free or blootooth..
    I think the Q9c is better

6. Lastly, if you use the internet many many times per day, but for small periods..i.e. checking stock quotes that might last about 5-10 seconds, then turning off screen, many times throught the day. And I dont use the blootooth or wifi or GPS much. Does anyone else have a similar usage pattern and can make a comment on battery usage?

TIA
    I get about 6-7 hours but I use bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, and I have my email pushed "as items arrive". Without all those options, you should make it just fine. Overall, the 800w is a much better WM device than Q9c. It is hard to compare. However, the Q9c's voice quality and bluetooth voice dial is better than the 800w. I have Zero regrets of moving away from the Q9c.
    I was happy with my Q9c but I got a deal on a 800w. I really can't decide which one like better so I will probably keep them both. Check out this thread at sprintusers.
    http://sprintusers.com/forum/showthr...96#post1891196
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by boilermaker View Post

I have Zero regrets of moving away from the Q9c.
    Thanks guys for the opinions..but Boilermaker.. in your response you give the Q9C most wins vs the 800w but in the end you give it to the 800w. Can you just clarify or just some it up if possible why you like the 800w? I know it is a big topic... but just 1-2 sentences would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Opera Mini runs great on the 800w. The 800w is much snappier than the Q9c. I do believe the Q9c's screen has much-superior readability, especially in bright sunlight. I like the Q9c's keyboard much better. Data throughput is much faster on teh 800w in the same area. the 800w's GPS gets a fix faster. Battery life is no contest--Q9c rules. Decisions, decisions... I'm wrestling this one, too.

Todd/Indy