Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    I contacted Palm's Level 3 Escalation department to see if they could assist with reverting back to the Windows Mobile SMS application...they are going to get in touch with their engineering staff and get back to me early next week...let's see if they are willing to offer any help (considering there are a good amount of us that want to revert back)...
    thanks Hannip i'll google smms
    Anything new on this? Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  4.    #104  
    As soon as Ebag333 sends me some files I'm going to try something.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    As soon as Ebag333 sends me some files I'm going to try something.
    Oooh...do tell
    too bad you guys dont know someone at spb software house

spb mobile shell latest version fixed the sms notify. it works in the now screen and correctly shows count. Maybe someone could contact tech support and maybe they could tell you guys the problem

All i know is they fixed it. without any mortscript
    and also they fixed it will keeping the palm threaded text messages, when i used poutlook spb didnt show any count anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by scottad1972 View Post
    and also they fixed it will keeping the palm threaded text messages, when i used poutlook spb didnt show any count anymore
    This just means that, for the 800w, they're looking at the count for the Palm app instead of the count for POutlook. I use POutlook because I prefer the integrated functionality of it to the standalone functionality of the Palm app.

And, by the way, The Mortscript just makes the registry changes necessary to disable one and enable the other. That is all. It's got nothing to do with the actual programs. It's just a convenient switch.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbressman View Post
    Oooh...do tell
    Well ebag333 sent me several wm6.1 files that I used to replace my rom files. No luck though. I haven't found a way to get that stinking Inbox today plugin to show text message counts.
    See! I told you... :P

j/k
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    See! I told you... :P

j/k
    well I thought maybe it might be a combination of files, but nope. If it's not the tmail exe/dll's and not the registry, I'm not sure what to look for. Hmm, maybe one of the htm files? ...

No, not seeing anything in the htm files like that. It's gotta be generated since it uses the mail account name in there. I'm starting to think the files that ebag333 gave us are suspect, or we just haven't found the right one yet.
    Last edited by hannip; 08/15/2008 at 08:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    well I thought maybe it might be a combination of files, but nope. If it's not the tmail exe/dll's and not the registry, I'm not sure what to look for. Hmm, maybe one of the htm files? ...
    Well if it is one of the .htm files they're easily editable.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

What about smileys? ya... I like em!
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    What about smileys? ya... I like em!
    You can try smileySMS

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=328363
    With my touch, it had a separate plugin for text messages. One for email and one for texts.

I believe, and I can activate my touch and test, that if you only had the one for email Inbox checked it showed both text and emails. However if you had both the one for email and the separate one for texts checked it would not show texts in the email one.

At least I think this is how it worked. I know for a fact there is a separate plugin, but I'm a little fuzzy how the standard email plugin works if you don't have the separate one running.

I just noticed no one said anything about this and I wasn't sure, but it would seem like it would be able to work the same way.

I'm sorta bothered that it's not working at all. I really want to use poutlook sms as I feel its more polished and professional feeling if that makes any sense, but really feel like I need a today screen plugin so I can see unread texts......
    I reverted back to Palm SMS. The one thing I noticed that is when I open it to send a text and when I select a contact, it doesn't show Home, Mobile, etc. Is anyone experiencing the same thing? I would then have to exit it out and open the Contacts app and just select the person and send SMS that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    I reverted back to Palm SMS. The one thing I noticed that is when I open it to send a text and when I select a contact, it doesn't show Home, Mobile, etc. Is anyone experiencing the same thing? I would then have to exit it out and open the Contacts app and just select the person and send SMS that way.
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but in an SMS application it wouldn't necessarily show you all their phone #'s, but would automatically just send the SMS to their mobile #, since SMS is meant for cell phones only. So wouldn't the behavior your describing be correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by mbressman View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but in an SMS application it wouldn't necessarily show you all their phone #'s, but would automatically just send the SMS to their mobile #, since SMS is meant for cell phones only. So wouldn't the behavior your describing be correct?
    You know, you're right. I guess I didn't play with it long enough.

Now the only thing I'm having an issue is part of the area where you type the message in is cutoff. I can only see the top half of the first line. So if I'm typing a long message, I can't see the rest of the message. As if it's made for a 240x320 screen or something. Is anyone having this issue?
    Strange, after awhile, the text area, where you type the message, is normal size again. Now the only issue I'm experiencing is if I send a message for the first time, I can see my conversation. With Palm's SMS, this is usually hidden, until the person responds back to the SMS. Seeing all my messages in the Inbox is kind of a pain. I like seeing my inbox clean.
    Is anyone else experiencing a problem when on the today screen, you start to type a contacts name, in the past when you held the "center" key down on the name, it would have a drop down of send text, call, navigate, etc.

Now i get nothing when I hold that button on a name.

Am i alone? My wifes 800w with the regular palm sms is works fine.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast