Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112
  1.    #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by iramike View Post
    I could live without the MMS downloading, what I'd like is the counter to work in Mobile Shell. or in general, I understand the counter on the screen saver, but in the OS I'd like to have a counter. Any ideas?
    If you mean the sms unread count you can use Treo Alert to get the counts in sync for spb and the screensaver. I added sync code in the latest TA 9.0 beta 8.

No one could figure out how to get the today plugin to show sms count however and believe me, we tried all kinds of things.
    i installed this and had a lot of issues....palm sms thread still would get the incoming txts but i could send them through outlook. how do i uninstall it? just click on the script again?
  3.    #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by xxsupergman25xx View Post
    i installed this and had a lot of issues....palm sms thread still would get the incoming txts but i could send them through outlook. how do i uninstall it? just click on the script again?
    Yes, you just run the script again.
    For this program has it ever been figured out to show unread texts instead of emails on the home screen. and how to show more then 10 texts in a conversation?
    It occurs to me (after now being forced to rebuild a new device from scratch due to the total bricking of my old 800w) that the Today screen settings from my 800w have the following:
    Inbox - for poutlook (email)
    Messaging - for Palm's sms app

However, looking back on my older 700wx, the today screen settings had the following:
    Messaging - for poutlook (email & SMS)

Is it possible that Palm somehow replaced the messaging today screen plugin that comes with Windows Mobile (Today Screen Settings - Messaging) with their own version that just shows their app's SMS, and then added an additional today screen plugin (Today Screen Settings - Inbox) that shows the unread email count in the poutlook app?
    So I decided to write a little script (with the help of hannip's original mortscript in this thread - I basically used it as a template - hopefully he won't mind!) that would allow enabling and disabling of threading in the poutlook SMS app.

I can't guarantee that it will work (although it seems to work for me) since I'm not much of a script-writer, but feel free to try it (at your own risk). And if anyone wants to double-check my work to make sure the code is all correct, please do!

Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by mbressman View Post
    So I decided to write a little script (with the help of hannip's original mortscript in this thread - I basically used it as a template - hopefully he won't mind!) that would allow enabling and disabling of threading in the poutlook SMS app.

I can't guarantee that it will work (although it seems to work for me) since I'm not much of a script-writer, but feel free to try it (at your own risk). And if anyone wants to double-check my work to make sure the code is all correct, please do!

Enjoy!
    Nice work. :-)
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Ok,

I won't even lie, I am giving up on MMS messages and switching to POutlook primarily for the dashwire backup of my messages. But, I am having some pretty major issues that prevent me from using the switcher...

First, when I switch to POutlook, this is what I'm doing..:
    Hard Reset, Installing RealVGA, then the Poutlook switcher.. No errors.

But, when the Poutlook takes over, after reseting, it might work for a few minutes, but then will only send messages. It will no longer recieve messages. Not sure where they go, but they never make it to my phone. Sometimes if I switch back to the palm sms app, the messages will filter in slowly.

Now I have hard reset my phone again, and just installed poutlook switcher, and still not recieving any messages at all.

I have heard of no one else having trouble with this switcher, so I'm feeling dumbfuzzled as to what the problem might be.

Here is info that might help on my phone.

Version TREO800W-1.03-SPNT
    Firmware 116

I am not sure what else might be important to know.

Please help me figure this out so I can enjoy dashwire fully.
    BTW, dashwire was installed after it was working the first time, but wasn't installed the rest of the times I have tried to use poutlook for texts.

thanks for your help in advance,

B

Thanks
    So my old device got bricked a few months ago, and I've been using a new one since, but haven't really had the time to built it correctly until this past weekend (and I'm still actually working on it). However, I seem to have managed to do something which I previously thought was impossible - and I have NO idea how I even did it!

I've managed to use hannip's poutlook sms tweak, and get the Today Screen to display text message information!

Basically, the today screen plugin for the Inbox is now also displaying unread text messages (and it is dynamically updating when I receive new text messages or read existing ones that were unread). It also links me right to text messages when I click on it.

I honestly do not know how I managed to do this, but here is some of the steps I took right off the bat after hard resetting my phone and starting a fresh build:

1) installed MortScript 4.2
    2) ran hannip's poutlook sms script to enable poutlook sms and disable palm's sms app
    3) attempted to use Jeyo Mobile Companion to restore all my old text messages to my freshly wiped phone - they all restored, but were ridiculously out of date order in the threaded inbox view
    4) decided to see if I could replace the cemail.vol file with a backed up one I had made right before wiping my device to get all my text messages back and in correct date order - I must have spent an hour or two running different scripts in the windows startup folder to try and overwrite the existing cemail.vol with my backed up copy (first I removed the poutlook link from the windows startup folder and turned off everything on my today screen) -> unfortunately no matter what, I couldn't get it to replace the cemail.vol with my existing one, although it did create new cemail.vol files some of the time (with sizes ranging from around 74K to around 364K - but all empty as far as I could tell)
    5) Gave up on the cemail.vol replacement approach (put the poutlook shortcut back in the Windows startup folder and re-enabled appropriate stuff on Today Screen) and decided to sync down all my text messages from the Microsoft My Phone beta service - I hoped they would come down in the right date order -> unfortunately, while they all sync'ed up, they were once again in a totally screwed up date order in the threaded view (although I have a feeling that if I turned off threaded view - via a registry hack - they would all show up correctly since they showed up correctly in the sent items folder)
    6) I had my phone's cell radio turned off until step #5 (which obviously required that I turn it back on to use the data connection) and previous to step #5 (or during it), I started receiving some text messages that had queued up on Sprint's servers
    7) Voila - it now seemed that the Today screen was keeping track of my text messages for me (from the poutlook sms app)

Like I said, I have no idea what I did that caused this to work, but I can't tell you how happy I am! Hopefully the above info will provide some clue to getting it to work for everyone!
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Marc-
    Please keep us posted. There a still a few of us who use out 800ws and would love to be able to use the WM SMS module for easier backup via MyPhone, etc.
    -Andrew
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    Marc-
    Please keep us posted. There a still a few of us who use out 800ws and would love to be able to use the WM SMS module for easier backup via MyPhone, etc.
    -Andrew
    Yesh...seconded. And...Bump. Seriously, what is the latest on this app with MS MyPhone and other cloud-based back-ups?

Looking to get a Treo Pro from a 800w. Before I do I need to make sure the SMS Is transferable either by Micro SD card to a Pro or via Microsoft MyPhone. Others have expressed similar scenarios.

like this one:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/1973142-post275.html
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112