Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    I don't have that functionality but I never knew I had it to begin with...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Is anyone else experiencing a problem when on the today screen, you start to type a contacts name, in the past when you held the "center" key down on the name, it would have a drop down of send text, call, navigate, etc.

Now i get nothing when I hold that button on a name.

Am i alone? My wifes 800w with the regular palm sms is works fine.
    I'm not having that problem, & I'm using WM SMS. Do u edit the registry to enable "Dial Lookup" as a Today item? That does some goofy stuff to the phone.
    Im going to do a hard reset soon anyway. i will check to see if that is part of the issue.

I dont use it often but the feature is nice from time to time.

Im not sure what the dial lookup tweak is (is it a good one)?
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Do u edit the registry to enable "Dial Lookup" as a Today item? That does some goofy stuff to the phone.
    IIm not sure what the dial lookup tweak is (is it a good one)?
    I am pretty sure this tweak absolutely effed my phone...I had to hard reset and have added most of what I was using before, one at a time, except this tweak. Today, I got great battery life again (in fact excellent life), and every is running smooth. I have made the sprint bar disappear twice, once with an app (on accident) and once with this tweak and both times ended in a hard reset....willing to listen to others on the topic though. Sure would like to get rid of it with out all the nasty side effects.
    Im not sure what the dial lookup tweak is (is it a good one)?
    It's a nice one, but the side effects are a Beyatch!!! Don't do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    It's a nice one, but the side effects are a Beyatch!!! Don't do it!
    +1 million
    Wow this is so much better than the other SMS app! Using the 5-way to go from sms to sms and between accounts is excellent. And being able to 'mark all as read' makes this even better!

I read that some ppl don't have the icon on their screen saver. I DO have an icon there but only when I have more than 1 sms... If I have 1 = no icon on screen saver; 2 or more = icon is visible. Odd...? However, the icon always DOES appear on the start menu bar.

Any updates on the msg count appearing in the today screen 'inbox?'

Also can any confirm whether this works w/ the SMS count in HTC Home or HiNavigator and whether clicking their respective SMS icons brings up poutlook?

Thanks again!
    ..:: ADAM ::..

Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
  8.    #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by typeadam View Post
    Any updates on the msg count appearing in the today screen 'inbox?'
    Not yet. I'm now hoping that the Treo Pro will solve any remaining issues with this since it won't have Palm SMS apparently. Once we get a dump of that rom and registry we can compare and copy any files needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Not yet. I'm now hoping that the Treo Pro will solve any remaining issues with this since it won't have Palm SMS apparently. Once we get a dump of that rom and registry we can compare and copy any files needed.
    I was just going to post and mention that the Treo Pro doesn't have the Palm SMS app and so maybe we could use it to compare with the 800w and fix the remaining problems...

Also, I reached out to the VP of Worldwide Customer Relations at Palm and he is putting me in touch with someone that is going to "discuss" the issues I'm having. I can't guarantee they'd be willing to do anything about this particular issue (the other one is the GPS seems to be only assisted and not standalone despite what their website stated), especially since I had issues with my old 700wx and they didn't seem to care (if I enabled lock and owner info/notes, incoming calls wouldn't allow me to answer them without me first inputting my password). However, I will update everyone on here if I get any more info from my discussions with Palm.

Thanks!
    This fix does NOT fix the sms count for the treo800w

Noone on here or anywhere has been able to fix the issue with the sms count except for spb software. the mobile shell problem does correctly show count.

I wish someone would fix this for the hinavigator
    Quote Originally Posted by scottad1972 View Post

Noone on here or anywhere has been able to fix the issue with the sms count except for spb software. the mobile shell problem does correctly show count.

Scott,

Are you referring to the count that should be displaying on the today screen that isn't? If so, that is a known issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbressman View Post
    I was just going to post and mention that the Treo Pro doesn't have the Palm SMS app and so maybe we could use it to compare with the 800w and fix the remaining problems...

Also, I reached out to the VP of Worldwide Customer Relations at Palm and he is putting me in touch with someone that is going to "discuss" the issues I'm having. I can't guarantee they'd be willing to do anything about this particular issue (the other one is the GPS seems to be only assisted and not standalone despite what their website stated), especially since I had issues with my old 700wx and they didn't seem to care (if I enabled lock and owner info/notes, incoming calls wouldn't allow me to answer them without me first inputting my password). However, I will update everyone on here if I get any more info from my discussions with Palm.

Thanks!
    Please include the fact that BT headset volume resets to minimum with every phone call and mention the odd audio volumes. These two bugs are 'bugging' everyone.

Thanks.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    also the earpiece needs tweaking. there way way too much bass and not enough treble making calls sound muffled and get distorted. It just needs a little tweak to correct it.
    If you are using poutlook for SMS you can change back to WM5 style of sms. I find this useful because I use SMS for infrastructure monitoring alerts.
    Create the following registry:

To have it have a one sided look (WM5.0):

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM]
    "SMSInboxThreadingDisabled"=dword:00000001

To have it have a conversation stlye (WM6.1):

"SMSInboxThreadingDisabled"=dword:00000000
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter_ View Post
    If you are using poutlook for SMS you can change back to WM5 style of sms. I find this useful because I use SMS for infrastructure monitoring alerts.
    Create the following registry:

To have it have a one sided look (WM5.0):

"SMSInboxThreadingDisabled"=dword:00000001

To have it have a conversation stlye (WM6.1):

"SMSInboxThreadingDisabled"=dword:00000000
    Thanks for this tip!!
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by scottad1972 View Post

I use HiNavigator too and it only shows "1" no matter how many messages I have. I tried w/ the reg hack a few posts up to see if that would help but still nothing... So for now we're stuck... At least the "1" shows that you at least have a msg. rather that not seeing anything at all....

Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
    Does anyone know how I disable the "message sent" bubble/notification?
    Thanks!

So i am having a couple of wierd issues:

1. Last night, I got a text, went to open it & it briefly flashed the original Palm SMS (it looked like I had 5 unread texts in there). It closed, then I tried to reopen it. Nothing worked till I reran the sms mortscript & then I was able to get back to the Outlook text screen.

I dont have a way to check those 5 text messages in the old format (thats fine).

How do I make sure that the old palm doesnt come back & eat my texts again?

2. Am I the only one who is unable to click on a contact on the today screen (when you start typing) & have a drop down of call, text, navigate? It works with my stylus but not just the d button (like it used to work).

I am not sure why i think its this app (I have no real reason to think that).

Thanks,
    Rich
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    no they are not. I think they get stored in \cemail.vol
    I can't find that file... is it hidden or something?
  20.    #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill View Post
    I can't find that file... is it hidden or something?
    It's in the root directory. It's not a file you can copy like the palm file, but there are API's that can access the contents also unlike the palm file.