Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Probably easiest just to ask ebag333 for the file.

It's a rom file so you can't copy it unless it's been extracted from a rom dump.
    I copied over the dll and reset the phone. Upon reboot it came up and prompted me to allow it to run, I said yes.

It then gave me an error saying "tmail" is not a valid Pocket PC application and a DLL couldn't be loaded message where the plugin was supposed to be. I'm doing a restore to put it back.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Is there a good free SMS addon to allow emoticons for Poutlook SMS? I like the emoticons options in the Palm SMS program.
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Grant, were you able to get that .dll? Just dont want to duplicate efforts or annoy ebag.

Thx
    I have it from a ROM dump...

It no worky, worky... See above.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by archjak1 View Post
    Here is the portion under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Cellular\SMS. If you need the full registry export or backup, how do you want me to send you the file?
    Please send to hannip AT aol DOT com
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post

odd. hmm.
    odd. hmm.
    Yep...

Thank the gods for Sprite Backup.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by archjak1 View Post
    Here is the portion under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Cellular\SMS. If you need the full registry export or backup, how do you want me to send you the file?
    I got the file, thx. Comparing it to my changes to the 800w it looks to be configured the same. Even the email gateway is configured the same. I'm not sure where to go from here. If you have any ideas or see anything in the reg that you think might have something to do with it let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post

Well that sucks.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I got the file, thx. Comparing it to my changes to the 800w it looks to be configured the same. Even the email gateway is configured the same. I'm not sure where to go from here. If you have any ideas or see anything in the reg that you think might have something to do with it let me know.
    So you have the same issue on the 800w using Poutlook? SMS messages from any email address thread into the 6243 thread regardless of the sender? On the 6.1 stock Poutlook threaded SMS they thread correctly by email sender.

Maybe a DLL? I am ignorant.
    First of all...Hannip (and all the others who have contributed) - you guys are awesome!

It looks like everything pretty much works with the new poutlook SMS app except for:
    - 6245 messages being threaded correctly (according to email address)
    - today screen plug-in displaying unread message count

Anyone have any ideas how to proceed on this to get these fixed? I'd be happy to do whatever to help.

Thanks!!
    On my 700wx, it looks like the key that controls the unread text message count is:
    HKCU\System\State\Messages\SMS\Unread with the following values:

DWORD Value
    Name: Count
    DWORD Data (dec): <decimal number of unread text messages>

String Value
    Name: Text
    String: Text Messages (<decimal number of unread text messages>)

I tried adjusting these two values under the same Key on my 800w (and deleting a 3rd value called UnreadCount I think), but even after soft resetting I couldn't get the today screen plug-in for messaging to display anything about text messages...
    I swear I'm not being an ***, but I don't want to mess with my near-perfect 800w. What does poutlook do that the regular messaging app doesn't? Any screenshots?
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanC1906 View Post
    I swear I'm not being an ***, but I don't want to mess with my near-perfect 800w. What does poutlook do that the regular messaging app doesn't? Any screenshots?
    the only real difference is the fact that poutlook is an integrated solution whereas having the separate Palm app means two apps instead of one.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

There are a few reasons;

Switching from email to sms can be done by pressing left/right on the five way- instead of switching apps.

The on screen notifcation allows you to save as read or delete without opening the app

Spell check

One line on today screen (not yet but hopefully soon)

That is all that is coming to me right now, but I think there are a couple more as well.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    For me the main thing is proper integration with HTC Home. Message count and getting it to link / start SMS properly.
    Hannip, what version of Mortscript have you tested the script with?
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 07/31/2008 at 02:35 AM.
  17.    #57  
    I've been using MortScript 4.1 which is the current relaeased version. I don't think there is anything special in the script that earlier version can't handle.
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbressman View Post
    On my 700wx, it looks like the key that controls the unread text message count is:
    HKCU\System\State \Messages\SMS\Unread with the following values:

DWORD Value
    Name: Count
    DWORD Data (dec): <decimal number of unread text messages>

String Value
    Name: Text
    String: Text Messages (<decimal number of unread text messages>)

I tried adjusting these two values under the same Key on my 800w (and deleting a 3rd value called UnreadCount I think), but even after soft resetting I couldn't get the today screen plug-in for messaging to display anything about text messages...
    Yeah I tried that too. Thought I had it, but nope. lol
    I've been using MortScript 4.1 which is the current relaeased version. I don't think there is anything special in the script that earlier version can't handle.
    I just want to make sure I'm using the same version. I know when I created my own scripts before, I would get different values, depending on the version of Mortstript. Though, I haven't looked at what this script does, but I just didn't want to chance it.
    I just installed it. so far, it rocks!!! GJ Hannip! unfortunately, still having problems with PushEffect.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast