Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
    So is there a way for me to backup me texts?
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill View Post
    So is there a way for me to backup me texts?
    Yes, you can use any of the standard ways to backup texts.

http://www.dashwire.com
    http://www.jeyo.com/extender.asp
    http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...ckup-v2-8.html
    Quote Originally Posted by mbressman View Post
    Also, I reached out to the VP of Worldwide Customer Relations at Palm and he is putting me in touch with someone that is going to "discuss" the issues I'm having. I can't guarantee they'd be willing to do anything about this particular issue (the other one is the GPS seems to be only assisted and not standalone despite what their website stated), especially since I had issues with my old 700wx and they didn't seem to care (if I enabled lock and owner info/notes, incoming calls wouldn't allow me to answer them without me first inputting my password). However, I will update everyone on here if I get any more info from my discussions with Palm.
    All,

I apologize about not posting sooner. Getting in touch with someone senior at Palm proved to be a bit more challenging than I'd first anticipated. However, I recently got in touch with John Moses who is the VP of Worldwide Customer Relations at Palm. He put me in touch with a previous contact I had spoken with before who is a very high-level individual at Palm. I spoke with her for at least 30 minutes regarding some of the issues I had been experiencing with the Treo 800w, including the GPS/aGPS issue and the Palm SMS/WinMo SMS app issue (i.e. either finding some way to get rid of the Palm SMS app and revert back to to the WinMo 6.1 default SMS app, or find some way to import old messages from the WinMo SMS app to the Palm SMS app). This individual was very attentive and receptive throughout the conversation, and I appreciate that she got in touch with me and not only listened to my issues, but promised that she was going to look into them. She also had some familiarity with these forums (in my initial emails to Palm corporate, I had requested that they look at these forums and provided specific links), which led me to believe that she has read through many of the posts people have placed on here regarding these issues (and others). This individual is supposed to get back to me within a week or so, and as soon as I have further information, I'll post it on here. Thanks.
    OK, I'm not sure how to phrase this question but here it is:
    What is the full path/filename in order to launch poutlook?
    Here's why:
    PhoneAlarm seems to use the default SMS program and I obviously want to use poutlook. However, there is an option in PhoneAlarm where you can change what you want launched. I thought the path would be \Windows\poutlook.exe but that does nothing.
    I tried linking the SMS button to any random file just to make sure it works (I linked it to a game) and it works.
    However, I remember reading somewhere that some kind of parameters come after \Windows\poutlook.exe [something here] but I don't remember.
    Thank you!
    ..:: ADAM ::..

Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
  5.    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by typeadam View Post
    OK, I'm not sure how to phrase this question but here it is:
    What is the full path/filename in order to launch poutlook?
    Here's why:
    PhoneAlarm seems to use the default SMS program and I obviously want to use poutlook. However, there is an option in PhoneAlarm where you can change what you want launched. I thought the path would be \Windows\poutlook.exe but that does nothing.
    I tried linking the SMS button to any random file just to make sure it works (I linked it to a game) and it works.
    However, I remember reading somewhere that some kind of parameters come after \Windows\poutlook.exe [something here] but I don't remember.
    Thank you!
    \Windows\tmail.exe -service "SMS"
    Just tried it and im so glad to not be forced to use palm sms anymore....thanks man! One question...the pictures of the arrows that show up or down by the text...on mine there isnt a picture, just a blank placeholder.....is there a way to get the arrows back?
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    \Windows\tmail.exe -service "SMS"
    ..:: ADAM ::..

Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Anything new on this front? I love the pOutlook, but I can't stand not having the text inbox show up on the today screen.
  9.    #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by farnlc View Post
    Anything new on this front? I love the pOutlook, but I can't stand not having the text inbox show up on the today screen.
    Waiting for the Treo Pro rom dump.
    I think were getting closer to a dump of the Treo Pro. Since the Treo Pro seems to be a different animal than the 800w, do you think the notifications on the desktop will work ?
    I heard back from my high-level contact at Palm today. Unfortunately, she didn't have any new information for me regarding the SMS issue (either migrating over to the built-in WinMo 6.1 SMS app or importing my old text messages to the Palm app from my Treo 700wx which used the built-in WinMo SMS app). She said she was going to continue to try and find some more information and help for me, and I will be in touch with her in the next week or two.
    Hannip, have you been able to get a full Treo Pro dump? Let me know & I can try to help find someone willing to give a dump of the rom. Any particular tool needed to do that?

Thanks,
    Rich
    didn't seem to find info on this, but is there a way to change it from saying unread emails to texts?
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Any update on this? Has someone provided Hannip with the Treo Pro dump?
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Bump. Waiting for the ROM dump and the Pocket Outlook and the HTC Task Manager for my 800w.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Has anyone gotten a Treo Pro yet that could then provide hannip with a ROM dump?

I'd be happy to purchase one (I could give it as a gift or return it or maybe even keep it if I like it enough) in order to get the ROM dump, but do not know how to do a ROM dump. If someone would like to assist me in doing a ROM dump (or explain to me how to do one), I'd be happy to get the Treo Pro in order to do this.

Let me know...thanks!
    Im pretty sure Hannip said he was very swamped at work for the next few weeks. At this point, I dont think anyone has gotten a rom dump for Hannip & I am not even sure how to get that (hows that for useless).

I wonder if theres a registry entry for sharing/showing the text count with the email count (ala 700wx). I cant tell you how many text messages I miss.

I am also not sure if Treo Alert fixes this issue as well & that might be why Hannip hasnt gotten to it (since it works with his other program).

Thanks,
    Rich
    Super weird question, and I tried looking at this entire thread with no help...

Are people getting the arrows that point from user to sender in a threaded text? I am personally not getting it for my msgs.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Super weird question, and I tried looking at this entire thread with no help...

Are people getting the arrows that point from user to sender in a threaded text? I am personally not getting it for my msgs.

Anyone have any ideas?
    I got them until I installed real vga after that they go away
    Quote Originally Posted by rattler459 View Post
    I got them until I installed real vga after that they go away
    Sorry, I figured that out earlier today with Hannip and Ebag, I should have followed up the post. The issue lies in the fact that Ebag used dll files from various devices, and the ones that contained these icons were from a WM5 device, so they aren't in there. If we wanted them, we would need to find a device with comparable dll's that work with the 800w and RealVGA.

I went back to stock. It looks like SHAT to me.
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast