Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by strongsteve View Post
    I have given up on SEVEN for two reasons:

1) It really slowed my Treo down significantly
    2) My recipients would get email from "xxxxx@gmail.com" instead of being from "John Doe". I like my name to show up in their inbox.

I have gone back to mail2web.
    Not sure why it would slow anything down, but the only reason I would even consider SEVEN is if another account is tying up EAS.

I am trying to get this to work good enough for my personal mail and unfortauntely have not been able to.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Why the hell would I be "obligated" to spell out all the steps to you? You hijacked this thread by asking a question that could easily be answered by a simple search. Your way out of line.
    Look I don't want a pissing contest here but I do have a yellow raincoat I can put on so that it will just look like water...

Here is the OP:
    I had Sprint MObile Email set up on my treo 755P and it pushed all my gmail messages stright to my phone. Is there one for the 800w? and if not how can i get it to push my email and not have to check every 15 minutes for new mail?

it also seems that the gmail app for email isnt supported on windows mobile
    Questions raised:
    * GMAIL = Check
    * 800w = Check
    * Setting up email on 800w = Check
    * Sprint Mobile Email (and therefore Seven) = Check - - which in my other posts I refer to, since this had been my method of using Gmail on my phone, of which was the OP's question = Check
    * The thread then went into IMAP settings as a way to use Gmail = Check

How was this a hijack again?
    Quote Originally Posted by rododson View Post
    * The thread then went into IMAP settings as a way to use Gmail = Check

How was this a hijack again?
    When you took the thread to configuring IMAP in poutlook.

I apologize for only pointing you in the direction of the answer and not walking you through the entire config.

Your acting like you are a paying customer.

-Rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    SEVEN (an email client) and IMAP (an email protocol).

Got it?
    And Pocket Outlook is an email client, too - one that can use IMAP to retrieve e-mails - which ultimately accomplishes the same goal as SEVEN.

Another post said SEVEN pushes while IMAP polls. But again, the ultimate goal is that both ways will deliver your email "automatically." Right?

So just what is the advantage of using SEVEN over IMAP via Outlook (if the account supports it).

(After reading bits here and there, I don't there this is any advantage, to be honest.)
    Quote Originally Posted by vanishersprinteruser View Post
    That's like saying Pocket Outlook is an email client that can use IMAP as the protocol to retrieve messages because the bottomline is that both will accomplish the same goal. Another post said SEVEN pushes while IMAP polls. But again, the ultimate goal is that both ways will deliver your email "automatically." Right?

So just what is the advantage of using SEVEN over IMAP via Outlook (if the account supports it).

(After reading bits here and there, I don't there this is any advantage, to be honest.)
    The advantage is that SEVEN pushes so you dont "check" email it just arrives.
    The advantage is that SEVEN pushes so you dont "check" email it just arrives.
    Which IMAP does... essentially the same thing?

Unless the technicality between push and poll is that great and unfortunately, escapes me... I seriously don't see the hub-bub.
    Which IMAP does... essentially the same thing?

Unless the technicality between push and poll is that great and unfortunately, escapes me... I seriously don't see the hub-bub.
    The big deal is that push delivers email (nearly) instantly without the need for constant polling which makes it more efficient.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    IMAP IDLE does push, that is not something that is configured right in poutlook and requires a 3rd party app.

In poutlook terms using IMAP servers simply means folder syncing and messaages that show read on the device will show read online and vice versa. *You have to tell the device to check every x minutes or manually check your self*

SEVEN attempts to eliminate manual and sheduled server polls by using a SMS or heartbeat protocol (?) to notify the device there is a change which initiates the poll.

SEVEN attempts to eliminate manual and sheduled server polls by using a SMS or heartbeat protocol (?) to notify the device there is a change which initiates the poll.
    Thanks, that is the kind of answer I'm looking for.

Too bad SEVEN seems to be down right now (yes, I had it installed even as I was questioning its use - hehe).
    Thanks, that is the kind of answer I'm looking for.

Too bad SEVEN seems to be down right now (yes, I had it installed even as I was questioning its use - hehe).

I have a feeling that they are still trying to figure out what is going on and that this issue is bigger than they thought. That server update yesterday made things worse- and that was supposed to be the fix!
    Guys, after using SEVEN for one day, I've discovered the true advantage it has over IMAP - it saves a tremendous amount of battery life when email data is pushed instead of constantly polled.

I think I can go 8+ hours without charging the battery now.
    Are you using a pop account or an IMAP account with SEVEN?
    I think someone is confused about the difference between POP and IMAP.
    Someone is still confused about the difference between an email client and an email protocol. <sigh>
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123