Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    K, not to beat a dead horse and I can't recall if this was discussed and I don't want to reread the 10 pages, but I noticed something today.

I've been running this hack for a long time and I've always been aware of the fact that some programs like phoneAlarm, etc., always display "1" no matter how many SMS's you have. However, I've always been running Treo Alerts too.

Last night I did a hard reset to upgrade my RealVGA and today as I was reinstalling some software, one of the first things I did was the poutlook hack but I have NOT yet installed Treo Alerts. And as you can see in the pic, I noticed that when I started receiving SMS's the popup gave me the correct count! And I'm certain I'm running the poutlook hack b/c no matter what I clicked or key I pressed it only took me to poutlook and those 4 SMS's were there (so it's not like they were coming from Palm's app).

I would like to install Treo Alerts next and try this again but I **think** that w/ TA installed I never got the SMS popup so there would be no way to know.

Anyway, just thought I'd point it out - I'm don't know the first thing about programming but I thought this perhaps would shed some new light... Maybe, maybe not...

..:: ADAM ::..

Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
    Hmm.. ok, just installed TA and tested it, the pop-up still comes up (I must have turned it off somewhere last time and forgot about it (SKTools??)) but it still gives the correct number... oh well, I guess I was thinking/hoping thinking that something can be adjusted in TA perhaps... Anyway, hopefully one day this issue might get resolved.

Clie UX40 --> Clie NZ90 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 800w --> HTC Touch Pro --> Treo 800w (again)
    I don't know if anyone's still interested in this, but looks like HTC added some MMS functionality to the Treo Pro for within POutlook.

Code:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\FLIX]
    "GlyphDll"="MMSRes_320x320.dll"
    "DLL"="MMSTransport.dll"
    "GlyphInfo"=hex:\
          20,00,00,00,64,00,00,00,64,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,01,00,00,00,02,00,00,00,03,\
    "Name"="Video Message"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\PIX]
    "DLL"="MMSTransport.dll"
    "Name"="Picture Message"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\PIX\NT]
    "DLL"="MMSTransport.dll"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\PIX\RR]
    "DLL"="MMSTransport.dll"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\PIX\DR]
    "DLL"="MMSTransport.dll"
    K, maybe this question shouldn't be asked but I can't help myself...
    Will this work on the 800w and if so will it replace sMMS?

Another unrelated question: anyway to replace "Delete" softkey in poutlook with "New" ??

If it didn't work on the 800w why would it be posted here?

It does work, and it can replace sMMS if you use the Sprint MMS program.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    If it didn't work on the 800w why would it be posted here?

It does work, and it can replace sMMS if you use the Sprint MMS program.
    OK, I'm stupid... so this http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=174377 has to be done first?
    And if so, I'm guessing that it will still allow me to keep SMS w/ poutlook but MMS w/ the palm threaded messaging? Or am I dumber than I sound...?
    I guess I'll do a backup first, try it, and find out for myself but I'm just hoping you'll know off the top of your head... thanks..

No, you need to do one or the other, not both.

You can do POutlook (this thread) with MMS via Sprint's MMS program (go to their software store to download). Or you can use Palm's Threaded Messaging with my tweak to enable MMS.

Personally I prefer Palm's threaded messaging.
    Ebag,

How do you go from Outlook to Text? I am guessing just open one or the other program?

Thanks,
    Rich
    In POutlook SMS's are treaded like another e-mail account box. So I have Exchange, GMail, and SMS (when I used POutlook for this).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    No, you need to do one or the other, not both.

You can do POutlook (this thread) with MMS via Sprint's MMS program (go to their software store to download). Or you can use Palm's Threaded Messaging with my tweak to enable MMS.

Personally I prefer Palm's threaded messaging.
    Thanks for all your help Ebag. Unfortunately I've been having a hard time finding this sprint mms program. i went to the software store and searched for it but got no results...? i also did a google search which wasn't very helpful either. do you have a direct link to it? sorry for the hassle. Thanks in advance.
    is there anyway to view more then 10 messages at a time?
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I'm trying out the new MyPhone beta from MS and while it backs up SMS messages, it doesn't backup the Palm Threaded SMS messages.

This may be another reason to use the POutlook option, instead, if you want to back up messages pretty easily via the MyPhone "cloud" method.

Any further work on this to make it work just like the built-in WM 6.1 threaded texting in the Treo Pro, without the few noted quirks listed in this thread?
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    The only thing I have an issue with is, not being able to silence the ringer when it starts ringing or when I read the msg it should stop ringing.

Either way it finishes it ring before it stops.

Any Thoughts?
  14.    #215  
    Any users of my Poutlook sms script brave enough to try installing the Treo Pro Arcsoft sms/mms app to see if it works on the 800w?

Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79 From Sprint With Threading MMS - PPCGeeks
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Any users of my Poutlook sms script brave enough to try installing the Treo Pro Arcsoft sms/mms app to see if it works on the 800w?

Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79 From Sprint With Threading MMS - PPCGeeks

I gave this a shot at work today, it wouldn't work for me. Followed the steps and after a reboot I still had the Palm SMS and no other link or app or anything for the joint messaging. I'm wondering if it was posted for the Touch Pro if the cab we tried to use would work as it is for a different resolution.
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
  16.    #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by iramike View Post
    I gave this a shot at work today, it wouldn't work for me. Followed the steps and after a reboot I still had the Palm SMS and no other link or app or anything for the joint messaging. I'm wondering if it was posted for the Touch Pro if the cab we tried to use would work as it is for a different resolution.
    You have to use my poutlook script in this thread to be pointing to poutlook before installing the Arcsoft. Did you do that?

Edit: oh you are right. I peeked at the cab and they stuffed in different res gifs and dll's in there. hmm. Maybe sometime I'll put together a cab for the 800w if there is enough interest.
    Last edited by hannip; 04/17/2009 at 03:00 PM.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    You have to use my poutlook script in this thread to be pointing to poutlook before installing the Arcsoft. Did you do that?

Edit: oh you are right. I peeked at the cab and they stuffed in different res gifs and dll's in there. hmm. Maybe sometime I'll put together a cab for the 800w if there is enough interest.

Got it all working, the picture didn't show up in the thread, just showed the usual pic mail link, that was fine. What irritated me is the counter didn't work. I did like the threaded messaging, it is slick!
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
  18.    #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by iramike View Post
    Got it all working, the picture didn't show up in the thread, just showed the usual pic mail link, that was fine. What irritated me is the counter didn't work. I did like the threaded messaging, it is slick!
    Oh interesting. Seems like Sprint goes by the physical device vs what is in the MMSUA then. I wonder if you could call Sprint Tech support and sweet talk them into making your device look like a Treo Pro so you get the inline MMS download.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    Oh interesting. Seems like Sprint goes by the physical device vs what is in the MMSUA then. I wonder if you could call Sprint Tech support and sweet talk them into making your device look like a Treo Pro so you get the inline MMS download.

I could live without the MMS downloading, what I'd like is the counter to work in Mobile Shell. or in general, I understand the counter on the screen saver, but in the OS I'd like to have a counter. Any ideas?
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast