Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Maybe the files from the touch would work?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    i want to say thank you hanipp, I love the "back to real messaging" script here..
    I should be posting a new version of RealVGA that supports this tonight.

Oh, and Hannip, if you still check up on this, I suggest you add this line before the reset:

Code:
    RedrawToday
    Ebag, will your version make the inbox line share the text line (ala 700wx)?
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Ebag, will your version make the inbox line share the text line (ala 700wx)?
    I'm not sure I follow. You can easily change the order of your Today Screen plugins if that's what you're referring to....
    Cross posted from: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=231

Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    It's official! Real VGA now supports Hannip's hack for the default WM threaded messaging!

As always, I recommend a hard reset before installing due to the amount of system files that this touches.

Download:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/69947179...GA_800w20.html

To Install:
    Copy the Real VGA 800w.cab file to your 800w. Install.

DO NOT reset the phone when you are prompted during the install! Because the installer adds system files the phone will want to restart. Instead hit cancel so that the installer can install the certification keys. If these do not install, RealVGA will not function properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by typeadam
    OK, I'm not sure how to phrase this question but here it is:
    What is the full path/filename in order to launch poutlook?
    Here's why:
    PhoneAlarm seems to use the default SMS program and I obviously want to use poutlook. However, there is an option in PhoneAlarm where you can change what you want launched. I thought the path would be \Windows\poutlook.exe but that does nothing.
    I tried linking the SMS button to any random file just to make sure it works (I linked it to a game) and it works.
    However, I remember reading somewhere that some kind of parameters come after \Windows\poutlook.exe [something here] but I don't remember.
    Thank you!
    \Windows\tmail.exe -service "SMS"
    Where do I enter this at?
    I'm not sure I follow. You can easily change the order of your Today Screen plugins if that's what you're referring to....
    Ebag,

On the 700wx, if you got a text or an email, on the today screen that one line would tell you if you got either.

On the 800w with the palm messaging, you would get one today screen line for a text, & one for an email.

The Treo Pro has the email notification & Text on the same today screen item.

Hannip was trying to figure out from the Treo Pro rom how to get those two separate items into one line (ala Treo Pro). He has been MIA for a while.

I was curious if your changes made the Email today screen item also show the text message count.

Thanks,
    Rich (let me know if that made any sense).
    On the 700wx, if you got a text or an email, on the today screen that one line would tell you if you got either.

On the 800w with the palm messaging, you would get one today screen line for a text, & one for an email.

The Treo Pro has the email notification & Text on the same today screen item.
    Ahah. Yes. That makes sense.

I did notice that there wasn't a notification on the today screen. Lemme see what I can dig up....
    Yah, the older 700wx shared the notification area with the text messages/email. I know the pro does the same thing.

Thanks for looking into it!
    Yah, the older 700wx shared the notification area with the text messages/email. I know the pro does the same thing.

Thanks for looking into it!
    Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\"Messaging"]
    "Order"=dword:00000005
    "Selectability"=dword:00000002
    "DLL"="tmailutl.dll"
    "Enabled"=dword:00000001
    "Type"=dword:00000004
    I'm not sure about the Treo Pro, but I've tried 3 different Poutlook (tmail) WM6.1 today screen plugins and none of them do it.

It seems that it's not just the .DLL.....
    Is there a file or registry entry from the treo pro that would help solve this?

was the 700wx today plugin not a standard WM5 thing (palms secret sauce)?

I thought that was standard.

Nope, I tried that one too.

It may be the version of poutlook used, or something else....

Aaaactually...I wonder if it's a missing reg key?
    Is there a way to view all the entire conversation you have with someone instead of the default i think 10 messages? It is a hassle to have to click newer and older, especially when i have extremely long conversations.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryyando View Post
    Is there a way to view all the entire conversation you have with someone instead of the default i think 10 messages? It is a hassle to have to click newer and older, especially when i have extremely long conversations.
    Good question. I'll try and remember to look at this tomorrow at work when I'm bored (no promises).
    Aaaactually...I wonder if it's a missing reg key?
    Ebag, sorry to be a pest bur I was curious if you were able to find the missing registry entry?

thanks
    rich
    Ebag, sorry to be a pest bur I was curious if you were able to find the missing registry entry?

thanks
    rich
    I need a reg dump from a Treo Pro.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh....php?p=1520185

No help so far....

Okay, I've been through the registry and pretty much confirmed it is all setup right.

The 700wx did things a little differently because it used Palm's DLL (p1SmsPlugins.dll) to do stuff. That's not standard.

It *HAS* to be a file/dll somewhere. The problem is that there are literally dozens that it could be, poutlook spiders throughout a huge chunk of the OS.

Quote Originally Posted by bryyando View Post
    I've looked throughout the registry. There is not a setting anywhere in any of the devices I've looked at for this. Looks like it's hardcoded.
    Ebag,

If you think I can help somehow by testing files, I would be happy to help. Is there a list of files it could be? If you send me the dump I am guessing you have, I can take a look?

Thanks,
    Rich
    Unfortunately there's not a clear list of files it could be.

As for dumps, any 6.1 dump should work. I've been using a 6.1 dump for the Vogue, with comparisons to the 700wx, the 800w, and various other random ROM's/files I have laying around.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast