Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I had Sprint MObile Email set up on my treo 755P and it pushed all my gmail messages stright to my phone. Is there one for the 800w? and if not how can i get it to push my email and not have to check every 15 minutes for new mail?

it also seems that the gmail app for email isnt supported on windows mobile
    Search the forum with you topic title. I posted the .cab a little while back.
    is this what you need?

http://carlnet.no-ip.org/phone/800w/...EmailSetup.cab

it will install OTA as well
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I would definitely recommend using SEVEN instead of Sprint Mobile email.

Reasons:
    Its an updated version of Sprint Mobile Email.
    Unlike Sprint Mobile Email app, there are no problems on Treo 800w using the SEVEN client to setup multiple email accounts. I have 3 gmail accounts and 1 yahoo account all work perfectly.

Here is the link.
    http://community.seven.com/main.php

You can register here to get a free Beta.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Search the forum with you topic title. I posted the .cab a little while back.
    wow thanks!! your **** setting are awesome

hahaha too funny...

so im gonna try this out with seven to see which is better. Personally i used the SME on my 755p and it did everything i wanted it to do.

thanks bro!
  6.    #6  
    wow... the resolution for this program sucks... haha its all blurry!
    Quote Originally Posted by rtandon87 View Post
    I would definitely recommend using SEVEN instead of Sprint Mobile email.

Reasons:
    Its an updated version of Sprint Mobile Email.
    Unlike Sprint Mobile Email app, there are no problems on Treo 800w using the SEVEN client to setup multiple email accounts. I have 3 gmail accounts and 1 yahoo account all work perfectly.

Here is the link.
    http://community.seven.com/main.php

You can register here to get a free Beta.
    This does appear to be far superior. Thanks
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I have asked a few times, and no one has answered yet, so I'm gonna try again here....

The SEVEN client for Palm was able to get IMAP accounts, but could not handle IMAP folders. IOW all you could receive was your inbox. Does the WM client handle IMAP folders or is it the same issue?
    does the sprint or seven program use push? i have 6 email accounts that i was having pushed (gmail/hotmail/yahoo) to my centro using the sprint program...having these all scheduled in pocket outlook its eating my battery like a fat kid eats cake!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    This does appear to be far superior. Thanks
    but soo far it works better tho, although they both do the same thing
    FYI- Seven has been having networks issues for the past week or so. Supposed to be a update appied at noon today (right now). If you have been having issues hold your breath for a few more minutes.

http://community.seven.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1676
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    but soo far it works better tho, although they both do the same thing

It looks better, it allows up to 50k of the message to be sent. It also allows for 1 week, 2 week, month etc of messages versus a set number. Multiple accounts, and hopefully more reliable performance.

-Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny View Post
    like a fat kid eats cake!
    Hey now!!

*goes back to eating cake*
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    ok.. I am liking seven but..

I want my emails to come through as being from "John Smith".. not johnsmith@gmail.com..

Do you understand? Can this be fixed because its a deal breaker for me?!
    Sprint Palm Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Hey now!!

*goes back to eating cake*
    *puts cake down*

is this better...like an alcoholic drinks vodka

*picks up vodka/red bull*

Last edited by BigKenny; 07/29/2008 at 11:56 AM. Reason: typo
    Anyway, from what is being said, using SEVEN means your email goes through their servers and when their servers are sick, your email is sick. That may be a problem.
    Somebody please explain the advantages SEVEN has over regular IMAP that you can set up with say, a Gmail account.
    Gmail on the 800w is POP3 not IMAP, iirc.
    Quote Originally Posted by rododson View Post
    Gmail on the 800w is POP3 not IMAP, iirc.
    No, it's possible to set up Gmail IMAP on the 800w.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I have asked a few times, and no one has answered yet, so I'm gonna try again here....

The SEVEN client for Palm was able to get IMAP accounts, but could not handle IMAP folders. IOW all you could receive was your inbox. Does the WM client handle IMAP folders or is it the same issue?
    Bump.

Does this mean nobody knows, or nobody is actually using IMAP email and just wants their one inbox pushed to them?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast