Awesome, found it! Thanks a billion!
    No problem, that was getting on my nerves as well... LOL
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    So it sounds like the default today plugin is working for everyone?

Mine is not showing new sms. I just get the softkey popup and the taskbar icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    So it sounds like the default today plugin is working for everyone?

Mine is not showing new sms. I just get the softkey popup and the taskbar icon.
    It does not appear that mine is showing text messages either. With an unread text I see "No unread emails".

What do you think, Hannip?
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    This is great! Works almost perfectly for me. I did notice that the screensaver doesn't display an icon for unread SMS message like it would with the Palm SMS.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    One question re the messaging context sensitive button. It now behave exactly like the mail button. Is there a way to change the context button to something else?
    The left softkey is hard coded to go to whatever is defined for :MESSAGING in the registry. I changed it now so that it goes straight to Text Messages so it has a specific meaning. The :MESSAGING app reference is used by the left softkey and by the Messaging shortcut. It may be used in other places too.

Here is a little script that applies this change. New users won't need to run this.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    It does not appear that mine is showing text messages either. With an unread text I see "No unread emails".

What do you think, Hannip?
    I haven't found any reg entries to fix this. It would be interesting to try copying over a tmailutl.dll from another device to see if it fixes it.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by alphad View Post
    This is great! Works almost perfectly for me. I did notice that the screensaver doesn't display an icon for unread SMS message like it would with the Palm SMS.
    hmm, I do see the icon on the screensaver. What are others experience with this?

Edit: Ah, it might be TreoAlerts that is fixing the unread count for me.

Are you running TreoAlerts?
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    hmm, I do see the icon on the screensaver. What are others experience with this?

Edit: Ah, it might be TreoAlerts that is fixing the unread count for me.

Are you running TreoAlerts?
    I'm not running TreoAlerts.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by alphad View Post
    I'm not running TreoAlerts.
    That would explain it. Palm's Sms uses a different count registry value which is what the screensaver must be using I'm guessing. TreoAlerts will adjust the count if there is a pending Sms and the counter is zero. There was a WM5 bug where the count would get out of sync so TreoAlerts has code to fix that.
  10. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    The left softkey is hard coded to go to whatever is defined for :MESSAGING in the registry. I changed it now so that it goes straight to Text Messages so it has a specific meaning. The :MESSAGING app reference is used by the left softkey and by the Messaging shortcut. It may be used in other places too.

Here is a little script that applies this change. New users won't need to run this.
    That's perfect, now it's just like the way it used to work with Palms program and gives it a little more of a point then having two buttons that do the same thing.

Have I mentioned you rock in the last few hours...
    It really is way better than the Palm app.

Thanks a lot Hannip.

-Rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I haven't found any reg entries to fix this. It would be interesting to try copying over a tmailutl.dll from another device to see if it fixes it.
    I've tried to pull this off of my 700wx (running WM6) but it won't let me. Any advice? I've already disabled the plugin thinking that it was in use and wouldn't allow copying but that had no effect.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Run the NewTextAlert script I posted above to fix this.

Not sure. Can you send me your Mogul's WM 6.1 registry?
    I will try to do this tonight. Is it possible this is related to the "email center" 6245 number? The reason I ask is that any time an SMS comes from email, the Poutlook version now threads it in the "6245" sender thread/conversation. How can I get around this? I think once upon a time in Cody's SMS threader app there was an option to change this.

See the 4th post on this page: http://www.sprintmogul.net/Forum/tab...s/Default.aspx
    I'm pretty sure this is the issue. Can the email center (called SMSEmailGateway in the Palm/Varnish SMS registry) be set somewhere for Poutlook? I can't find any reg key to do this.

The key for Palm's SMS is in HKLM\Software\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\SMS\SMSEmailGateway = 6245.
    I've added the new text message alert to the script in the first post. It sets the alert to Alarm3.wma, but you can change this in Sounds & Notifications as you prefer. In Sounds & Notifications the event is called "Messaging New text message".

Here is a script to add the notification for those that don't have it and have already switched to Poutlook Sms. New users won't need to run this.
    When I try adding the new text alert notification I get an error saying it has already been defined in the registry.

But when I look in Settings->Sounds & Notifications->Notifications->Event

I don't see "New text message" at all. The closest I can find is "Messaging: New Message" but that one isn't firing when an SMS comes in. I assume the reg entries aren't showing in the events box. Any thoughts?
  16.    #36  
    I've tried to pull this off of my 700wx (running WM6) but it won't let me. Any advice? I've already disabled the plugin thinking that it was in use and wouldn't allow copying but that had no effect.
    Probably easiest just to ask ebag333 for the file.

It's a rom file so you can't copy it unless it's been extracted from a rom dump.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by archjak1 View Post
    When I try adding the new text alert notification I get an error saying it has already been defined in the registry.

But when I look in Settings->Sounds & Notifications->Notifications->Event

I don't see "New text message" at all. The closest I can find is "Messaging: New Message" but that one isn't firing when an SMS comes in. I assume the reg entries aren't showing in the events box. Any thoughts?
    Strange. Maybe some other software already added this event. Try this version. It doesn't check if it exists already, just writes it out.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by archjak1 View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is the issue. Can the email center (called SMSEmailGateway in the Palm/Varnish SMS registry) be set somewhere for Poutlook? I can't find any reg key to do this.

The key for Palm's SMS is in HKLM\Software\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\SMS\SMSEmailGateway = 6245.
    I didn't see anything in the registry for that. Hopefully your reg dump will provide clues.
    Here is the portion under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Cellular\SMS. If you need the full registry export or backup, how do you want me to send you the file?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Cellular\SMS\Router]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Cellular\SMS\Store]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Cellular\SMS\Protocols]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Cellular\SMS\Protocols\Raw]
    "DLL"="HTC_SMS_Providers.dll"
    "Params"="-Text"
    "AppName"="tmail.exe"
    "Priority"=dword:00000000
    "ExportPrefix"="Raw"
    "Name"="Microsoft Raw SMS Protocol (Receive Only)"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Cellular\SMS\Protocols\Status]
    "Params"="-Status"
    "AppName"="tmail.exe"
    "Priority"=dword:00000005
    "ExportPrefix"="Status"
    "Name"="Microsoft Status Message SMS Protocol (Receive Only)"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Cellular\SMS\Protocols\Notification]
    "Params"="-Notification"
    "AppName"="tmail.exe"
    "Priority"=dword:00000015
    "ExportPrefix"="Notify"
    "Name"="Microsoft Notification SMS Protocol (Receive Only)"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Cellular\SMS\Protocols\Class2]
    "Params"="-Class2"
    "AppName"="tmail.exe"
    "Priority"=dword:00000013
    "ExportPrefix"="Class2"
    "DLL"="SMS_Providers.dll"
    "Name"="Microsoft Class2 SMS Protocol"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Cellular\SMS\Protocols\Text]
    "Params"="-Text"
    "AppName"="tmail.exe"
    "Priority"=dword:00000010
    "ExportPrefix"="Text"
    "Name"="Microsoft Text SMS Protocol"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Cellular\SMS\Protocols\Broadcast]
    "Params"="-Text"
    "AppName"="\\Windows\\tmail.exe"
    "Priority"=dword:00000030
    "ExportPrefix"="Broadcast"
    "Name"="Microsoft Broadcast Message SMS Protocol (Receive Only)"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Cellular\SMS\Protocols\WCMP]
    "Priority"=dword:00000025
    "ExportPrefix"="WCMP"
    "Name"="Microsoft WCMP SMS Protocol"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Cellular\SMS\Protocols\WDP]
    "Priority"=dword:00000020
    "ExportPrefix"="WDP"
    "Name"="Microsoft WDP SMS Protocol"

Grant, were you able to get that .dll? Just dont want to duplicate efforts or annoy ebag.

Thx
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast