Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here is my attempt at getting Poutlook Sms working for those that don't like Palm Threaded Sms.

It is pretty close to being there. I'm having some issues with text's not arriving to my phone in a timely manner, but not sure if that's just a Sprint issue or something wonky with my changes. Sending texts goes out and is received immediately. For those that have backed up there Treo and are willing to test this with me please download this zipped up script. You will need to install MortScript if you don't already have it. The script toggles between Palm Sms and Poutlook Sms.

It was a bear just getting it this far. Let me know if you are experiencing the same issues as me or if it works for you. Also if you find any integration issues let me know.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hannip; 08/06/2008 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Fix to kill messagingapp.exe when switching to Poutlook SMS
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Here is my attempt at getting Poutlook Sms working for those that don't like Palm Threaded Sms.

It is pretty close to being there. I'm having some issues with text's not arriving to my phone in a timely manner, but not sure if that's just a Sprint issue or something wonky with my changes. Sending texts goes out and is received immediately. For those that have backed up there Treo and are willing to test this with me please download this zipped up script. You will need to install MortScript if you don't already have it. The script toggles between Palm Sms and Poutlook Sms.

It was a bear just getting it this far. Let me know if you are experiencing the same issues as me or if it works for you. Also if you find any integration issues let me know.
    sounds good... and at 1a.m. in the morning? you are a machine!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    You can't change the notification tone. It is default to Alarm 2.
    Hannip,
    You are awesome. I love that my screen doesn't turn on when I get a text, and being able to save as read. Everything is working great. I don't have any delay in receiving.
    why would people want M$ version over the palm version?
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    WM6.1 threaded is very good.

This thread will give you a good idea why people like it; http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=167219

Interesting how these things come full circle huh?
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    why would people want M$ version over the palm version?
    Primarily to keep all messages (exchange, gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc) together with texts both on the today plugin and the ability to press right or left from the message list in poutlook to get to text messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by eJonny View Post
    Primarily to keep all messages (exchange, gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc) together with texts both on the today plugin and the ability to press right or left from the message list in poutlook to get to text messages.
    Exactly...

@ Hannip:

I tested this and it seems to work very well. The only problem I had was with the lack of ability to change ring tones as mentioned above as it doesn't show up in the Sounds and notifications list.

I received all text messages in a timely manner as far as I could tell. I had my wife send me multiple texts in a conversation and there was no delay.

I'll continue to run this and let you know if any problems crop up.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I'm curious as to what happens to the SMS that have been sent and received with the Palm SMS app; do they show up in Poutlook or is it a blank slate? If so, is there a way to import them?
    Siemens A56 > Samsung SGH-X426 > HTC Tornado > HTC Wizard > HTC Wizard + Sony Ericsson K800i > iPhone EDGE + Sony Ericsson K800i > RIM Blackberry Curve + Sony Ericsson K800i > Palm Treo 800w + Blackberry Curve + Sony Ericsson K800i > Palm Treo 800w + Blackberry Curve > Palm Treo 800w > HTC Touch Diamond > HTC Touch Diamond + Palm Pre
    The notifications don't work for me either. I get vibrate only even with the switch set to ringer and the volume up.

Also, can you guys test sending SMS messages to yourself via email (i.e. [mobilenumber]@messaging.sprintpcs.com )? When I get messages via email from multiple senders, they are all placed into one thread in the poutlook version.

In the Palm version they have separate threads, and I think they were separate on the Mogul with WM 6.1 poutlook.

Any idea why this would be happening hannip?
  11.    #11  
    I've added the new text message alert to the script in the first post. It sets the alert to Alarm3.wma, but you can change this in Sounds & Notifications as you prefer. In Sounds & Notifications the event is called "Messaging New text message".

Here is a script to add the notification for those that don't have it and have already switched to Poutlook Sms. New users won't need to run this.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonq View Post
    I'm curious as to what happens to the SMS that have been sent and received with the Palm SMS app; do they show up in Poutlook or is it a blank slate? If so, is there a way to import them?
    Palm texts are in a separate database so you won't see them in your Poutlook Inbox. Unfortunately there is no way to import them.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by archjak1 View Post
    The notifications don't work for me either. I get vibrate only even with the switch set to ringer and the volume up.
    Run the NewTextAlert script I posted above to fix this.

Also, can you guys test sending SMS messages to yourself via email (i.e. [mobilenumber]@messaging.sprintpcs.com )? When I get messages via email from multiple senders, they are all placed into one thread in the poutlook version.

In the Palm version they have separate threads, and I think they were separate on the Mogul with WM 6.1 poutlook.

Any idea why this would be happening hannip?
    Not sure. Can you send me your Mogul's WM 6.1 registry?
    Okay, now I'm confused: I used to use the threaded text messaging on my 700wx. From what I see, it is exactly what comes standard on my 800w. What is this poutlook program you speak of? How does it differ from what we used on the 700wx and what we're using standard now on the 800w?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanC1906 View Post
    Okay, now I'm confused: I used to use the threaded text messaging on my 700wx. From what I see, it is exactly what comes standard on my 800w. What is this poutlook program you speak of? How does it differ from what we used on the 700wx and what we're using standard now on the 800w?
    If you are happy with the Palm Threaded Sms just ignore this thread.

Poutlook "Inbox" is the native mail/sms/mms client that comes with Windows Mobile. The Palm Threaded Sms overrides the native version. This script disables Palm's changes. I personally prefer the Palm Threaded Sms, but others prefer the native version.

If you are curious you can run the script to see what it's all about. Then you can switch back using the same script. Just run it again.
    Mannn! i thought i was the only one that didn't like the palm version... this is prefect man...thanx a BUNCH! it seems to be working FINE for me.

I did mistakenly activate the palm version on my today screen and i was able to load it back up which cause all kinds of crazyness with the Poutlook version, but a simple softrest and hiding of the palm version fixed this problem.
  17.    #17  
    Yeah, avoid starting Palm Sms after switching. It likes to take over.
  18. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    I love it Hannip, it's awesome. So far, no issues whatsoever.

One question re the messaging context sensitive button. It now behave exactly like the mail button. Is there a way to change the context button to something else? I didn't think so from other threads...

Second option, is there a way to bypass the account selection screen so that it goes right to your last account or the one with the new mail like it did on the 700? It's not a horrible extra step, but kind of annoying. If I have to scroll to an account anyways, I'd just rather push to the left and right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    is there a way to bypass the account selection screen so that it goes right to your last account or the one with the new mail like it did on the 700? It's not a horrible extra step, but kind of annoying. If I have to scroll to an account anyways, I'd just rather push to the left and right.
    There is an option in POutlook for this.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  20. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    There is an option in POutlook for this.
    Awesome, found it! Thanks a billion!
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast