Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Just wondering if others have had some issues with errors cropping up a lot? I used to get them occasionally (Especially from Live Search) on my 700wx, but on my 800w, I seem to get them a lot from Oz, but also I sometimes get them from Services.exe and shell32.exe. I believe both have to do with the Today screen, and neither prevent me from using the phone, "just" the Today screen. I have a trial version of SPB Mobile Shell 2.1 on my phone, so am wondering if that perhaps has created some problems? I removed all the plugins from my Today screen and that seems to have helped. If I soft reset, I can usually have a stable system, but not always - seems if I use the soft reset in SPB Mobile Shell, I get these errors anyway. Anyone else see these?
    Twitter: @dvdmon

I only get errors with a few programs, and they're all old.

Try a hard reset, and I bet your errors go away.
    Everything on my phone was working last night, just finished getting UL set up just the way I wanted it. Tested all applications afterwards, and everythign worked. Put the phone on charger, and went to sleep...

This morning SMS (with the default Palm app) will not work. The Today plugin is not working, launching through the softkey works sometimes, but after opening I will get the We're Sorry, A problem has occured with messagingapp.exe...

I have done a soft reset at least 10 times now trying to get it to work, I don't want to go through another hard reset as I just got everything up, and it worked last night... Anyone have any ideas?
    I see occasional device.exe error on startup (M$ error reporting nag).

Todd/Indy
    Did a Sprite Full Backup, and then a Hard reset...

Messaging worked, so I then restored my Sprite Backup...

Messaging no-work...

I guess one of my settings somewhere messed it up... will be going through another hard reset and restore little every app individually... great...
    Turn off error reporting, then you will only hear about the "real" errors.

-Rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by fizban_tx View Post
    Everything on my phone was working last night, just finished getting UL set up just the way I wanted it. Tested all applications afterwards, and everythign worked. Put the phone on charger, and went to sleep...

This morning SMS (with the default Palm app) will not work. The Today plugin is not working, launching through the softkey works sometimes, but after opening I will get the We're Sorry, A problem has occured with messagingapp.exe...

I have done a soft reset at least 10 times now trying to get it to work, I don't want to go through another hard reset as I just got everything up, and it worked last night... Anyone have any ideas?
    My messaging works, but I get an error on occasion when a text arrives. This has happened about 3x already. I get the messagingapp.exe error

Couldn't tell you why it is happening either.
    It really was not working at all on mine. I could not even launch it from the today screen, and half the time the hardware key would just do nothing.

On the times I could get it to open, after just a second or two, or if I pushed any buttones, like trying to open a thread, or new, or even menu, it would throw the messagingapp.exe error, and then put me back at the Today screen.

So, it was a "real" error and the application would not work.

I am going through the process of re-building now, and after I'm done I am going to a full backup just in case...
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Just wondering if others have had some issues with errors cropping up a lot? I used to get them occasionally (Especially from Live Search) on my 700wx, but on my 800w, I seem to get them a lot from Oz, but also I sometimes get them from Services.exe and shell32.exe. I believe both have to do with the Today screen, and neither prevent me from using the phone, "just" the Today screen. I have a trial version of SPB Mobile Shell 2.1 on my phone, so am wondering if that perhaps has created some problems? I removed all the plugins from my Today screen and that seems to have helped. If I soft reset, I can usually have a stable system, but not always - seems if I use the soft reset in SPB Mobile Shell, I get these errors anyway. Anyone else see these?
    Agree there, sounds like the Today Screen, I'm getting those as well sporadically. Don't have SPB Mobile Shell et al loaded. Only prog I've loaded so far is WeatherBug Direct.
    Well, after another hard reset and re-installing everything I am back up and running...

From just playing with the 800w since I got it, it does seem to crash more often then the 700wx, but maybe when I finish tweaking and get it just the way I want it, it will stabilize some.

Speaking of OZ, has anyone gotten it to work with Yahoo? I always get an error that the "MD5 digests do not match."
  11. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    OZ works just fine with Yahoo.
    Oz Works fine w/Yahoo for me as well.

BigMots
    After my last rebuild I am still not able to get OZ to work with yahoo... same error.

I started using OctroTalk which Malatesta mentioned in one of the threads here. It seems to work just fine, although I can not figure out how to get it's Today screen plugin working.

After my last rebuild I had to do a few soft reboots but after that I have not had any errors all day. It seems to have finally started to settle down.

I think once you are done constantly tweaking it, it may behave a little more stable.

BTW, I tried Mobile Shell and did not like it as much, I switched to UltimateLaunch. When I got tired of Mobile Shell I could get it to uninstall right and that led to my first hard reset the other day.
    Oz works good for me too. I find the device to be pretty stable too. I'm loving it thus far, after having it for over a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    I would see this on rare occassions when I initially got my 700wx. I just ignored it. After all, it's a Microsoft OS, so I'm used to it. Eventually, I've never seen it happen again. I've also seen it on my 800w on rare occassions, so I'm just ignoring it. I'm hoping it would eventually go away as well.
    Anyone find the cause of the messagingapperror.exe? I just received a text, and it popped up. Thinking of a hard reset, but also thinking about returning it too. A day ago I got a servicesapp.exe error, and my buddy said that 2 text messages arrived when I sent them yesterday as well (as in a duplicate)

These small bugs are really starting to annoy me.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    The odd thing is that I haven't experienced one of these errors in a while - I'd say at least a couple of weeks I think. Maybe upgrading SPB Mobile shell or uninstalling something did the trick, I don't know...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

I can see if we have 20 things installed (I know I had tons on the POS) but all i'm running is

SPB Shell
    NewsBreak
    WeatherPanel
    SKTools
    GoogleMaps
    The Psshutoff app or what ever it is that allows you to put the button on the today screen to turn it off
    Then the program to make an X up top to close the programs

So as you can see, i'm not running much at all, so I find it odd I get all of these errors. I'm also not running any type of SMS program, so I dont see why the messaginapperror.

And the services one I have no idea where it comes from.
    Ok, I did a hard reset today, the first thing I did was install OZ and try it. I am still getting md5 mismatch error everytime I try to run it. Eve if I enter the wrong username\password. Can anyone who has this working post the cab file they installed with?
    BUMP... I would really like to get this working, can anyone send me their cab or config files for OZ. I have mundu working, but would prefer to have a today screen plugin...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast