Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    I just installed it. so far, it rocks!!! GJ Hannip! unfortunately, still having problems with PushEffect.
    I'm having problems with PushEffect as well, regardless of what messaging program I'm using. To be honest I don't think it really works with WM6 because from what I've read they don't handle sms triggers the same as WM5 did. I've tried with a 6700 running WM6 a Touch running WM6.1 and the Treo 800W. Neither have worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwyatt View Post
    I'm having problems with PushEffect as well, regardless of what messaging program I'm using. To be honest I don't think it really works with WM6 because from what I've read they don't handle sms triggers the same as WM5 did. I've tried with a 6700 running WM6 a Touch running WM6.1 and the Treo 800W. Neither have worked.
    What is PushEffect?
    Quote Originally Posted by mbressman View Post
    What is PushEffect?
    It's an app that intercepts text messages from an email address and then tells your email client to go get the email. It gives you the effect of push email, hence the name.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    any update on the 6425 and no counts on the home screen?
  5.    #65  
    Not unless someone else has been looking into it. I'm focused on TreoAlerts for the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Not unless someone else has been looking into it. I'm focused on TreoAlerts for the weekend.
    hannip - any chance we can convince you to come back to this project after you finish TreoAlerts?
  7.    #67  
    hannip - any chance we can convince you to come back to this project after you finish TreoAlerts?
    hehe, sure, I was still planning to get the text count on the plugin working with the email count. I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of finding the right combo of files. Probably just need tmailutl.dll and tmail.exe from another WM6.1 phone.

The other idea I had was to see if the rule processors from a Sprint 700wx phone would work on the 800w. Thinking that's what sorts the email texts and the push effect.
    hehe, sure, I was still planning to get the text count on the plugin working with the email count. I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of finding the right combo of files. Probably just need tmailutl.dll and tmail.exe from another WM6.1 phone.

The other idea I had was to see if the rule processors from a Sprint 700wx phone would work on the 800w. Thinking that's what sorts the email texts and the push effect.
    Seriously, you are the man hannip! If you ever get up to NYC, I need to buy you a drink!

Let me know if you need any help or legwork when you have a chance to look at this project again.
  9.    #69  
    Seriously, you are the man hannip! If you ever get up to NYC, I need to buy you a drink!

Let me know if you need any help or legwork when you have a chance to look at this project again.
    Well let's hope it works, then we'll talk about that drink.
    Well let's hope it works, then we'll talk about that drink.
    That goes for Miami too. Your pulling a lot of weight around here.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    That goes for Miami too. Your pulling a lot of weight around here.
    hehe, I'll have to plan a cross country trip to get all of these drinks.
    Sorry guys... but im a Newbie.... exactly what do I do with this file??? Does it execute somewhere? do I go place it somewhere??
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting23ray View Post
    Sorry guys... but im a Newbie.... exactly what do I do with this file??? Does it execute somewhere? do I go place it somewhere??
    Download MortScript from here and install the PPC cab.

http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?mo...=view&entry=65

Once installed copy the unzipped script from the first post to
    \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript

or anywhere else really, doesn't matter, but is nice to organize all of your singleton scripts in one place.

Then run it. If you copied it to the suggested folder go to Start->Programs->MortScript to run it. If you installed it somewhere else use File Explorer to run it from where you copied the script.
    Thanks a ton H.... Ill go give this a shot...
    Emtreo, you've mentioned yours works with your HTC home?

I haven't had such success yet- though still working with HTC home.
    What brought you luck on it, something I'm missing?

-g
    Using Jeyo Mobile Companion 2.1, you can backup all your old text messages (sent items, inbox, deleted items, etc.) from your old mobile device (assuming it was using the built in windows mobile messaging client for SMS) and then restore these messages to your Treo 800w once you've run hannip's script to switch over to the WM6.1 messaging client for SMS. And if you've gotten a few text messages in the interim on the Palm SMS app, you can even edit the XML file that Jeyo Mobile Companion creates of your text messages to "add" these messages so that when you restore the backup file to the Treo 800w, it restores everything. And even cooler, since you can edit the XML file freely and then when you do a restore, it adds any properly formatted edits as new text messages, you can have some fun with it - I've added a few "messages" to me from Anna Kournikova and Jessica Alba to show my friends and co-workers...haha

So I think the only things that need to be fixed on the switch-over to the WM6.1 messaging client for SMS are:
    - today screen plug-in not displaying unread messages (or anything for that matter relating to SMS)
    - 6245 text messages are being sorted all together rather than by email address
    - PushEffect

I don't know about everyone else, but I can live with the last two - for me the biggest thing is getting the today screen plug-in to work properly since I rely upon that a lot.
    M.... I have installed H's switch over script....it ask me to do a soft rest however even after that... the first few times it goes to pocket outlook.... but then after a while the palm messaging app takes over again.... i think It does it when I click notification on the soft key...
    Am I doing something wrong???
    You need to take palms app off of the today screen.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    robber - I don't think that is what Sting23ray is referring to. I think what he means is that when he gets a new SMS message, and he clicks the left soft key and selects Notifications (or something along these lines), the palm SMS app takes over.

Hannip - any chance you could check this out?

Or, could anyone who has installed Hannip's mortscript and is now using the WM6.1 client check this out (just get a friend or someone to send you a text message, and then hit the left soft key, etc. and see if it reverts back to the Palm SMS app)?

Let's see if there's another small bug here or not...
    I think this would have popped up several times by post 78 if this were a true issue.

He describes exactly what happens if you leave palm app active
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast