1.    #1  
    I am in Singapore for business. I saw a pre-order signboard in a shop in the IT Mall. It stated Treo 800w and used the Sprint's Treo 800 photo. I asked the sales whether it is Treo 800w or 850. The sales told me it will be Treo 800W GSM version. She said the stock will be available before end of August.
    It's certainly possible that what we've been calling the 850 is really just the GSM 800w, and Palm used a different case to throw people off (or to easily track down which device people were posting leaks about).

What company is offering it?
    I recently returned from a Singapore business trip and noticed they call cell phones different things over there as well as having, what seemed to be, a selection not offered here in the states.

Send my regards to Orchard Rd.

cup & string
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    It's certainly possible that what we've been calling the 850 is really just the GSM 800w, and Palm used a different case to throw people off (or to easily track down which device people were posting leaks about).

What company is offering it?
    The shop is only selling Palm's product (but not operated by Palm). The sales said the look is exactly the Sprint's Treo 800W.
    Which doesn't mean it's not what Palm's called the 850.

Or it could be the 800w, and the sales rep is confused about GSM vs CDMA.

*shrug*
    i think it would benefit for Palm to release a GSM 800w apart from the 850 that has been leaked.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    i think it would benefit for Palm to release a GSM 800w apart from the 850 that has been leaked.
    I agree. The keyboard on the 800w is much better than the leaked 850/Centro keyboard. Also, it'd mean more accessories for us.
    Doubtful if there is an 800w in GSM version. If it's treo 850v, then it make sense since there is a vodafone UK affiliate in singapore & Vodafone is Palm's preferred GSM partner. Kind of like Sprint get their newest CDMA stuff. So here's hoping the 850v will be launched by the end of August.
    On the other hand the shop could really be selling the Sprint 800w model which means it's really pre-ordered & mid to end of August availability makes sense since that would be earliest they can get a hand to it.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaneophyte View Post
    Doubtful if there is an 800w in GSM version. If it's treo 850v, then it make sense since there is a vodafone UK affiliate in singapore & Vodafone is Palm's preferred GSM partner. Kind of like Sprint get their newest CDMA stuff. So here's hoping the 850v will be launched by the end of August.
    On the other hand the shop could really be selling the Sprint 800w model which means it's really pre-ordered & mid to end of August availability makes sense since that would be earliest they can get a hand to it.
    In Singapore, the network is GSM.

My speculation is whether Palm may pull back the 850 design and use the 800 instead. So they can save money by using common components.

IMHO, the 800W look more professional compare to the leaked 850 image.
    I don't really care what it's called.
    I don't care if it looks like the leaked 850, or like the 800.
    Either way I'm onboard.
    Just call me Berd.