1.    #1  
    At my office, we have a Windows server domain (active directory) that we use for almost all authentication. I connected my Treo 800w to our wireless access point network and was able to get a local IP address via DHCP. However, whenever I attempt to use Resco Explorer to map a network share, it prompts me for credentials but doesn't seem to want to access any domain credentials (i.e. my account, administrator account, backup admin account, etc.). However, if I use a local account's credentials on the computer I'm attempting to connect to, it works. Why doesn't the Treo 800w accept domain credentials? I know regular computers accept domain credentials even when their not part of the domain. Any ideas or help? Thanks.
    It does accept domain credentials if the phone is enrolled in the domain. To do that you'd need System Center Mobile Device Manager 2008 and a certificate authority on the domain. Once that is configured and you are enrolled you can access network resources like shared drives and even sharepoint content.
    Treo Lineage: 600 -> 650p -> 700p -> 755p -> 700wx
    Currently Using: 700wx | 800w | Moto Q9c | Mogul

Exchange 2003 ActiveSync WM5.0: 2068 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.0: 50 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.1: 2 Users
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrinehart View Post
    It does accept domain credentials if the phone is enrolled in the domain. To do that you'd need System Center Mobile Device Manager 2008 and a certificate authority on the domain. Once that is configured and you are enrolled you can access network resources like shared drives and even sharepoint content.
    Ok, fair enough

I was able to access computers on a domain by using their local admin accounts (i.e. able to access network shares). However, the local admin accounts for a domain controller or server is the domain administrator account. So if a domain controller is also serving as a network share, how do I access it? Or is it not possible unless you have System Center Mobile Device Manager 2008 and enroll the Treo 800w in the domain?

Thanks.
  4.    #4  
    Any new information?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.