Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    True, but the way he described it sounded like something we hadn't covered before...which is why I thought it prudent to post about it. However, if no one else is having this issue, then I guess it's just a fluke or the Palm app is still active on the Today Screen - let us know if the Palm App is still active on the today screen Sting23ray...
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Does anyone know how to backup SMS messages stored in the Palm SMS program/datafile and transfer them to the WM 6.1 SMS system?
    I haven't found any way to yet...although maybe someone else here has some thoughts.

The best I've been able to come up with is that if you use Jeyo Mobile Companion 2.1, you can edit an XML file and then import ("restore") it into the WM6.1 app and if you've done the edits right, they will import as text messages (but you have to make the edits to the XML file manually).
    Will installing this make the home screen left button "Messaging" goto the last opened file in Outlook?

I am very used to the messaging button opening my last opened poutlook folder. Will this fix that? I just dont use text messages often & would prefer the button to take me to my mail (or texts)?

Thanks,
    Rich
    Sorry, one other question, do I just need the first file in the first post, or should I also get the NewTextAlert.zip file as well (and then which one)?
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Will installing this make the home screen left button "Messaging" goto the last opened file in Outlook?

I am very used to the messaging button opening my last opened poutlook folder. Will this fix that? I just dont use text messages often & would prefer the button to take me to my mail (or texts)?

Thanks,
    Rich
    You can already do that with the 800w's Mail button. The 700wx didn't have this. This script sets the left soft button to go directly to text messages so you have two ways to go with just one press of the button for each.
  7.    #87  
    Sorry, one other question, do I just need the first file in the first post, or should I also get the NewTextAlert.zip file as well (and then which one)?
    You just need the first one.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbressman View Post
    I think what he means is that when he gets a new SMS message, and he clicks the left soft key and selects Notifications (or something along these lines), the palm SMS app takes over.

You got it M! The first thing I made sure before I even ran the script was to take the home plug in for Plam SMS app off the today screen so that I don't "accidentally" wake that bad boy up again....
    Then ran H's script and everything was fine until about the 4th or the 5th incoming SMS message... Ran the script again a couple of times (Because it defualts back to Palm app the next time u run it) to make sure that WM inbox was the default one for all SMS activity but the same thing happened every time.... and it was always that 4th or the 5th message that made the change... Maybe it just my weird phone... I hard reset it yesterday just so that I could figure this thing out... Ill install H's script 2moro and will let u boys know how things go.... keeping fingers crossed...
  9.    #89  
    Make sure messaging.exe is not running or it will take over sms. I guess I should have the script kill it when you run it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    You can already do that with the 800w's Mail button. The 700wx didn't have this. This script sets the left soft button to go directly to text messages so you have two ways to go with just one press of the button for each.

Hannip,

I guess thats right about the hard Mail button. Will your script set that soft messaging button to the Poutlook text & allow left/right navigation (meaning, I can use the messaging button to open outlook & go to my email)?

When I think of messaging, I think of email (personally).

Thanks,
    Rich
    NM, I gave it a try & its exactly what I am looking for. The familiar old text messaging!

One question though, on my 700wx, when I had an email notificaiton, it would show on the today screen (which it still does), when I had a text on the 700wx it would share that same spot with the email (letting me know i had 1 unread email, 2 unread texts).

I disabled the palm messaging today plugin but the text messages are not showing up on my today screen. I do have a notification icon at the top of the phone though.

Are we supposed to have the inbox today plugin show the text messages as well (similar to the 700wx)?

Thanks,
    Rich
  12.    #92  
    NM, I gave it a try & its exactly what I am looking for. The familiar old text messaging!

One question though, on my 700wx, when I had an email notificaiton, it would show on the today screen (which it still does), when I had a text on the 700wx it would share that same spot with the email (letting me know i had 1 unread email, 2 unread texts).

I disabled the palm messaging today plugin but the text messages are not showing up on my today screen. I do have a notification icon at the top of the phone though.

Are we supposed to have the inbox today plugin show the text messages as well (similar to the 700wx)?

Thanks,
    Rich
    That's one of the known issues.
    - Text message counts not showing in mail plugin
    - Texts sent via email gateway all grouped in same thread (should be sorted by email address)
    - Push effect not working

These are still being worked on.
    Last edited by hannip; 08/06/2008 at 11:11 AM. Reason: new script in first post now kills messagingapp.exe
  13.    #93  
    Hannip,

I guess thats right about the hard Mail button. Will your script set that soft messaging button to the Poutlook text & allow left/right navigation (meaning, I can use the messaging button to open outlook & go to my email)?

When I think of messaging, I think of email (personally).

Thanks,
    Rich
    Yes and Yes
    downloaded the patch and worked well. however i can't seem to recieve and send mms
  15.    #95  
    mms is not supported on this device. I guess Sprint expects you to send pics via email. There is a 3rd party app called sMMS that you may want to google.
    With pOutlook are the texts still saved in the PalmMSG file under windows?
    So I've been using pOutlook with TA and now my email and text messages both work off the same alert. I've been using the different vibe setups so I know without even looking at my phone if I need to pick it up or not, but id really like to use pOutlook and have separate alerts. Im sure it probably not possible but you guys have surprised me before
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill View Post
    With pOutlook are the texts still saved in the PalmMSG file under windows?
    no they are not. I think they get stored in \cemail.vol
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill View Post
    So I've been using pOutlook with TA and now my email and text messages both work off the same alert. I've been using the different vibe setups so I know without even looking at my phone if I need to pick it up or not, but id really like to use pOutlook and have separate alerts. Im sure it probably not possible but you guys have surprised me before
    really? hmm, I'll look into it.
    Hey Hannip (or anyone else who is working on this) - any word yet on the unresolved issues (especially the today screen plug-in)?

I'll up my buying you a drink to buying you a whole round Seriously though, if there is anything I can do to help, just let me know.

Thanks again a ton for working on this and getting as far as you did!
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast